Little Tool to make diashows of your own images using a timer.
There are some pages on the internet that show images for a certain time to help artists doing gestures and stuff. e.g. pixelovely makes a great page for that. artists.pixelovely.com/practic…
The difference with this tool is mainly that you use local pictures.
To use it you have to download the jar and start it with doubleclick. (or open wiht "java" if you have another program like winrar attached to *.jar files).
It needs at least Java7.
When it starts it first asks for a directory with pictures. (subdirectories are scanned also)
From the dropbox (1) you can choose a set time - or you can fill in any timer value in the textbox itself.
(2) shows how many seconds are left till the next image.
(3) if you don't like the image you can hop to the next one.
(4) pause button to stop the countdown and resume button to continue
It was really programmed really really fast so there is more than enough room to improve like
- go to the last picture
- start at the beginning again when the last picture was shown.
- show the path and name of the picture.
Feel free to tell me what you want, need - i may consider it.
*Edit - now takes the pictures randomly - though the first picture may not be random as it takes some time till the programm discovers all pictures in the folder*