NekoJonez - 10 writing tips #3NekoJonez - Writing tips #3NekoJonez - 10 writing tips #32 years ago in Writing More Like This
1. Failures aren't things to be ashamed off. They are a learning school for the next time. What idea's work and which don't. Not working idea's don't exist. Not effective implementations do.
2. Never plan a destiny of a character too far ahead. Your story will become predictable. In other words, if you planned to let someone die Don't make it that you aren't allowed to take branching paths.
3. Try to be in your element while writing. Writing a soccer story Go watch a soccer game once in a while and write things down to maybe use in your story.
4. Challenge yourself with taking a random story copying the SAME core idea but rewriting the implementation with OTHER characters. Like, try to make a Zelda story with Mario as main character.
5. Don't be afraid to experiment. If an experiment doesn't work and it makes your story have a flaw So what, it's another thing you know more.
6. If there are one or two lines who