Ok so have been spending some time trying to get a decent Bespin Transparent look. Now this is my first time trying to set this type of thing up let alone in Bespin so if there are any issues let me know.
Note you will need to install Bespin for this theme, here is a how to download and compile from source: [link]
Original Bespin Config that I moded was: KDE Style / Win Dec / Color Scheme: bespin-preset-collection 1 by [link]
OS: Kubuntu 12.04 x64 DE: KDE 4.8.4 KDE Style/ Win Dec: Bespin Custom Conifg by
KDE Plasma Theme: Helium One by mcder: [link] Icon Theme: kAwOken by [link] Conkyrc: conky bottom clock by [link] Covergloobus: Curl for Covergloobus by [link] Wallpaper: Field Fog Wallpaperby [link] Montiro PSD: Apple Thunderbolt Display PSD By [link]
Ok so 3rd KDE Bespin Style. This one is a dark transparent theme similar to the last transparent theme I did. Well Hope you like it. Original Bespin Config that I moded was: KDE Style / Win Dec / Color Scheme: bespin-preset-collection 1 by [link]
Aslo I am including the Color Scheme in this download.
OS: Kubuntu 12.04 x64
DE: KDE 4.8.4 Wallpaper Used In Preview: Simple by [link]
KDE Plasma Theme: nowardev 2 Transparent Dark By nowardev: [link] KDE Style/ Win Dec: Bespin Custom Conifg by Icon Theme: kAwOken by [link] Conkyrc: conky bottom clock by [link] Covergloobus: Curl for Covergloobus by [link] Docky Theme: dark glass for docky by [link] Montiro PSD: Apple Thunderbolt Display PSD By [link]
I was asked if i could release this be::shell theme so here you go. There are just few things I want to go ever beforehand.
1. I included a readme file PLEASE READ IT! LOL!! 2. Using be::shell you can't be afraid of editing styles.css and the be-shell file as that is how you customize your look. or if it doesn't exactly look like in my screenshots. I can help if need be but it's just like everything once you start editing files you'll get the hang of it. and remember to save and reload often.
Thomas (the creator of be::shell/bespin) has done an amazing job with the wiki. Please read it to help you understand the different settings and he has answered a lot of questions as well. You can find them below
What is quick shot? It's an idea that I make a screenshot (snapshot) of my desktop and update it whenever I change something. Why? If I make several screenshots every week, it is nothing more than spam. So I think it is better, if I make a continuous update of this deviation. And if I change more than only my wallpaper or a shadow of my windows, then I'lll post a new deviation. What do you think? If you like this idea, you can fave this and you'll see often small changes of my desktop... sometimes daily. If not you can ignore this and all will be good.
KDE 4.9 - Bespin - BE::Shell - BeClock
What has changed?
- wallpaper ( [link] ) - cursor ( [link] ) - some small changes here and there -> all in all pretty much the same setup as in last scrot
· BE::Shell theme and config · Two Bespin themes · Two Konsole colorschemes · GlobalMenu & XBar files (in english) · Scripts (from the source code) and NP. · Wallpaper. · README file with Instructions.
Porting of my full flat theme [link] to kde,plasma theme here [link]
17/09/2012 2.0: A New way,more flat(!!!) various changes to checkbox,popups ...... don't work properly with older color schemas,so use 2.0 version or modify.
16/08/2012 1.4: several minor changes to widgets,changed custom shades,added color schema.
26/05/2012 1.3 : Solved the problem of colors of menubar,removed resize grip use only side border,added several color schemas.
20/05/2012 1.2 : some changes to widgets,added firefox and thunderbird styles(see at the bottom for how to use it). Added several color schemas .
18/05/2012 1.1 : some changes to color scheme and widgets,working on firefox and thunderbird compatible theme (see in preview).
08/05/2012 1.0 : consider it complete changes in window borders,several widgets and color schema.
28/04/2012 0.2 release : a lot of changes to grandients of widgets hope looks better in archive remaining also old version,so when install select the files with name *0.2
How to install:
STYLE: if you don't have qtcurve,install it (search for "qtcurve" on your package manager) download and extract the archive,open system setting - appearence - style,select qtcurve and click on configuration button,click on import and select the file .qtcurve downloaded.
COLOR SCHEME: open system settings - colors,click on import,select the .colors file downloaded.
FIREFOX AND THUNDERBIRD : add stylish extension [link] for firefox [link] for thunderbird. In the archive there is a folder named "firefox and.." there are 2 css files for style. FIREFOX : open the file firefox_ff_style.css,select all for copy,open the page about:addons,go in user style,create new and paste the code selected before. THUNDERBIRD : open addons manager,go in user style and do the same (obv use thunderbird_ff_style.css). Soon i upload files at userstyles.org.
Firefox and thunderbird userstyles based on holo for firefox [link]
Extract the theme to ~/.kde/share/apps/desktoptheme/
Select the theme in System Settings>Workspace Appearance>Desktop Theme>Theme
If the theme doesn't show right for some reason, delete the cache file ~/.kde/cache (machinename)/plasma_theme_Elune.kcache
If you are using a 2D desktop(not OpenGL accelerated with desktop effects on) you will find a folder named "light-panel". Copy the "icons" folder inside and overwrite the one in the theme directory and copy the "arrows.svgz" into the "widgets" folder, overwriting the file in there. These are dark assets for the opaque panel in 2D mode. Delete the cache file as said above if you have any problems and things don't change.
Elune style menu icons are in the "extra" folder(right click>Application Launcher Settings to change the menu icon).
Update - 1.1 - 11th July 2012
- Improved opaque gradients. - Added dark icons for opaque mode. - Added dark tray arrow.
Update - 1.2 - 15th July 2012
- Improved tasks to look more accurate. - Slightly darker text for better reading on translucent backgrounds. - Added two Elune style kmenu icons in the "extra" folder.
Update - 1.2.1 - 16th July 2012
- Reversed top panel gradient. - Top translucent panel now renders properly, with shadow.
Update - 1.3 - 5th Feb 2013
- Improved analogue clock - Fixed text problem in button tabs(i.e microblogging widget) - Fixed button sizes - Better toolbox - KDE 4.9 compatibility
Update - 1.4 - 8th March 2013
- Added more systemtray icons for various apps and fixed a few. - Added toolbar icons. - KDE 4.10 compatibility updates.
Update - 1.4.1 - 1th July 2013
- Fixed an issue with the panel when not maximised because part of the mini panel had 1px missing. - Made view item hover 85% opaque to make the outlined windows look better.