The newest addition to my armory!! This is known as the Pixie or Woodland capelet...all depending on the color and who wants to wear it
This capelet drapes over the shoulders with a long tail-like hood. This capelet is very whimsical and can be done in any combination of colors. This would be a perfect addition to any fun LARPing costume or an "around the camp" costume set. As you can see there are two granny-square triangle inserts in the hood, which are offset and make for a very fun look.
The capelet is made purely of yarn. The colors of this capelet is "Violet by Red Heart with Love" and "Sungold by I Love This Yarn"
This is a one size fits most. My shoulders are pretty wide and it fits me just great!
The pattern was provided by Sylv Chez Plum on etsy.com
A re-up from my old account- sorry if you see this deviation twice!
This is a little shawlette (though it looks more like a capelet on my dressform) I made using size 8 knitting needles, and about 40 grams of silver-gray yarn. It was a simple knit, just a little tedious from the constant yarn over and drop stitches, especially near the end.
My 'biggest' project so far, I'm just in love with this! Light and airy so I can still wear it occasionally in the summer~ The soft ruffle is my favorite part of this.
These tiny hearts dangle down from delicate silver chains and are attached to steel hook earrings. I made this set for Valentines Day, though really they could be worn any day or season of the year, and would make a unique gift.
The largest heart measures only about 1/2 inch tall and wide (~1.3cm), and the smallest measures about 1/3 inches tall and wide (~ 0.8cm). (*They're super bitty!*) Each of the three hearts are made from one of three different colors of fine cotton crochet thread, and are stuffed lightly with poly fill.
I don't normally post photos of patterns I wasn't involved in creating on DA (although you can find all of my projects on Ravelry) but I just had to share this one! This was the most fun I have had knitting in a long time. It's a top down, seamless hoodie. It starts in the middle of the hood with a turkish cast on on circular needles and is worked out in both directions at the same time. The construction is just so intriguing. Someone called it an "Elizabeth Zimerman" knitting experience, and I would agree with that. Like the BSJ it's kinda hard to see where the pattern is going... but if you just follow it it works like magic. Pattern link: www.ravelry.com/patterns/libra…
Soooooooo.... I made this Steel-Grey Squid with the original intention of it being for earrings and/or keychains.... But then it wasa bit too delicate for a keychain a bit large for earrings... So, I instead I'm offering it up as a necklace pendent (or keychain charm if you'd really like). IF soooomeone out in the universe would like to make it for them as a pair of earrings.... I suppose I'd do that. Simply request a commission or a custom order, either on my Deviant OR on my shop page: (Shop Link)
On the note of being excited to make this, for some reason I was INSANELY excited to buy and put on the tiny red beads for it's eyes. (No, I mean really REALLY... excited.) Not sure how small ya'll can tell the eye beads are, buuuut don't worry I'll tell ya. Overall diameter of 2.1 milimeters, with the inside hole measuring 1.8mm. Yeah. Tiny. So much excitement for such tiny red beads... I don't get it either.
This tiny Squid itself measures about 1 inch tall or 2 inches tall with tentacles (~2.5cm / ~5cm), and 1/2 inch wide with fins (~1.3cm).
Made from fine steel-grey cotton crochet thread, with bitty ruby red bead eyes, it's lightly stuffed with poly fill.
This miniature squid comes handmade with great love and care by me! ^_^ Find the item at this Link! Please visit my shop where you will find other items like this!
Finally. I've had this idea in store for months. I finally got around to it. I spent quite a while searching decent sphere patterns for knitting. But knowing I would have to do the duplicate stitch, none that I found seemed fitting. SO...I made it up. Made up everything myself. The whole thing. So it's comprised of a total of 18 pieces, with button eyes and stitched mouth. The body and cloud are 5 and 6 six pieces respectively, all separate parts. The entire cloud was just winged, no planning. I was lucky to just go with it and have each piece work out in the end [and fit together so well! And still be a good size for the already-made body]. The mouth, I admit, isn't quite how I wanted it, but it's symmetrical and still works.
So overall, I'm in love with the turn out. I hope you like it too.
I really should write the "pattern" down, so I can use it again in case I make a matching shiny 'floon...