What I Learned at SRU -85-
A/N: I hope everyone is enjoying SRU and also Legend of Korra. The season finale is in just a couple days!
Also, just a reminder that following the SRU Facebook page is the easiest way to be updated on every new piece of art, work-in-progress sketches, and previews of chapters as I write them.
I know there's a lot more of you than I hear from, so I just want to take a moment to thank all of you people I know are taking the time to read. Even if you don't leave a comment, I still am grateful you're still with me. After this chapter there's fifteen more to go until the story is over!
What I Learned at SRU
Chapter 85 - Penguin
- Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 -
"Have a good walk with the mutt?"
"Hey, Bolin. Yea...It was good," Korra confirmed, wandering into the parlor, still dressed in her boots and jacket.
"Yarr-Yarrp! Yarr! Grrrrr..."
"Haha," Korra looked down at the pup, still att
OC Guidebook: OCXCannonThe OC Guidebook: OC X CannonOC Guidebook: OCXCannon5 years ago in Writing More Like This
Ok first of all some advice nobody is going to listen to but I'll add anyway. Then I'll get to the rest
OCXCannon Is EXTREMLY difficult to pull off especially with any of the major characters. So as a general rule of thumb unless you are an amazing and experienced writer DON'T DO IT!
If you are going to do it DO NOT PAIR YOUR OC WITH A CANNON CHARACTER YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON! Trust me people can tell. This tends to skew up your prospective and make you make the cannon character act in very out of character ways.
That said I know people aren't going to listen so lets begin:
If you are going to do ocXcannon there is a general rule of thumb to bear in mind. Under no circumstances should you shift the cannon character's personality or actions to match your OC!
Pairing an OC with a cannon is a very different process then any other type of romantic writing you do. Its' not like OCXOC which if I haven't made it clear already you should be doing unless you're a very
Cosplay and Con Tips-TermsCosplay and Con Tips-Terms5 years ago in Other More Like This
1. Bring water to cons. Things can get pretty expensive at anime cons.
2. Have an e-mail you can give out at cons. This is handy if you take pictures and people want copies, or the other way around.
3. Expect people to want pictures while you are cosplaying and have some poses ready in mind.
4. Bring a small sewing repair kit while cosplaying. You can get them at some dollar stores.
5. Going to your first con? Go to the vendors hall right off the bat if you can. Items go fast.
6. Have a meeting place to find your friends. It can get very busy at cons and near imposable to find people.
7. Afraid of having to go to a con alone? Most cons have forums where people come up with a place to meet. If your con does not have a meeting place, don't be afraid to start your own!
8. When you are at a con, reellaaxxx. There even the most stuck up business person can feel like they are in recess again.
9. Make sure you make your cosplay the best you can.
Rules for Naruto OC CreationRules for Naruto Original Character CreationRules for Naruto OC Creation8 years ago in Writing More Like This
The following is a set of general rules and guidelines that will help you in the creation of original characters for the Naruto Universe. These are intended to prevent or reduce the instance of "Mary Sue" characters in the fandom by providing helpful tips at avoiding the common habits that give rise to them.
1. Know your canon.
If you are unfamiliar or just aren't certain about some of the series information (such as jutsu names, families, history, etc), look it up. Resist the urge to go running headfirst into creating a character without actually knowing what's going on. Do some research first. This prevents you from looking like an idiot when someone points out that your character is doing something that should be impossible in the Naruto Universe. Claiming ignorance is no excuse, when answers to your questions are no more than a five-second google search away.