So while I was thinking about how to quilt the Star Trek embroideries I decided to do something else I'd be been planning on doing for a while.. Finland.. when he's angry - not sure why but this one really drew me to do it I'm thinking of how to make a nice frame for this.. have some idea's but as always I need to have a think about it. <wink>
It's 3 1/4 inch by just over 3 inches or roughly 8 x 8 cm on 18 count Aida
I was trying to find an image of Wales doing something on his own but none of them were as good as this adorable one of them falling in love so this is a 2 for one deal this time. The green stuff in New Zealand's mouth is grass btw.
It's approx 3 3/4 inch wide by 2 1/2 inch high on 18 count Aida or 9,5 x 6,25 cm on 7 squares per cm Aida.
I've always liked the demons that draws - they are incredibly cute and in the theme of using up every last scrap of Aida I made a pattern for this little demon that is somewhat frightened. It only took a couple of hours to make.
It's 2 5/8 inch wide by 2 1/4 inch high or 6,5 x 5,5 cm (according to my rulers anyway ) on 18 count Aida.
I finished Sister Sweden last night - it took a bit longer than I'd expected but that was mostly because my hands didn't really want to work much which made holding the needle somewhat complicated. I hate it when it suddenly gets cold in the summer - my "ageing" joints kick in and set up a complaints department.
Finished size: 4 1/8 high x 2 1/8 wide, that's about 10,5 x 5,5 cm according to my ruler. Fabric used: 18 count or 7 squares per cm Aida
I wanted the Sweden pattern to include his geeky side (I love Geeks so yeah.. heheh) and this one fit the bill I must admit that part of me wanted to call this "Creepy Sweden" but I decided not to in the end as I'm pretty sure I have that same expression when I'm killing off monsters in Skylanders.
It's approx 2 3/8 inch wide by 2 3/4 inch high on 18 count Aida or 6 x 7 cm on 7 squares per cm Aida.
I always like to use up fabric to the last scrap where possible so I made this little embroidery to use one of the smaller scraps I have lying around the place. The beer ghost of SATW is just too cute not to embroider and him drinking beer was just the right size to fit the scrap I had.
Embroidery is 3 3/4 x 2 7/8 inch or around 9,5 x 4,75 cm made on 18 count Aida and took me a day to make.
So I got this crazy idea to see what it would be like to turn one of my SATW embroidery patterns into Lego. I raided my oldest son's Lego stash for the job as he was away on school camp and couldn't complain about the mess I made hehe (that youngest has less bricks has absolutely nothing to do with it ).
First I built it one brick wide and counted one lengthways stud as a stitch but my son just didn't have enough black and white Lego that wasn't already in use in other projects for me to do that so I had to take it apart and start again.
I then decided to borrow one of youngest's large grey base plates and used that as the base to build on and counted one stud as one stitch and I found that I had *just* enough black and white to just about complete it - I would have preferred to completely cover the baseplate with white but well.. I need to top up the kids Lego bricks first lol