On September 4th, 2012, I made an announcement that I was building a remote controlled Mako from Mass Effect. Exactly 6 months later, it's a reality! It drives and the cannon turns. I'm not able to scale 89 degree walls just yet... that will come in due time.
So here's the pattern I used to make these. Not extremely detailed but it gave me the gist of where things need to go. I used the seam on my pants as a starting point so I knew how far to go forward and back and then spellotaped them together to get the full pattern. Added a 1.5cm seam as I cut. The funny line on the front piece is 2.5cm/1inch in and added another 1cm to the front joining seam because there 2 funny seams there. Hope Awesome Photoshop Pictures next to this area explain it. I kept this seam as small as possible as its not an area you want to add bulk to! (At least not as a girl!)
Oh and the top seam, make as much as you need. Mine was 3cm but may still be a bit too much. Better to be safe than sorry.