More stash cleaning! Remember a long time ago I said I was going to post this and didn't? And remember an even longer time ago I said I was going to post this and didn't?
It's Aureus's cousin I mentioned that one time : D fav.me/d68xy66 I originally just came up with him when I was trying to figure out what other individuals of whatever Aureus's species is might look like. I think I drew this about the time of round three. He was never really relevant to the OCT story so it never came up. But he and his family were farmers who lived in the country, and Aureus's family would sometimes visit them. Aureus thought they were awesome because of all the agricultural equipment they had. I pictured them with a steam tractor originally but then I realized this would have been around the 1850s/1860s, so too early for those. He's maybe 17 in the first picture? I don't know. There's an age difference of probably about five years between them, with Aureus being the younger. Robert was bored with farm life, and eventually left to go west. I tried to figure out what he would look like in the time that Aureus got taken from (around 1895), because if Aureus had gotten returned to his own timeline he'd have tried to track him down and contact him. I may have gotten him too pinkish in fur color and I think I drew his ears too long. But they really are enormous, look at them. And he's apparently gotten one of them shot through. No telling how. He is/was a very good-natured but also rowdy and mischievous individual.
The anatomy in the second one looks off now D: It was drawn many moons ago. I just realized he doesn't have the two-toned irises in the first picture too. He should. I think I decided it was common for their species/breed/whatever to have two tones of some kind, usually of more or less the same color like Robert's (as opposed to Aureus having green-gray and brown, though that's not exactly rare either, just less common).
also at least one of his teeth is gold and he's probably really proud of that
[I only counted the Rooks, you get three Miras for free. And one Erin, she's not even supposed to be here >:U I guess I should finish her sketchdump someday]
I tried to post this earlier today but it seems I'm doomed to spotty internet connections wherever I go, this is my lot in life. Some random stuff from various times~ A lot of it's just aimless scribbling and/or experimentation, but I numbered a few things to better facilitate ramblings.
1. Ok this one is mostly aimless experimentation too, but I got an idea for a different piece I could do using a similar composition/general look while viewing it later on, so I added the stars last minute as a reminder for that because the new picture would incorporate stars. The constellation is Cassiopeia but that's not actually relevant to anything.
2. Another attempt at drawing Rook young--maybe in his 20s here? I tried out some scribble stuff on this one for the shading. There's another sketch from longer ago near the bottom where he's supposed to be a kid, and apparently I decided to try making his fur tones redder for that time period. I don't know if I'll stick to that or not (not that I'll probably be drawing it much anyway). I'm not sure about keeping the lightest fringe markings on the fur ruff/sides of his face there for then.
3. One day I saw a lot of cats, and I went home and decided it would be fun to draw Rook as a cat. I didn't finish it but I would like to come back to it, or at least the theme. Because drawing characters as the wrong species is fun : D
4. I tried a conceptual thing; it kind of didn't turn out like what I had in mind but I kind of still like it at the same time? I do know I like the colors. It goes with a song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HRhB…
5. This one is really old :u I wanted to do a project using photos I'd taken various places as backgrounds for characters. I don't think I'll be continuing the series, at least not with directly using photos in the work. This is Chicago. Nice atmosphere but I had all kinds of trouble with the scale (also shots taken through bus windows are not the clearest). It's nice to see I've improved at proportions since then though!
6. Aaand Mira! Looks like some scene from some point in the past~ speaking of which hey look I drew dancing! I pose reffed a photo for this, which I'll link when I find it D: The dancing is actually part of a larger picture, but I doubt I'll be finishing that any time soon. I feel like I'm figuring her features out though, her face is turning out to be fun to draw I think strong eyebrow game is a definite feature of her design. You know, as much as that can apply to a wolfpersonthing.
7. One time I tried to figure out what he would wear around the house/to sleep in because I feel like a writer/artist/character-owning-person should know these things about their characters. I still don't know, but a housecoat at least is a definite yes. But he's clearly not a morning person. xD
Figuring out what the heck Synnix is is a forever ongoing slow project. I'd say this skull structure wasn't 100% inspired by watching Jurassic Park over the weekend but I'd be lying This is super experimental, though. I think I might actually change some stuff even on this picture, because the skull looks off now that I'm uploading of course. A good portion of it could very possibly be nonsense too but the thought of trying some theropod dinosaur influence is really intriguing; I might mess around and try to incorporate it better :u the eyebrows kind of make him look like he escaped from a disney movie a little bit
Sometime in the last week I drew a quick sketch in paint when photoshop was acting up, then I realized the anatomy was awful. I still liked the pose so I drew a rough skeleton over in when PS was usable again, then I just sort of remembered skeletons are really fun. I'm maybe not the best at them but they're neat to mess with. Right now some known issues include head is too big, "feet" are too long, legs are probably too thin, I feel like the spine is probably too curved, I'm still not friends with drawing arm and hand positions. So this is pretty rough haha. It's all pretty loose and quickly done at this point. I kind of really want to do a more refined version now though. It'd be interesting to do a skeleton for the kind of wolf-thing Ava and Shadowfire and several of the others are too, because their anatomy should be a little different. And then maybe skeletons for other things. Skeletons are spooky fun.
I'll have to figure out what the formerly broken bones look like too. There's just a slightly more scribbly spot on the ribs for now (lower left side), but the spot on his leg is probably more accurate. It's weird because a piece actually got blown off whereas the other were just broken. I wouldn't be surprised if he's had a few other fractures and things in the past, but these obviously had the most lingering effects. Also I tried to figure out where the bullet is. Because he's had a bullet somewhere in his back for the past 34 years or so. Good going, Rook. So that's what that scribbly dot is.
I don't know why I drew this in pixel brush and at such an odd size. It was too late when I actually thought about what I was doing. I'm so sorry. [I'm only moderately sorry.]
This is the first drawing of five for a series of commissions from ~Bigstarsfan. He's cataloguing different artists' interpretations of were-creatures for his DnD universe.
Simple line drawings: totally my thing! I really had fun on this project because I got to work with different types of anatomy. I hardly know anything about bears, so the face is a little iffy despite using reference. The body was fun to do.