[I only counted the Rooks, you get three Miras for free. And one Erin, she's not even supposed to be here >:U I guess I should finish her sketchdump someday]
I tried to post this earlier today but it seems I'm doomed to spotty internet connections wherever I go, this is my lot in life.
Some random stuff from various times~ A lot of it's just aimless scribbling and/or experimentation, but I numbered a few things to better facilitate ramblings.
1. Ok this one is mostly aimless experimentation too, but I got an idea for a different piece I could do using a similar composition/general look while viewing it later on, so I added the stars last minute as a reminder for that because the new picture would incorporate stars. The constellation is Cassiopeia but that's not actually relevant to anything.
2. Another attempt at drawing Rook young--maybe in his 20s here? I tried out some scribble stuff on this one for the shading. There's another sketch from longer ago near the bottom where he's supposed to be a kid, and apparently I decided to try making his fur tones redder for that time period. I don't know if I'll stick to that or not (not that I'll probably be drawing it much anyway). I'm not sure about keeping the lightest fringe markings on the fur ruff/sides of his face there for then.
3. One day I saw a lot of cats, and I went home and decided it would be fun to draw Rook as a cat. I didn't finish it but I would like to come back to it, or at least the theme. Because drawing characters as the wrong species is fun : D
4. I tried a conceptual thing; it kind of didn't turn out like what I had in mind but I kind of still like it at the same time? I do know I like the colors. It goes with a song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HRhB…
5. This one is really old :u I wanted to do a project using photos I'd taken various places as backgrounds for characters. I don't think I'll be continuing the series, at least not with directly using photos in the work. This is Chicago. Nice atmosphere but I had all kinds of trouble with the scale (also shots taken through bus windows are not the clearest). It's nice to see I've improved at proportions since then though!
6. Aaand Mira! Looks like some scene from some point in the past~ speaking of which hey look I drew dancing! I pose reffed a photo for this, which I'll link when I find it D: The dancing is actually part of a larger picture, but I doubt I'll be finishing that any time soon. I feel like I'm figuring her features out though, her face is turning out to be fun to draw
I think strong eyebrow game is a definite feature of her design. You know, as much as that can apply to a wolfpersonthing.
7. One time I tried to figure out what he would wear around the house/to sleep in because I feel like a writer/artist/character-owning-person should know these things about their characters. I still don't know, but a housecoat at least is a definite yes. But he's clearly not a morning person. xD