Blender 2.7 XPS ToolsI rewrote the Xnalara/XPS importer-exported from scratch. Now it has better performance, unicode character support, binary and ascii import/export, pose import import/export and default pose support.Blender 2.7 XPS Tools1 year ago in Personal More Like This
First thing is the new XPS Toolshelf. It only appears in object mode and the available options depend on the current selected objects.
You can import from the file menu or use the toolshelf for quicker access. Also from the XPS toolshlef you can change the view mode to GLSL, Shadeless materials and reset to normal.
Importing to Blender
When importing Xnalara/XPS models bones that don't affect the mesh will be moved to the layer 2 of the armature.
Pose bones will be colored according to Bone Groups and affected meshes.To import a pose, just make selection that includes the armature and import the pose. The selection can include other objects (meshes, lamps, etc.) but the pose will be applied only to the first armature within the s
New and improved format for XNALara/XPSA new format called NGFF (New Generic File Format) could be made for XNALara/XPS. What would you think if this would be created? A format that could support many advantages like for example:New and improved format for XNALara/XPS7 months ago in Personal More Like This
- IK rigging and use of other constraints.
- No more Render Groups: This can mean that we could put the texture in any order we will like. No more specific order such as -diffuse, light/ao, normal/bump, specular. No more use of dummy textures if we don't need them (why puting a bump_null just because the RG needs a normal/bump texture?). And also, no more removing textures because the render group doesn't support that textures we would like to use (have you ever wanted to use speculars with environment textures in the same mesh?)
- Easy to implement to other 3D programs (Blender, 3DS Max, etc)
- Easy to use (new and old users of XPS will easily catch up how to work with this new format)
- Compatible with previous formats (the ones we already know)
- And many other
XPS 10.9.8 - Manolo Manolis EditionLovely image done by CodaKarasuXPS 10.9.8 - Manolo Manolis Edition2 years ago in Personal More Like This
Hey dear watchers,
New XPS version is ready to release
Okay fine it has been a while.
- There are a couple of small things so i will give you a list here now:
--> Models without a render group (but otherwise usual generic_item parameters) will load with the diffuse only
--> Shadows will change intensity according to the lightning (previously there were only three different brightness levels of shadows)
--> Bones can now be renamed with the shortcut F2 (you have to be in bone rename mode like usual)
--> Double bone names will be prefixed with 'duplicate' on import
--> Hiding bones will hide them in both, the viewer and control window now.
--> Modify -> Save UV Layout will also save the second UV layer as .svg
--> XPS will rename bones based on BoneDict.txt in the program folder on .mesh.ascii import now (previously a .mesh needed to be loaded)
--> New Tab 'Shader' has been added and includes
XPS 11 - Osiris Lara EditionXNALara/XPS 11.0 the current latest Version -- release 177XPS 11 - Osiris Lara Edition9 months ago in Personal More Like This
(XPS 11.1 http://xnaaral.deviantart.com/art/Cross-your-eyes-517095359 is ready to release since 20-02-2015)
Lovely image done by FearEffectInferno (taken from a competition on Eidos Forums)
XnaPosingStudio (XPS) is a "XNA Model Viewer" and 3D posing software based on (and compatible to) XNALara, for any 3D character. With a rather rudimentary way to make a keyframe animation. Free of charge.
There a few thousand different posable character for XNALara/XPS ... free available.
How to download and how to install: http://comments.deviantart.com/4/22299849/3636885459
Hey dear watchers,
Here's a new XPS/ XNALara version. This time it has Temple of Osiris Lara models added with their original bone weights.
They are meant to be in original state, which is why some things like face posing may not be possible (as the ingame version doesn't have facial bones).
XPS 10.9.6 - Reboot Edition ReleaseUpdated OctoberXPS 10.9.6 - Reboot Edition Release2 years ago in Personal More Like This
Lovely image done by Binso
Hey dear watchers!
Long time no new version of XPS i see. But don't worry here's a new one!
This is also a kind of needed update for evryone using the previous versions since they will expire tommorrow...
Expire? What does that mean?
- It means that your version of XPS will not start anymore. You will get a error message on startup.
But i liked my version, why upgrade?
- New features have been added and old ones are still working! I tested the version myself and saw nothing that doesn't work anymore.
Wait, you said 'New Features'?
- Yepp! Here they are:
- > No expiration date anymore. This program will work as long as you want it to!
- > Save as 'old Generic_Item' as an option is now available under 'Modify> Save Generic_Item'. Old Generic Item just means that these exported models will also work in XNALara. This works most of the times but not when
XPS 10.9.8.7.6.5 - Countdown Scale EditionLovely image done by AnnaPostal666XPS 10.9.8.7.6.5 - Countdown Scale Edition2 years ago in Personal More Like This
Hey dear watchers,
Here's a new XPS Countdown version! As a reminder: You are not forced to update! It is your own choice on how many updates you actually download and use.
- Yepp we thought it'd be kinda fun to have a few small versions before XPS 11!
- Here's a list:
- You can scale bones now. Switch to scale mode the same way you switch between rotate and move. This feature works as normal poses, therefore can be saved, reset and controlled with bone groups. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=4278549#post4278549
- new .scene (version 1.19, old scenes still work)
- Load Scene has a new option to replace models with others (The flag is ''Use different models'', when the scene was saved with this XPS version or higher you can replace models with different bones aswell)
- the "Bump specular gloss amount" can be linked to any model now with "Modify-->Flags-->Save current
XPS 10.9.5 - 4 Anniversary EditionXPS 10.9.5 - 4 Anniversary EditionXPS 10.9.5 - 4 Anniversary Edition3 years ago in Personal More Like This
XNA Model Viewer
Model outfits_xna_compleanno_trtf http://forum.tombraideradventure.it/4_compleanno_TRTF_2009/outfits_xna_compleanno_trtf.rar by :iconc0vi:
The latest XNALara/XPS version http://xnalaraitalia.deviantart.com/art/XPS-10-9-5-4-Anni-Edition-356218440
Suggestion thread with the new alpa version 10.9.6a5 http://xnalaraitalia.deviantart.com/journal/Vi-domando-un-parere-XPS-LAB-333144557
Sta.sh Writer HTML ImprovementsHey FolksSta.sh Writer HTML Improvements4 years ago in DeviantArt Announcements More Like This
As you probably know by now, Sta.sh Writer is a WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) writer allowing you to see a live preview of what your journal, blog, poem or story will look like and edit it's appearance by highlighting text and clicking buttons.
What are the Improvements?
One of the more common pieces of feedback we get from deviants about Sta.sh Writer is that it's not as useful for power users; people who want more control over their layout and want to be able to use their own HTML to give what they write that extra bit of flare.
So what has been done about it?
To make Sta.sh Writer the best it possibly can be for anyone who uses it, we have made Sta.sh Writer into a WYSIWYT (What you see is what you type) editor
This means that you can seamlessly use both the WYSIWYG editor and your own custom html at the same time, and without everything being converted back to WYSIWYG every time you edit
XPS 10.9.2 alpha4 TEST EMISSION MAPSEnjoy this COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL feature...!! (description below) real dimensions here http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5339/emfinal.jpgXPS 10.9.2 alpha4 TEST EMISSION MAPS3 years ago in Personal More Like This
Thanks to XnaAral and ZChocrane for this AWESOME feature...more info here http://xnalaraitalia.deviantart.com/
The easy way to do it is to change the render group of the mesh you wanna make glow to 30 or 31(if you want to use alpha channel)
You need only 3 textures for this group
short example for the mesh.ascii:
30_display (mesh name..can be whatever you want.. with render group 30 assigned)
1 # uv layers
3 # texture
display_d.png (diffuse map)
0 # uv layer index
display_n.png (normal map)
0 # uv layer index
display_e.png (emission map, pretty similar to the specular map texture but coloured)
0 # uv layer index
(lighter will be the emission texture, more will shine trough darkness but in a "flat" way )
after that..activate bloom effect and you'll see the m
XPS ASCII Editor v1.4.1 [Tool]XPS ASCII Editor v1.4.1XPS ASCII Editor v1.4.1 [Tool]5 months ago in Personal More Like This
This tool edits XNALara/XPS model files of ".ascii" format. It has a lame name, but I think it will do.
I originally created it to help me edit the model files, because I need to edit every model I port.. extensively... I thought I should share this tool in case someone needs it.
If you find any bug/error, please notify me.
- For Windows 8 users: nothing is needed. It should work right away.
- For Windows 7 and Vista: you need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
How to use:
- First, open the ascii file you want to edit. The tool needs some time to load the model, it could take up to a minute depending on the file size, number of UV layers, etc.. but in average, it should take about 30 seconds (at least for most models I tested).
- When the model loads, there are a lot of things you can do. I split the user
XPS 10.9.7 - Ultimate UV EditionLovely image done by BinsoXPS 10.9.7 - Ultimate UV Edition2 years ago in Personal More Like This
Hey dear watchers,
Here's a new XPS Version with a really helpful new feature
Again? I just recently upgraded to XPS 10.9.6!
- Yes that's true but XPS 10.9.6 was a needed update because older versions expired! This version has a nice new feature + the features of version 10.9.6 are of course all still included. If you don't want to update that's okay too! Your current version won't stop working.
Okay, so what is this new feature?
- The new feature is the support of 2 UV layers instead of 1.
- UV mapping is bascially what tells a a model how to display a texture. A full explanation of that is here for the ones that are interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_mapping
Just like you can do layers in Photoshop, Gimp etc you can also do layers of different UV layouts. Meaning that you can make a new, maybe easier to bake a AO maps - layout without corrupting your mo
XPS 10.9.8.7 - Countdown Cel EditionLovely image done by PrakorimasXPS 10.9.8.7 - Countdown Cel Edition2 years ago in Personal More Like This
Hey dear watchers again,
Here's a new XPS version!
- Yepp we thought it'd be kinda fun to have a few small versions before XPS 11!
You are weird. Who wants to DL small versions anyway?
- Oh uhm I don't think we are. And like always you are not forced to update ;D Expect a few more XPS releases from now on Small things but we went for the countdown.
Okay fine...but what's new in this?
- A long requested feature. The Cel shader! It will probably be updated in the future but here you have a basic one for now Shader> Cel Map.
(also the middle one here shows a different toon (cel) shade texture on a more detailed model: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/310/7/1/test_by_xxfreakyunderworldxx-d6t9i1j.jpg, map is not included though)
This feature works with every model and can be adjusted with the lightning parameters. Also it can be modded! In data>common there is a texture called toon.bmp! You
XPS 10.9.4 - Wardrobe EditionXPS 10.9.4 -- Wardrobe Edition Release (Final version)XPS 10.9.4 - Wardrobe Edition3 years ago in Personal More Like This
XNA Model Viewer
Model made available for XNALara by :iconBubbleCloud: -- Original model made by Crefun--5329 http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_search.aspx?id_category_0=1&id_author=517918&ipst=0&sort=rank
:: WHAT'S NEW ::
Wardrobe feature. XPS supports now conforming clothes. The clothing model, named Outfit.mesh, requires only the necessary bones and snap to the matching bones from the character model, named Character.mesh. Load first the character. After this load the clothes. The clothes move and pose now following the Character. Poseable sticklove demo model (73.97KB ) : http://www.sendspace.com/file/x2umgh
ChangeBoneNames feature. XPS can now rename bone names on the fly by loading a model which contains the original game bone names. Put a file called BoneDict.txt inside the same folder like XNALara XPS.exe. The content of this dictionary are the "original bone name" a 'semicolon' and the
XNALara/XPS and Windows 10Hello Evryone!XNALara/XPS and Windows 104 months ago in Personal More Like This
Just a quick Journal to tell you (the ones that didn't try yet) that XPS still works with Windows 10, so you can upgrade without worries. (Since my Installation is a fresh one and not actually upgraded from a previous used System you may not need to do this at all.)
However in order to get it to work you still need to download the XNA 3.0 Framework. Also you will need .NET 3.5 which is like in Windows 8 not automatically enabled. There are three ways to get it it, 1 is the utterly easiest way of all:
1. Run XPS and a popup will appear, telling you this application needs .NET 3.5. It asks if it should download the missing components so let it do that.
2. Enable it following these instructions: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-instal-net-framework-35-on-windows-10/450b3ba6-4d19-45ae-840e-78519f36d7a4
3. Download it from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21 and install.
The XNA Framework can be
XPS Model CollectionThe ultimate DOA collection is finally back! Simply download the models, put them into the XPS data folder and get started. Copyright by Team Ninja/Tecmo Koei. Make sure to use the most recent version of XNALara. If you should encounter a problem try 7z to unpack the archives.XPS Model Collection1 year ago in Personal More Like This
Version 5.0 (includes 113 'Last Round' outfits):
Helena I, Helena II,
Hitomi, Kasumi/Phase 4,
IdkTagged by LadyTKIdk5 months ago in Personal More Like This
1. You must post these rules.
2) Answer the 8 questions the person tagged you made and make up your own 8 questions for the people you tag to answer.
3) choose ten people and put their icons on this journal.
4)Go to their pages and inform them that they have been tagged if you want.
5) You have to legitimately tag 10 people.
6) No tag-backs
7) Can't say "No Tags"
8) Everyone that has been TAGGED must make a journal entry
9)No answering questions with spam or nonsence
10) Be at least a BIT mature about things...
11) Ummm...No nuts, no butts, no coconutss???
1. What's your favourite MMD model/s?
oh... Uhm... Probably most of my own edits, but otherwise I'd say... The models I have by Swatmare
and my Alois and Ciel models by thornedream
2. What's your favourite Anime/Manga?
Photoshop tutorial- PS basics 4I'm back with my journal tutorials for Photoshop. I didn't post any new journal tutorial in a while. Anyway, my previous tutorial you can check here. I'll describe some Photoshop basics for everyone who try to learn to use Photoshop. So in this article you'll find tutorials: Tilt-Shift, Customizing brush 2, Lens Flare, Mask Tool,.Photoshop tutorial- PS basics 41 year ago in Art Features More Like This
If you wish to see images in full resolution then simply click on the images below (they are big 1920 x 1080 px). I used Photoshop CC here, so some things may be different in lower PS versions. But most of things may be the same in all PS versions. I'll make even more tutorials like this, so stay tuned. And if you like it, then you can fav this article. Thank you and enjoy. I hope it's helpful. More tutorials by me you can see in feature below.
XPS 10.9.3 - Broadway EditionXPS 10.9.3 -- Broadway Edition Release (Final version)XPS 10.9.3 - Broadway Edition3 years ago in Personal More Like This
Immagine fantastica "Dead or Alive 5 Leifang - Are you even more ready?" by :iconHentaiAhegaoLover:
:: WHAT'S NEW ::
New Lighting dialog. XPS supports now a screen resulution with 1024 x 600. Request by :iconkidzi14:
Light 4 -- "Spotlight" shifted to the XPS 10.9.4 "Spotlight Edition"
Done Request by "Hongfire Wong" Support for "texture packs".
Demo Texture pack DG_Lara_Sedu_by_XNAaraL--Red and base MOD DG_Lara_Sedu_by_XNAaraL included.
First texture pack MOD Ruidia_FC--Alt by :iconkinasuki: http://kinasuki.deviantart.com/#/d5l576l
The "texture pack" need only the altered texture images inside a folder with the same name like the "full" basis MOD by adding the string "--YourTexturePackName".
Please add inside this folder also a text file named required.txt with the name and the URL to the base MOD.
Usage: The "base MOD" and the "tex
Promise by Luka and GumiHello! I uploaded a Promise cover with Luka and Gumi here: http://youtu.be/5KFL6mH_5IoPromise by Luka and Gumi3 years ago in Personal More Like This
It was on my PC months ago with the video, so I decided to upload
Hope that you like it (I was a n00b on mixing when I did that cover XD)
I'll do a MMD version soon
Also, are you interested on a Magnet cover by Miku and Kaito that I made too?
Earth Day: The Inspiration of the Natural WorldEarth Day: The Inspiration of the Natural World4 years ago in DeviantArt Announcements More Like This
Since human beings harnessed the secret of fire the natural world has been seen by many
only in terms of how best it can be exploited of its abundant riches. It’s amazing now to
look upon the desert sands of the Arab lands and know that this place, the cradle of earliest
civilization, was once known as “The Fertile Crescent.” All Europe was once one great forest –
until all those trees were needed to create the naval armadas of dueling empires. Only the
Earth’s natural forces, like earthquakes, have been more destructive and wasteful than humanity.
“The Romantics” were a movement of poets, painters, philosophers and others who launched
the first Great Dissent against the idea of our Earth as being only a resource to be used up.
They sensed the destruction of the
Blender 2.7x XPS tools 1.32 New features.Blender 2.7x XPS tools 1.311 months ago in Personal More Like This
Bone Rename to Blender Convention and I/O for animations!!
(Quick edit: added the button to reconstruct the original XPS bone name)
Bone Rename to Blender Convention
This new button XPS to Blender renames all the bones in the active armature to the Blender bone name convention.
Blender needs the bone names to follow certain naming convention for some functionalities. In this case the words .L and .R must be at the end of the name. If this words are in any other part of the name Blender can't identify them.
So this button simple cuts the word left and right from the name, reaplaces them with the place holder word *side* and adds the appropiate side indicator at the end.
The button Blender to XPS reconstrucs the original XPS bone name. It does so removing from the end the words .L and .R and replacing the placeholder *side* with words left or right
I/O for ani
BLENDER TUTORIAL: 2.64+ camera angel tutorialhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zImOEKagh6s&feature=youtube_gdata_player enjoy.BLENDER TUTORIAL: 2.64+ camera angel tutorial3 years ago in Personal More Like This
I made it specifically for you guys who are confused by positioning the angles.
I am still in the process of setting up a different account to do more tutorials for but it's hard when you have no internet on your PC XP Dx I had it this morning then BAM it was gone. Anyways enjoy!
Photoshop tutorial- PS basics 3Photoshop tutorialsPhotoshop tutorial- PS basics 32 years ago in Art Features More Like This
I'm back with writing my journal tutorials for Photoshop. I didn't post any new journal tutorial in a while Now I also edited journal skin, so it'll be more appropriate for "Photoshop tips" Anyway, my previous tutorial you can check here. I'll describe some Photoshop basics for everyone who try to learn to use Photoshop. So in this article you'll find tutorials: Making selections, Customizing brush, Bevel & Emboss, Stroke. In this tutorial I used my painting Came From Hell, just to show you few things.
If you wish to see images in full resolution then simply click on the images below (they are big as my screen 1920 x 1080 px... OK I cropped bar below ). I used Photoshop CS6 here, so some things may be differ