Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Similar Deviations
18th century jacket with silvery rose-buttons and skirt of a thicker black wool, sash of burgundy silk taffeta.

Worn over the black stays and a white linen chemise.
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

Late 1770s style riding habit I recently finished. The main fashion fabric is pearl green worsted wool, lined with copper silk taffeta, trimmed with copper silk velvet. The waistcoat is the same silk taffeta. The buttons are a death head done with gilt silver thread (they will eventually tarnish even!). The habit shirt is light linen with detachable lace trim, cravat is linen as well. Mitts are wool/silk blend. All of the garments are completely hand-sewn in 18th century style. Patterning was done at a Burnley & Trowbridge workshop. The hat is wool felt with natural ostrich plumes and a silk bow where it cocks up on one side. There will be a very detailed inside and out on my blog soon I hope. If you would like any other shots on here, please ask!
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

18th century dress with polonaise. Itīs based on RH822 (slightly changed and without the anglais-pleating in the back).

The dress is made from a grey/black striped wool, the petticoat is made from a thin grey wool.

Itīs worn over these stays

Here is another photo of this dress.
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

The alchemist Isabella Salazar, a character I portray at the Swedish high fantasy LARP campaign "Lazarus -De sju nycklarna" (Lazarus - The seven keys).

The dress is the burgundy wool 18th century dress, with a black wool petticoat. Itīs worn over the black stays and a white linen chemise. It is also worn with a grey linen fichu and black/grey needle-binded gloves.

I made everything except the hat, the jewelry, belt and shoes.
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

My new dress worn more english as an anglaise around 1790.
For further information please check my "polonaise-picture".
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

18th century dresses with polonaise and closed front, thin wool broadcloth (the burgundy and marine blue ones) and tin wool twill (the green one). All worn over stays and linen or wool chemises.

This is three quarters of my group of alchemists for the swedish fantasy LARP Lazarus coming up in june 2012.

The black and green tricorne hats made by Tegelsten
Models (from left to right): me, Nanna, Micki.

Back wiev.
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

Hand-sewn 1770s Robe a l'Anglaise. Gown is made from madder red linen, petticoat from a white/gold striped linen. The back pleats are very narrow and face toward the center back, which is a less common construction. There is a matching petticoat to the gown as well. The front is closed with pins. The sleeves have three small tucks to shape in a curve over the elbow.
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

This is an 18th Century Jacket and Hat I threw together in a couple of weeks for Pirate Fest.

This was totally an unplanned project! We have Ren Faire and then Pirate Fest every year here, but I've never devoted any time to make historical costumes for it, mostly because I've never found proper shoes. I actually bought 1 yard of fabric with the intention of just making a new crappy ren faire bodice, but that bothered me and it morphed into a crazy 2-week project. I had bought historical replica shoes (from american-duchess.com) and had them dyed yellow to match both a Padme costume and a petticoat from my first 18th century project.

The jacket I have to say is based on historical lines but I can't vouch for it's accuracy. Since I threw this together in a couple weeks, I simply took the pattern I made for my first dress bodice and altered it, refering to general jacket lines in my source materials. I have a corset, but it is fully boned in metal and I can't drive in that, so I added some boning to this bodice to replicate the look. Behind the stomacher are laces for strength, and the stomacher closes by hook-and-eyes, the buttons beind only decorative. The fabric is from JoAnn's home dec section, and is lined in black linen. The flounces I decided to add at 1 in the morning the night before the event, I simply took cotton lawn and did a scallop stitch on my machine.

The hat is one I bought last year at faire, I box-pleated yellow ribbon to go with the petticoat hem, and put a black velvet ribbon around it to tie in with the bodice color. The flowers are from Michael's craft store and I have no clue what type of flowers they are suppose to be other than the black rose.
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

Mid 15th-century brown linen kirtle with waistseam. Based off of the various images compiled by Marie Chantal Cadieux, here:[link] Full circle skirt, lightly gathered into the bodice. Self-drafted pattern. All visible stitches are handsewn, interior seams are done by machine.

The sleeves are black cotton velveteen pin-on sleeves, lined in linen.

Basic London-style hood ([link] ... dhd1a.html) done in some fuzzy velvet brocade, lined in silk. Hand-cast buttons (not by me!). Again, visible stitches done by hand, everything else machined.

Issues: the bodice is a little long, which contributes to the wrinkles in the back. The skirt is obviously WAY too long, needs to be hemmed. Overall, though, it's a very comfortable, serviceable and versatile dress.
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

Late 18th century, around 1780/85

Slightly altered combination worn with a very fine apron, bow, pearlnecklace and ostrich feathers.

skirt - striped silk decorated with darkblue fine wool
jacket - fine darkblue woolen fabric
stomacher - silk taffeta
apron - finest silk

Everything sewn by me, partly handsewn.

Picture by :iconrasgrashbo:
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.