I still need buckles for it and ONE LABEL on the side. but otherwise I'm done! this is my steampunk sketchbook of win. It took a total of around 50 god damn hours of work. It's hand stitched and bound in black fake leather, with hand painted gear graphics and copper plate/painted tack (lol) detailing.
The front has two wire mesh and muslin fabric pockets: one for an ID and the other for notes. There are two leather straps with five eyelets each that will hopefully soon get buckles to close with.
The inside has a binder strip to replace paper and may or may not feature another pocket at one point or another. The front inside panel contains a mini button-strapped sketch pad for small notes and cards, copper plated pencil and conte crayon holders with leather flaps to keep everything in place, a clock and a working bendy light.
And here we are- the final version of the Project Stark work I've been doing over the last few months- for fans of the original deviation ( [link] ), you can see the changes, like the addition of the power conduit, chest reactor, and goggles.
This was a commissioned work for a gentleman's daughter. He requested something using clockwork, but he wanted to know if I could feature 'internal movement', like smaller things that move within a framework of some sort.
Finally finished my Steam-Hammer and managed to take some pictures of it.
The hammer's head consists of industrial manufactured piping-parts (as you may assume by my 3D-concept I will exchange the valve-handle as this one is made out of green plastic - I want a metal one).
The tube is made out of plexi-glass as I thought actual glass would be too fragile for a hammer. Filled it again with candle-gel (I managed to enhance the colour by adding resin-pigments). The hilt is leather-wrapped.
If you want to know anything else, just ask (although it may take me a while to answer).
This is a robot. It's made of pieces of origami animals (It's cruel, I know), a partial pinwheels and other things. One thing I couldn't show you about this is that part of it transforms (the pinwheel part) which is on the shoulders. It's kind of like.. when it's going to fly.. or something.. haha it's hard to explain.. (actual paper robot does not fly). I didn't really have time to set up a nice cool looking environment for it to stand in.. also, the robot is broken and unfinished. Part of the left side of the head is missing, the whole right arm is missing, and it's wobbley. I'm actually surprised that it stood for so long while I took pictures. Oh yea, and the lining of details is also incomplete. Hmm... don't know what to say.. lots of ideas for a new one are flowing into my head right now.. but it's too bad that I don't have time to make another one
This design was inspired by a gear(giant robot), named El Fenrir, from the game Xenogears.
Ok, so this is the mighty axe cannon at 90% completion. I've taken a few shots to show the detail. The only thing I didn't make here is the scope (and the guitar, kinda). I added all new electronics with the exception of the original pickups. The barrel is made of turned steel and the stock is iron plumbing tubing. The paint is all acrylic with a ew layers of matte setting finish on top and the scope is from the Nerf long shot it's just been painted and drilled into a bunch. I inserted gears and cogs and dremmeled more detail into it.