Religion destroys your humanityYeah I've been meaning to talk about this since it's been bothering me. It's amazing how so many people lose their mind when it comes to religion. Okay so if you remembered I had mentioned it on these http://supyloco.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4k06yb http://supyloco.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4k07aa http://supyloco.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4k07jm . Now that part is interesting for various reasons though it's not the most talked about nor is it the worst in the sense that it's not as defended or talked about. You know my opinion on rape and I find it disgusting that the bible is just so lenient when it comes to the rapist and instead is punishing the victim. But no this is not the point of this journal. The point of this journal is not point out the many flaws of scripture but to address the people who make excuses for it. That's the name of the journal. So one of the most interesting story of the bible is that of Abraham. I had a poll on him here http://supyloco.deviantart.com/journal/p
Leading Economic Sectors in the year 1997Leading Economic Sectors in the year 1997:Leading Economic Sectors in the year 19973 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
Finance,insurance,and real estate: 19.4%
Electricity,gas, and sanitation: 2.6%
Various people associated with the Tea PartyVarious people associated with the Tea Party :Various people associated with the Tea Party3 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
Joe the Plumber
Jenny Beth Martin
Drew Springer, Jr.
Richard J. Stephenson
Tito the Builder
Corie C. Whalen
American war deaths in 11 MAJOR U.S. WarsAmerican war deaths in 11 MAJOR U.S. Wars:American war deaths in 11 MAJOR U.S. Wars3 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
American Revolution(1775-1783): 25,000 Americans dead(8,000 in battle,17,000 by other causes)
War of 1812: 2,260 Americans killed in action(15,000 died from all causes)
Mexican War(1846-1848): 13,283 Americans dead
Civil war(1861-1865): 625,000 Americans dead(Union & Confederacy)
412,200 Americans wounded(Union & Confederacy)
Spanish-American War(1898): 2,910 Americans dead/1,577 wounded
World War 1: 116,516 American deaths/204,002 Americans wounded
World War 2: 405,399 Americans dead/670,846 Americans wounded
Korean War(1950-1953): 36,516 Americans dead/92,134 Americans wounded
Vietnam war(1955-1975): 58,209 Americans dead/153,303 Americans wounded
Afghanistan War(2001-present): 2,229 Americans dead/18,675 Americans wounded
Iraq war(2001-2011): 4,488 Americans dead/32,222 Americans wounded
Total of al
People associated with the Lewinsky scandalPeople associated with the Lewinsky scandal:People associated with the Lewinsky scandal3 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
David E. Kendall
Robert Ray (prosecutor)
Susan Webber Wright
Quotes about guns part 1Quotes about guns part 1:Quotes about guns part 12 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.- Hunter S. Thompson
There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.- Ted Nugent
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.- William S. Burroughs
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.- Joseph Stalin
It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment
Pro Gun YoutubersPro Gun Youtubers:Pro Gun Youtubers2 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
Arguments supporting same-sex marriageArguments supporting same-sex marriage:Arguments supporting same-sex marriage2 weeks ago in Literature Templates More Like This
1. Same-sex couples should be allowed to publicly celebrate their commitment in the same way as heterosexual couples.
2. Same-sex couples should have access to the same benefits enjoyed by heterosexual married couples.
3. The concept of "traditional marriage" being defined as one man and one woman is historically inaccurate.
4. Marriage is redefined as society's attitudes evolve, and the majority of Americans now support gay marriage.
5. Gay marriage is protected by the Constitution's commitments to liberty and equality.
6. Denying same-sex couples the right to marry stigmatizes gay and lesbian families as inferior and sends the message that it is acceptable to discriminate against them.
7. Gay marriages can bring financial gain to state and local governments.
8. Gay marriage would make it easier for same-sex couples to adopt, providing stable homes for children who would otherwise be left in foster care.
9. Marriage provides both physical and ps
Some Anti gun YoutubersSome Anti-Gun Youtubers...Some Anti gun Youtubers3 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
TYT(The young Turks)
People associated with the Watergate scandalPeople associated with the Watergate scandal:People associated with the Watergate scandal3 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
White House Plumbers
Scott Armstrong (journalist)
Alfred C. Baldwin III
Bob Bennett (politician)
Benjamin C. Bradlee
Warren E. Burger
William Matthew Byrne, Jr.
Ken W. Clawson
Kenneth H. Dahlberg
Political positions of Rand PaulPolitical positions of Rand Paul:Political positions of Rand Paul4 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
Rand Paul, the son of long-term United States Representative Ron Paul, is a member of the Republican Party and a U.S. Senator representing the state of Kentucky. He received score of 100% from the American Conservative Union in 2012, Rand Paul, the son of long-term United States Representative Ron Paul, is a member of the Republican Party and a U.S. Senator representing the state of Kentucky. He received score of 100% from the American Conservative Union in 2012, and his voting record was rated 26% liberal in 2011 by National Journal.
There has been some disagreement over whether or not Rand Paul is a libertarian.He has stated that he is "not quite" a libertarian, including in an op-ed article published by USA Today in 2010.He considers himself to be a Tea Party follower, who wants smaller government.Paul has said that he identifies as both a "constitutional conservative" and a "libertarian conservative."
Economic & fiscal policy: Paul supports cutting
10 Gun Control Myths10 Gun Control Myths:10 Gun Control Myths5 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
by Kyle Wintersteen | May 1, 2013
Those who favor a society without gun rights seem to be prone to spreading false information. At best, anti-gun leaders unknowingly spread baseless accusations; at worst, they willingly to lie to achieve their objectives. Regardless, it is my observation that a host of gun control myths began circulating during the 1960s and continue today.
For instance, how many times have you heard President Barack Obama pushing the Manchin-Toomey gun control bill because, according to the him, 90 percent of Americans support so-called universal background checks? Well, a Pew Research poll was conducted after the Senate defeated the bill. Turns out only 47 percent of Americans are disappointed the bill failed, while 32 percent describe themselves as “very happy” or “relieved.” So, Mr. President, you can quit arguing that the country is behind you
Demographics of the tea partyDemographics of the tea party:Demographics of the tea party2 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
40% of Tea Party supporters are 55 or older
79% are white
61% are men
44% identify as "born-again Christians"
Tea Party supporters are more likely to be white, male, married, older than 45, regularly attending religious services, and conservative.
They believe that the federal government has become too large and powerful.
7% of Tea Party supporters approve of how Obama is doing his job(In April 2010)
77% of supporters had voted for Obama's Republican opponent, John McCain in 2008.
88% approve of the controversial Arizona immigration law enacted in 2010.
82% do not believe that gay and lesbian couples should have the legal right to marry.
53% of Republicans said they see the Tea Party as a political plus in 2012.
10 Important figures in the Tea Party:
The Current U.S. Senators and their ReligionThe Current U.S. Senators and their Religions:The Current U.S. Senators and their Religion2 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
Richard Shelby of Alabama- Presbyterian
Jeff Sessions of Alabama- Methodist
Lisa Murkowski of Alaska- Roman Catholic
Mark Begich of Alaska- Roman Catholic
John McCain of Arizona- Baptist congregant(brought up Episcopalian)
Jeff Flake of Arizona- Mormon
Mark Pryor of Arkansas- Southern Baptist
John Boozman of Arkansas- Southern Baptist
Dianne Feinstein of California- Judaism
Barbara Boxer of California- Judaism
Mark Udall of Colorado- Presbyterian
Michael Bennet of Colorado- Unaffiliated
Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut- Judaism
Chris Murphy of Connecticut- Protestant
Tom Carper of Delaware- Presbyterian
Chris Coons of Delaware- Presbyterian
Bill Nelson of Florida- Episcopalian
Marco Rubio of Florida- Roman Catholic
Saxby Chambliss of Georgia- Anglican
Johny Isakson of Georgia- Methodist
Brian Schatz of Hawaii- Judaism
Mazie Hirono of Hawaii- Buddhism
Mike Crapo of Idaho- Mormon
Jim Risch of Idaho- Roman Catholic
Dick Durbin of Illinois- R
Arguments for lowering the drinking age in the U.SArguments for lowering the drinking age in the U.S :Arguments for lowering the drinking age in the U.S2 weeks ago in Literature Templates More Like This
1. 18 is the age of adulthood in the United States, and adults should have the right to make their own decisions about alcohol consumption. Turning 18 entails receiving the rights and responsibilities of adulthood to vote, smoke cigarettes, serve on juries, get married, sign contracts, be prosecuted as adults, and join the military - which includes risking one's life.
2. Allowing 18- to 20-year-olds to drink alcohol in regulated environments with supervision would decrease unsafe drinking activity. Prohibiting this age group from drinking in bars, restaurants, and other licensed locations causes them to drink in unsupervised places such as fraternity houses or house parties where they may be more prone to binge drinking and other unsafe behavior.
3. Traffic accidents and fatalities are most common among newly-legal drinkers, regardless of the MLDA.
4. There are fewer drunk driving traffic accidents and fatalities in many countries wi
Arguments that video games don't cause violenceArguments that video games don't cause violence:Arguments that video games don't cause violence2 weeks ago in Literature Templates More Like This
1. Violent juvenile crime in the United States has been declining as violent video game popularity has increased. The arrest rate for juvenile murders has fallen 71.9% between 1995 and 2008. The arrest rate for all juvenile violent crimes has declined 49.3%. In this same period, video game sales have more than quadrupled.
2. A causal link between violent video games and violent behavior has not been proven. Many studies suffer from design flaws and use unreliable measures of violence and aggression such as noise blast tests. Thoughts about aggression have been confused with aggressive behavior, and there is a lack of studies that follow children over long periods of time.
3. A 2004 US Secret Service review of previous school-based attacks found that one-eighth of attackers exhibited an interest in violent video games, less than the rate of interest attackers showed in violent movies, books, and violence in their own writings. The report
Quotes about guns part 2Quotes about guns part 2:Quotes about guns part 22 months ago in Literature Templates More Like This
That guns do more than protect us from criminals; more importantly, they protect us from the ongoing threat of government.- Lyn Nofziger
In Houston everyone owns guns and uses 'em - sometimes just for the hell of it.-
Leaders in Africa are so corrupt that we are certain if we put dogs in uniforms and put guns on their shoulders, we'd be hard put to distinguish them.- Stokely Carmichael
I support gun control. But speaking honestly about the combustible mix of race and guns may be more important to stopping the slaughter in minority communities than any new gun-control laws.- Juan Williams
I rely on guns for protection in life. God does not say, 'This is la-la land.' God doesn't say, 'Welcome to Earth. Everything's perfect. There's no crime. There's no murder. There's no death.' The world is imperfect, and you have to be on guard.-
I've been into guns ever since I was a little kid, and the ones that fascinate me most are the black powde