Situational Dialogue ExerciseThe intent of this exercise is for the character to react to each situation in a manner unique to who they are, or at least to who you have created them to be. Some of these situations are similar, I will admit, but they should prove different enough to help understand the thoughts and actions of characters in their dialogue from their perspective.
Some things to avoid:
Yelling "You B#####d!" any time a disadvantageous situation appears.
The plain-face "Well s##t" remark gets old very, very quickly, and says almost nothing about the character.
Use of "Tch" or "Heh" to represent a tough guy should be sparing, at best. Watch Eastwood. The man hardly says anything at all.
Monologues are almost always unnatural. When was the last time you received a full lecture about how life works and how views are emotionally charged from someone who can't possibly have more of a hold on it all than you? Never. And yet, it happens in OC d
ShapeShifter OC Interview MemeShapeShifter OC Interview Meme4 years ago in Memes More Like This
Shape-shifter Character Interview Meme
Choose an OC that is a Shape-shifter. It can be a werewolf or anything that changes forms.
Fill this out as your character.
Post it in your journal OR as a deviation on dA.
Link back here and post here with a link to the filled out Meme.
Hello! It's extremely nice to meet you. What is your name and gender?
That's a great name! Now, what is your species or race?
Ah, I see. Very interesting Now, if you would please describe yourself to our readers
Oh, you sound very nice looking! Why don't you tell me a little about yourself?
Ah, good good So how do your powers work? Can you shift at will?
Good to know. How many forms do you have?
Interesting. So then how does it feel when you transform? Do you enjoy the transformation at all?
Character Questionnaire 100 Qs1. What are your names?Character Questionnaire 100 Qs3 years ago in Profiles More Like This
2. Do you know why you were named that?
3. What are you?
4. What's your gender?
5. How old are you?
6. What do you think your life expectancy is?
7. What's your height?
8. What's your eye color?
9. How about hair color?
10. Do you think you're attractive?
11. Do you have any features that you want to get rid of, if you could?
12. How would you introduce yourself? If you are famous in your world, how would you introduce yourself to someone who had never heard of you?
13. Have any abilities or powers?
14. Stop being a Mary-sue!
15. What do you usually wear?
16. Do you ever walk around naked?
17. Ever cross-dressed before?
18. What do you wear to bed?
19. What's in your pockets right now?
20. To what social class do you belong?
21. What is your job?
22. What is your lifelong dream?
23. What is your worst nightmare?
24. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
25. What's one thing you like an
A meme for the bored-BLANKaka "A meme that's not about Godzilla."A meme for the bored-BLANK3 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
-Pick nine characters; they can be your own, your friend's, offical, yourself, etc.
-Don't look at the questions first. And go in order.
-Don't kill off characters unless the question tells you to.
-Don't change the questions around unless my grammar or spelling sucks.
-Link back to the original/blank, please.
1) Well, then! Welcome to this meme! Go ahead, introduce yourselves!
2) Nice to meet you! Now we're going to play a little game called "spin the bottle". , you start! And it lands on !
3) Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! Slow down! I never said what happened afterwards, did I? , now you go and punch  in the stomach! Your reactions?
4) Anyways,  seems pretty upset about this game! Do they stay or leave?
5) If they stay, answer only 5a. If they leave, answer only 5b. (Before moving on to 6.)
5A)  stays, although is rather pissed now. They spin next, and it lands on . For so
Character Exercises: ScenariosThe idea here is to take the scenario and write a scene, ministory, interview etc. It may take a little while to find a good path to take with some of these, but once you find it, I think you'll see that writing simple scenes like the ones below really helps you see new sides of your character. It also allows a certain honesty that you might not see with certain characters in action, since these exercises put you, the writer, in the scenes.Character Exercises: Scenarios3 years ago in Profiles More Like This
1. What would your character do if they were to walk into your bedroom right now? Do you have a messy room, and a neat-freak character? Would they insist you clean your room, or complain about how your room is too clean?
2. Choose the most unlikely character and have them give you relationship advice about your current situation.
3. Have your character recommend a book, movie, play or video game based on their personality (in other words if your character is the type to play video games rather than see a play, have them suggest a v
Neglected OC Meme_WritingNeglected OC Meme_Writing5 years ago in General Non-Fiction More Like This
Neglected OC Meme
First of all, choose one of your characters that you've been neglecting. (aka: haven't drawn, written, or otherwise played with in a while) Awww, the poor thing!
1. Now give us a small intro to the character. If you haven't written for them in a long time give us the intro scene from the original fiction. (spelling and grammer mistakes included. Nothing altered!) If you can't find it, write as much as you remember or re-write it.
2. Cool. Well is there anything about it or the character you'd change now?
3. Yes, yes. I see. Now let's get to know them a little more. Do they have any hobbies? Fetishes? Strange quirks? Write us a short scene.
4. We all need a way to support ourselves, so what about a job? Or if they aren't old enough to work, what are their future plans to support themselves?
5. How about getting a little more personal. Write about the strangest or most uncomfortable situation they've ever found themselves in.
6. Yes, well I can
The Awkward Character Meme [ Blank ]Choose three characters to participate.The Awkward Character Meme [ Blank ]3 years ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
Hint: the unlucky number is 2, and the romantic ones are 1 and 3.
Tell me a little about yourselves.
Now that that's out of the way, write what would happen under each of the following circumstances, replacing numbers with the characters they represent:
2 tells 3 about their greatest fear.
The characters have to share a room. The room has only one bed, and the bed is only big enough for two people to sleep in.
The characters decide to have a karaoke night, however, the karaoke machine is incredibly hard to set up and the instructions are in Korean. 1 and 3 are forced to set it up.
2 and 3, describe 1 in ten words or less.
2 is being chased by a serial killer; they go to 1's house to hide out.
1 wakes up in bed next to 3 with no memory of the previous night.
3 and 1 just finished kissing. What happens now?
2 gets attacked by a vampire!
3 shows up at 2's house crying, and reveals to 2 that they are pregnant.
The lights blow o
OC Role play Meme1. Introduce your characters and give some basic information on each, so others can get to know them as well. If you don't have 5, make one up.OC Role play Meme4 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
2. Character 1 and 4 are transported to a different time in the Past or the Future. How did they get there and what do they do when they realize it?
3. Character 3 bumps into Character 1 or Character 5, in the different time you choose in question 2 and asks them for help. Why did they need help?
4. Character 2 feeling left out, has tagged along with Character 1 or Character 5. Are they welcome on the adventure by Character 3? Explain why or why not.
5. Character 4 gets bored and decides they want to cause trouble. Choose the character they pick on and tell us what they do.
6. The Character you did not pick in question 2 manages to rescue everyone from the different time. Do all your characters like this? If not, which ones objected and why?
Blank OC Interview Meme A-ZUse one or more of your OCs, maybe even add yourself if you please to take this interview test.Blank OC Interview Meme A-Z7 months ago in Literature Features More Like This
(More of less people can be added or changed)
And here goes the questions:
-A. How old are you?
-B. Do you want a hug?
-C. Have any bad habits?
-D. You a virgin?
-E. Have any kids?
-F. Favorite food or drink?
-G. Killed anyone?
-H. What is your idea of a date?
-I. Any artistic talents?
-J. Love anyone?
-K. What is your job
-L Favorite season & least favorite season
-M. Who's your best friend?
-O. What are you going to do when this tag is over?
-P. What is your eye color?
-Q. Are you good? Or bad?
-R. If you could get anything right now what would it be?
-T. Does your name have a special meaning?
-V. Any siblings?
-W. Where do you live?
-X. Do you find yourself attractive?
-Y. Was this fun?
-Z. Any last words?
Blank deviantART memeBlank deviantART meme8 months ago in Deviant Events More Like This
1. How did you join deviantART?
2. What does your username have to do with you?
3. What is your current avatar of?
4. How many Watchers do you have, and how many do you watch?
5. Do you have more than one account?
6. Name three of your favorite artists on deviantART.
7. What deviant(s) do you admire because of their personality?
8. How many deviants do you actually know in real life? Post their avatars.
9. Do you comment, Favourite, or both?
10. What do you typically post on deviantART?
11. Do you participate in clubs or contests here on deviantART?
12. What is your most popular deviation -- as in most viewed or most favorited?
13. What's your favorite submission in your Gallery?
14. What are things you wish you could draw better?
15. Do you have a Premium Membership?
16. How many hours a day do you spend on deviantART?
Magical World Situation MemeLevel 0Magical World Situation Meme1 year ago in Deviant Events More Like This
-Who are you?
-Write ten(10) characters name. Notice the character under number 1 will be the one you start you adventure whit.
1) Its a beautifully day. The birds are chipping and you just went to the market to buy some food in the small town you lived, well it was more of a village but you loved it. You were passing beside the local pub, when 1 runs out of the pub, looking pale and shaking. 1 grabs you hand and drags you into the bar. What do you think happened?
2) A cloaked man in the dark corner of the bar called 1 and you over. What does he tells you?
3) Well it doesnt matter anyway as he give you two cursed weapons that shape shifts once they touch both of yours hands. For 1 its a bow and for you its a sword. The cloaked man poofs away laughing evilly. "You are stuck whit this weapons till you save the two kingdoms!". What are your reactions?
4) 7 Noticed
Desert Island OC meme BLANKRULES:Desert Island OC meme BLANK2 years ago in Settings More Like This
1.- To explain: Your OC’s are on a ‘special’ type of island, If they have powers (fly, transform, ect) they only can use (If they have) claws and their creature forms.
2.- Choose 4 OC’s
3.- DON’T look at the questions If you didn’t choose yet.
4.- Don’t change the questions. You can only change numbers for names and the gender.
5.- You can tag If you want. If you tag, tag 3.
6.- HAVE FUN! ^^
Choose your victims, I mean, your Oc’s:
1.- Hello dear travellers! First of all, How did you all end here? Let 1 explain it.
2.- Ok.. What’re the items that you all bring? Remember: This island isn’t on any map..
3.- Which is your roll on the island (make fire, build, collect,ect.)?
4.- 2 and 3 are going on an adventure time but 2 lost the map back to where their come
Who Are You Meme? ~ Blank FormGirlish:Who Are You Meme? ~ Blank Form3 years ago in Personal More Like This
[ ] I love at least one shade of pink.
[ ] I don't like being messy.
[ ] My belongings are organized.
[ ] I don't like rock music.
[ ] I like wearing accessories all the time.
[ ] Bright colors amaze me.
[ ] I hate black.
[ ] I go to the salon once a week
[ ] I comb my hair almost all the time.
[ ] I bring my phone with me everywhere.
[ ] I wear baggy pants.
[ ] I play video games.
[ ] I listen to boy bands.
[ ] I like wearing jackets with hoods.
[ ] I'm too lazy to do chores.
[ ] I don't like shopping.
[ ] I like to go bungee jumping.
[ ] I like being sweaty.
[ ] I'm a big fan of marvel heroes.
[ ] I barely wear perfume.
[ ] I always carry a pen in my purse or pocket.
[ ] I enjoy studying.
[ ] I wear glasses.
[ ] I'm a straight "A" student.
[ ] I've never skipped any class in my whole life.
[ ] I like my shirt tucked in
[ ] My favorite subject is science.
[ ] I enjoy reading books.
[ ] My assignments are always passed on time.
[ ] I correct peop
Blank about me meme Name:Blank about me meme2 years ago in Personal More Like This
- Single or taken:
- Hair color:
- Eye color:
- Are you straight/bisexual/gay?:
S P E C I F I C S
- What kind of shampoo do you use?:
- What are you listening to right now?:
- Who is the last person that called you?:
- How many buddies are online right now?:
F A V O U R I T E S
- Subjects in school:
H A V E | Y O U | E V E R
Writers or Artists memeBigBro18's Writer's / Artist's memeWriters or Artists meme3 years ago in Memes More Like This
I lack the artistic talent to actually make a graphically pleasing format for a meme.
The basis for this meme is to write/draw a character in the below situations. OC's may be used, or you can make character on the spot. Think of it as a quick creativity excercise. If your OC or charecter has a uniqe ability or power, include it by all means! Special talents make for unique opportunities.
Situation 1. The subject is suffering a complete breakdown. Does He/She contemplate Suicide? Go through with it? If that is too extreme or makes you uncomfortable, how does he/she deal with the issue, are there friends nearby to comfort the subject?
Situation 2. The subject is trying to tell a loved one how they truly feel. If the charecter is Aesexual or an Automaton, they make a discovery about their nature.
Situation 3. If the subject is a normal human, they have just been greivously wounded. If supernaturally gifted, they lose control, anhiliating everything nea
Warrior Cats Meme - BlankMeme time! It's time to find out what ranks your friends will be in, this time in your very own clan!Warrior Cats Meme - Blank5 months ago in Personal More Like This
First, name your clan:
- - -
Is your clan good, or evil?:
[ ] Good
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Evil
- - -
Now, use (click this link) to randomize your friends, and find out what rank they will fall under. The numbers the website gives you will go in order.
Amount of friends needed (not including you): 14
- - -
Leader (you): @
1. Deputy: @
2. Medicine cat: @
3. Your apprentice: @
4. Medicine cat apprentice: @
5. Best Warrior: @
6. Snottiest apprentice: @
7. Oldest elder: @
8. Most annoying cat: @
9. Most helpful cat: @
10. The wanna-be deputy/leader: @
11. Your mate (no cheating!): @
12. Your rival: @
13. The rogue: @
14. The Leader of StarClan: @
OC Coke or Pesi? InterviewIf your character doesn't know what I'm asking about, please explain to them.OC Coke or Pesi? Interview4 years ago in Sketches More Like This
(And if you want to show your discussion, that would be funny!)
1. Full name.
4. Have you ever ruined anyone's life?
5. Chicken or beef?
6. Chicken or fish?
7. Fruit or vegetables?
8. Carrots or celery?
9. Apples or oranges?
10. Water or juice?
11. Popcorn or candy?
12. Cookies or cake?
13. Toast or bagel?
14. Spaghetti or ravioli?
15. Peanut butter or jelly?
16. Laptop or desktop?
17. Sneakers or sandals?
18. T-shirt or button up?
19. Black or white?
20. Red or blue?
21. Is this quiz over yet?
22. Straight or gay?
23. Big city or small town?
24. Mansion or penthouse apartment?
25. Religious or not?
26. Do you think this quiz is over now?
27. Why do you think I made this quiz so insane?
28. Do you think I'm insane?
29. If there were any TV show that you would be allowed to live in the world of, which would it be? (You can ask your creator about it, if you need to.)
30. What do you ha
Blank 400 Question MemeAre you ready for this? There are 400 questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Blank 400 Question Meme7 months ago in Literature Features More Like This
4. That makes you:
5. Where were you born:
6. Location right now:
7. Shoe size:
8. How many piercings?:
10. When you wake up you're:
11. When your about to sleep you're:
12. Zodiac sign:
13. Chinese sign:
14. Righty or Lefty:
15. Innie or Outie:
Section Two: Looks
Section Three: Private Life
24. Do you have a boy/girlfriend?
25. If so, who? No one
26. If not, do you have a crush on someone?
27. Who has a crush on you?
28. Ever cheated on your bf/gf?
29. Who was your first kiss:
30. Who was your last kiss:
31. Are you a virgin?
32. Ever had a threesome before?
Build a Town or City MemeHistoryBuild a Town or City Meme4 years ago in Settings More Like This
1. Who founded the town and when?
2. What was the location like before it was founded as a town?
3. What were some of the indigenous people in the area like before the town started to boom (if it did)?
4. Where is it exactly?
5. What county is the town/city located in?
6. What were the demographics when it was first founded? Was it mostly French? German? Asian? African?
7. Why was it founded? Were the people escaping persecution? Free land? Looking for something else?
8. What was the main industry in this town when it was founded? Was there a lot of fur trading in the area? Logging? Car manufacturing?
9. Depending on how old this town was then, how did the Revolutionary War affect it? The Civil War? World War One? World War Two? Vietnam?
10. Have any major disasters occurred? Fire? Plague? Flood? Tornado?
11. Have there been any hate groups in the area? Ku Klux Klan? Neo-Nazis? Has there been a history of
sundown laws or has this town been pretty tolerant?
12. Have any famous p