Here is the finished commission for Spartan-06 on Inkbunny. A Nerf Raider with attached Recon laser and Specter folding stock. The air restriction was drilled out and sanding. Paint job includes hammered metal base coats then dry brushing a mix of metallic silver and sterling silver for wear and tear the barrel also got a few touches of Gunmetal. I am happy for this work so now Spartan-06 as he told me he can hunt Greenskins or go purge heretics in the name of the God Emperor of Mankind.
A ring has been added to the headphones jack. It doesn't interfere with any headphones plugged in. These bolt/screw things are glued to the Gameboy, so I didn't have to drill holes in it. I didn't have the exact same ones, so I clipped the heads off some screws and glued them to a ring. Ok ok I am not telling the whole truth. My friend could clip them really fast, so he clipped most while I took 15 minutes for just one wtf. Why am I so weak. The original red led light has been replaced by a lightgreen one. The Sarif-Ind logo is on the front, and on the back of the gameboy. The Sarif building in the E3 trailer had the S coloured red, so I decided to do the same. The switch is now red. Carbon fibre effect created with some anti slip flooring. The glowing red rings on Adam's armour are on the A and B buttons. By far the most difficult, had to retry a few times. The golden whateveritis is a chip from an old cellphone. Figured it looked cool so I glued it on.
Custom Asteroids I created for ship to ship battles in SW Saga RPG / miniatures.
I used chunks of high density blue foam 1.5 to 2 inch thickness. I carved or broke them apart to a shape I liked. Then I took small needle nose pliers and pulled chucks off of them to make a pocked look. Then you use black spray paint and spray the crap out of them. Normally I don't use spray paint on my terrain unless I coat it good with a brush on paint so you don't melt the foam. But in this case its spray the heck out them and melt away. The propellant causes the foam to melt and develop more little bubbles to give it a tiny pocked mark appearance on the majority of the little asteroid. I then used some grey spray paint to create the main color. I'm sure one could then use a dry-brush method to add even more detail. I just need to make one or two with a little hidden pirate base on the surface or a smuggler hide-out.
This helmet was a commission, I was given the drawings, it took weeks, sweat and neurons but it’s finally done. I have this feeling… like when you finish a book, a series or a game… a game with no tutorial or gameplay :/ But I really enjoyed it, I learned a lot and it has widened my mind about crochet. Ravelry Notes