Dominion ch 4
After school, I usually take the bus. But today I ditch the bus full of screams and B.O. and decide to walk. It's a somewhat long travel from school to home, but I need to see what happened to Kevin today. It's unlike him to miss a day of school. Even on sick days, appointments, whatever, nothing would allow him to break his perfect attendance. So today, I decide to walk by his house to see why he was gone today.
His house is about four blocks away from the school house. I go around the back so I can view in through the backyard, where sure enough, that's just where he is. Kevin's is fairly big, at least compared to most of the dirt boxes around this town. Two stories and a lush, green, fenced in backyard with trimmed hedges, almost Home & Gardens Magazine-worthy.
Kevin is sitting on the edge of the hammock stuck in the ground about a yard away from the patio with the lawn chairs and a barbecue grill, his feet planted in the grass. He sits hunched over with his head held and a glum loo
RULES OF A HORROR FILMRULES OF A (new) HORROR FILM:RULES OF A HORROR FILM4 years ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
1. Never say "I'll be right back." Saying so is a mark for death.
2. Whenever someone leaves, never tell them to "be careful." (an extension of #1)
3. If the killer's identity is a mystery, it is never the obvious suspect.
4. Never be alone, especially in a dark/isolated area.
5. There is at least 1 or more "Janet Leigh" characters.
6. If the killer has any dialogue, it is even more disturbing, even perverted if possible.
7. The kills are rarely instantaneous; it takes a lot for the victims to actually die. The killer may even torture their victims.
8. Just because someone is down does not mean that they are dead.
9. Any "strange noises" are usually innocent, being an animal, the wind, or another character, etcetera.
10. Victims can be hit anywhere in the body; guys will typically receive damage to the privates in some way.
11. The defeat of the killer will typically be a girl. If not a girl then it will be a team effort, being a boy and a girl, but it is
wordsI open my mouthwords4 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
No words come out
I put pen to paper
But it stays blank
My throat closes up
My heart picks up speed
Because I know not the words
For the way I feel
A virgin entering unknown land
So I can have the one for me
I see no fireworks
There are no stars
There is only him
And that's all I need