A handy little vb script that notifies you when new points offers are available on the Llama Trade page [link]DOWNLOAD HERE
When you start this script the wscript.exe process will run in the background so if you need to kill the script just use task manager and kill this process. When new points are available, a new Internet Explorer window will automatically open and will take you to the Llama Trade page basically just to save you the hassle of having to continuously monitor the page for new points offers. The script will continue to run quietly in the background if no points offers are detected and will only open an Internet Explorer window if a new points offer becomes available. By default it checks every minute.Required
- Internet Explorer
- A session logged into dAImportant Notes
- This script does not automatically submit llamas to new points offers, doing that is up to you. The intent of this script is just to make you aware when new points offers are available.
- Before running the script it might be a good idea to log in to your deviantART account through Internet Explorer, that way when the Internet Explorer window pops up you can click on the 'Give A Llama Badge' button without having to log in first. Alternatively if you have a session open in another browser you can go to the Llama Trade page manually after being notified.
- This script, as far as I know, can only work using the Internet Explorer browser due to the fact that it's coded in vb. So no, it probably can't be changed to launch FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc, instead as much as i'd like it to open in anything other than Internet Explorer!
- There's the possibility that this script may crash if you loose your internet connection temporarily or if deviantART returns an error page instead of the Llama Trade page which it can from time to time. If that happens, the solution is to just restart the script.