Dominion ch 2
Even on Halloween, people stay away. It's after eight and only a couple of kids have stopped by the house. Mom is out late at a costume party with all her coworkers from the bank, so I'm left doing candy duty. I sit in the recliner in the living room with a bowl of candy in my lap, fully dressed in my Dracula costume, popping Sweettart after Sweettart in my mouth while I watch The Exorcist on the TV. I already took my cape off an hour ago, leaving me in just my velvet pants and puffy white dress shirt. That little girl's face is so hideously mangled. Do people really look like that when they're possessed?
The doorbell rings, so I haul myself up out of the chair and walk over to the door, bowl in hand. I open it to see a Terminator standing on the Welcome mat, dressed in a black t-shirt and leather pants and boots with straps of hand grenades in a X over his chest and a plastic machine gun in his left hand and a brown paper shopping bag in the other.
"Trick or treat." he says in the wor
RULES OF A HORROR FILMRULES OF A (new) HORROR FILM:RULES OF A HORROR FILM4 years ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
1. Never say "I'll be right back." Saying so is a mark for death.
2. Whenever someone leaves, never tell them to "be careful." (an extension of #1)
3. If the killer's identity is a mystery, it is never the obvious suspect.
4. Never be alone, especially in a dark/isolated area.
5. There is at least 1 or more "Janet Leigh" characters.
6. If the killer has any dialogue, it is even more disturbing, even perverted if possible.
7. The kills are rarely instantaneous; it takes a lot for the victims to actually die. The killer may even torture their victims.
8. Just because someone is down does not mean that they are dead.
9. Any "strange noises" are usually innocent, being an animal, the wind, or another character, etcetera.
10. Victims can be hit anywhere in the body; guys will typically receive damage to the privates in some way.
11. The defeat of the killer will typically be a girl. If not a girl then it will be a team effort, being a boy and a girl, but it is