So close, yet so far CH 1
So close, yet so far
CHAPTER 1: Darkness and
Here I am again, this same place. A dream? A real place? Just somewhere in my mind? I don't know. Just a few things are for sure so far first: my body has no regular feelings, second: I don't even think I am even breathing right now. I think they've got a special name for this place. If I remember well, it's called an 'astral plane'. But I know one simple thing for sure: he is here again with me. I decide to just try to get in contact with him to see if he'll show up. "You know, after all this time I would have thought we were acquainted enough that you should know you don't have to hide from me anymore, no?" I wait a few minutes and I can feel he is thinking now, unsure of what to do. I decide to push him a little more. "Aren't we hmm something like roommates now, D?" That seems to give him the last nudge and finally make him react. "Yeah I guess you are right, at least on that part."
Shadows begin to shape themselve
So close, yet so far INTROSo close, yet so far INTRO4 years ago in Settings More Like This
So close, yet so far.
In this world, several planets coexist. Several worlds near each other; some livable while others are a lot less.
At times it's not worlds that coexist, but instead its dimensions. One next to the other without even having to acknowledge the presence of their neighbor. I know what you already thinking, "It's a classic," like everyone said at one moment or another, or even just dreamed it could happen.
But think just for a moment, what IF it was a possibility. What if some other words did actually exist? What if there was something else, another kind of life? A totally different kind of people?
Let's try to open our minds to this possibility. Just lift our hands and open that door of possibility in front of us; open that possibility and look at it by ourselves.
Let's look at this world, so close to ours in their behavior and habits, but so different in who they are.
They've got their work, their life, social behaviors, social s
Journal again!Because I am a boring person, here's my process of getting a random picture done!Journal again!2 weeks ago in Personal More Like This
1. Starting up your picture!
- Go do a bunch of sketches! Anything that pops into mind. Me? F.O.E. And Digimanz D:
- This step is important to finding all them silly mistakes, and some subtle ones too!
- And as always, keep the drafting lines simple, and messy if you are a hardcore pencil fan (I am). Keeping it simple makes colouring easier by heaps.
2. Block the flat colours!
- Pretty self explanatory.
- But do take note of the edits on the sketch you did! I kinda didn't show it Terriermon's wink is not present until later.
3. Snazzy shading!
- Time to put your shading to the test! The general rule? Warm for light, cold for dark. Can be applied to any drawing and real life : P
- Don't shade areas that you won't