Dominion ch 1
I hate sunlight. I always have. It's way too bright and burns my eyes, especially on cloudless days like these. Strands of my shoulder-length thick black hair fall over my eyes. It helps some, but it not quite enough. I hiss at it as I push my pitch-dark sunglasses over my sockets that leave me almost totally blind as I sit in the passenger seat of my mother's Mercedes. My head rests lazily against the glass of the car door window, acting as if asleep as Mom drives me to school.
This town is like a regular rainforest. Being smack in the middle of the forest, the town is filled with mile-high trees and dozens of other exotic plants you could only see in a rainforest. A regular nature-lover's paradise.
In about five minutes, we finally make it to my two-story institute-looking school. I would know all about institutes.
My mother gently nudges my shoulder with her fingers, trying to wake me as if I was asleep, which I'm not, but with the pitch-black glasses, who could tell the difference?
RULES OF A HORROR FILMRULES OF A (new) HORROR FILM:RULES OF A HORROR FILM4 years ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
1. Never say "I'll be right back." Saying so is a mark for death.
2. Whenever someone leaves, never tell them to "be careful." (an extension of #1)
3. If the killer's identity is a mystery, it is never the obvious suspect.
4. Never be alone, especially in a dark/isolated area.
5. There is at least 1 or more "Janet Leigh" characters.
6. If the killer has any dialogue, it is even more disturbing, even perverted if possible.
7. The kills are rarely instantaneous; it takes a lot for the victims to actually die. The killer may even torture their victims.
8. Just because someone is down does not mean that they are dead.
9. Any "strange noises" are usually innocent, being an animal, the wind, or another character, etcetera.
10. Victims can be hit anywhere in the body; guys will typically receive damage to the privates in some way.
11. The defeat of the killer will typically be a girl. If not a girl then it will be a team effort, being a boy and a girl, but it is