Jeff x Reader - Rainy Memories, Chapter 5Chapter 5Jeff x Reader - Rainy Memories, Chapter 53 years ago in Romance More Like This
Jeff was getting really heavy to carry.
"Unngh..." I struggled as I tried to position him properly against my shoulder. I had been supporting him and walking for merely three minutes, yet the freezing rain and his weight made it feel more than an eternity.
I knew we were almost at Carrie's place, it was just a few more houses...a few more...I needed to catch my breath, damn.
I stopped and squatted down, letting Jeff lie on my back. Thankfully there was no one around, or they'd be staring like crazy. I raised a sleeve to wipe my forehead.
A bit more, a bit more to go...I had to pick up my pace for Jeff, he was getting all cold in the downpour, not to mention that he was losing blood as well.
Trying to get him off my back resulted in him lying on the ground.
Not until I grabbed him by the armpits and pulled with all my strength did he JUST come up to a kneeling position.
The logical thing to do now, was to hug him.
After that, stand up, pull him upwar
The Tapping Next DoorFor most of my life I had lived in the same apartment. It was on the third floor and overlooked the busy city. It was also directly next to another apartment, which means you could hear everything going on behind the right-hand side bedroom wall.The Tapping Next Door3 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
I would occasionally hear faint noises coming from behind the wall. There would be scraping, which I assumed was the sound of a chair being pulled along a wooden floor. Sometimes voices could be heard. I guessed they were either from the residents living there or from a TV or radio. And then there was the banging.
The banging was a rare occurrence, but whenever it happened it really annoyed me. Why wouldn't it? It always seemed to happen when I was trying to sleep and considering my bed was right against the wall where it was loudest, I was usually awoken by it.
It was loud and frantic usually, like someone trying to get attention. I always thought it was a young child doing its best to piss off its parents, but I was never sure. Mostly becaus
When It's BlackI am cold. Even hidden tight underneath my warm covers, I am cold. Perspiration lays thick on my arms and clammy hands. My knuckles, so white, as they grip my frying pan's wooden handle. It won't be long now. Witching hour has come again, and just as he has before, he will return again. Any moment now, that tell-tale sound, that single thing, that gives him away every time...When It's Black5 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
I shifted my body, quietly repositioning myself. My muscles were tensed, coiled, like a snake waiting to strike, I told myself. A little gardner snake, versus the mighty cobra. Not much of a fight, but the gardner snake is angry. The cobra is veiled beneath his hood, his face sharp and silent and expressionless. It makes me shiver, and bring my knees closer to my chest. Minutes have pass, and still I hear nothing. Maybe he chose not to come. Maybe, tonight, I will finally receive the rest I desire-
He's there. For a moment, my breathing is quick and shallow, but I regain control, calm myself and retu
Scary StoryAn old woman walked down the street, it was late at night. She had been out to the grocery store for some celery. Unfortunately they were out so she was returning home empty-handed.Scary Story10 years ago in Horror More Like This
It was unusually dark that night, clouds had rolled in blocking out the moon, and a storm was coming. She continued down the street, still quite a ways from her home. The street was empty, save for an animal that may wonder by.
As she walked, using her cane to support herself, she thought she heard steps behind her. Slowly turning around, she found that no one was behind her. Continuing on her way home, the stepping noises picked-up again, even with her bad hearing they where very obvious to her. Turning around again, more quickly, she still found nothing behind or around her. She quickened her pace as much as her old legs would let her, hoping to get home quickly.
She turned down the next street, only 3 blocks to go.
The Black PondI remember the day we first arrived in our new home clearly. My father parked the car before the house, his gruff voice announcing our arrival. I was in the back seat, my sketch book open in my lap as I drew whatever came to mind. My younger brother Ben crawled right across my lap and pressed his face to the car window, looking out at our new home with awe. Irritated that he'd interrupted my drawing, I snapped the book shut and got out of the car, slamming the door in his face with no remorse.The Black Pond4 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
I was scolded for my behaviour, but being sixteen years old, I didn't really care.
The house was old and worn, in dire need of repairs that my father promised to take care of. A double story building with a dark red, slanted roof and grey walls. My mother said it looked like an old Victorian mansion, especially since it was surrounded by a forest. I thought it looked like a rancid old mansion one would expect to find in a horror story, and yet somehow this observation drew me to it and I began to
Color Theory: VIOLETColor Theory: VIOLET7 years ago in General Non-Fiction More Like This
- Any of a number of similar colors evoked by light consisting predominantly of the shortest wavelengths of light discernible by the human eye
- Subtractive secondary
- Complementary to yellow (subtractive color)
- Wavelength: 380-420 nm
- Hex triplet: #EE82EE
- sRGB: 238, 130, 238
3. Found In
- In Chinese painting, the color violet represents the harmony of the universe because it is a combination of red (yang) and blue (yin)
- Egypt: denotes virtue and faith
- Iran: color of what is to come. A sun or moon that looks purple during an eclipse is an omen of bloodshed within the year
- Japan: signifies wealth and position
- Thailand: worn by a widow mourning her husband's death
- Tibet: amethyst is considered to be sacred to Buddha and rosaries are often fashioned from it
- Tudor Britain: color of mourning, as well as the color of religious fervor
- Ukraine: traditional form of egg dying, purple speaks of fasting, faith, p
Color Theory: PURPLEColor Theory: PURPLE7 years ago in General Non-Fiction More Like This
- Any of a number of similar colors occurring between blue and red; this color is sometimes confused with the more narrowly-defined spectracl color violet
- Hex triplet: #800080
- sRGB: 128, 0, 128
2. Purple versus Violet
- The color terms purple and violet cause confusion for many people, and they are often used interchangeably in casual conversation. Technically, purple when used as a general term in its most general sense is the name of the color group of many related colors such as violet, red-violet, heliotrope, lavender, mauve, magenta, rose, indigo and lilac. Indigo is a blue-purple; lilac is a light purple; mauve is between the two.
Violet is a spectral color of a shorter wavelength than blue, while purple is a combination of red and blue light. The purples are colors on the color wheel that are not spectral colors purples are extraspectral color. In fact, purple was not present on Newton's color wheel (which went directly from violet to red), th
*CreepyPasta*: Water PuppetSome people call me a hero. I can't disagree with them, because it's actually kind of true. Believe it or not, I've saved a drowning man, pulled a girl from a burning building, and I even saved a dog from being swept away by a nasty flood. My friends thought I was crazy, but I thought I was just exercising my humanity. That, and I was kind of an adrenaline junkie. It was my guilty pleasure. I've been sky diving and bungee jumping on more than one occasion. I've jumped off the ledge of a huge water fall hoping that I didn't hit shallow water. I've got a couple of scars to show for my endeavors. I don't really do the adventurous things that I used to anymore. Not after what happened.*CreepyPasta*: Water Puppet3 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
About seven years ago, me and a couple of friends were just heading out from a New Years party. It was freezing outside, and we had to walk six blocks to get back to our dorms. We all started walking, dreading the next twenty minutes or so of minus twenty degree weather.
"Hey, w - wait a minute," Jarro
Color Theory: PINKColor Theory: PINK7 years ago in General Non-Fiction More Like This
- Combination of red and white
- Hex triplet: #FFC0CB
- sRGB: 255, 192, 203
- Encourages action and confidence
- Has been used in prison holding cells to effectively reduce erratic behavior
- Stimulate energy and can increase the blood pressure, respiration, heartbeat, and pulse rate
3. Found In
- Japan: masculine association
- Western: articles of clothing for female infants
- Christianity: signifies happiness and joy in Catholicism
- Valentines Day: in combination with the colors red, pink, and/or magenta
- Often used to represent homosexuality
- Japan: pink move refers to a pornographic film
- Internationally recognized symbol of hope and awareness in the fight against breast cancer
- Mary Kay
- Thomas Pink
- Victorias Secret
- Owens Corning Insulation
Color Theory: GREYColor Theory: GREY7 years ago in General Non-Fiction More Like This
- Describes an color between white and black
- Hex triplet: #808080
- sRGB: 128, 128, 128
- Creates expectations
3. Found In
- Representative of pessimism
- Christianity: represents mourning and repentance
- Davys grey
- Medium Taupe
- Pale Taupe
- Paynes grey
- Purple Taupe
- Seal brown
- Slate grey
- Taupe grey
- Arsenic: (#3B444B) (59, 68, 75); color of the element
- Bistre *see Brown: (#3D2B1F) (61, 43, 31); made from soot
- Black: (#000000) (0, 0, 0)
- Charcoal: (#464646) (70, 70, 70)
- Davys grey: (#788878) (120, 136, 120); made from powdered slate
- Feldgrau: (#4D5D53) (77, 93, 83)
- Liver *see Brown: (#534B4F) (83, 75, 79); used to describe dogs and horses
- Medium Taupe *see Brown: (#674C47) (103, 67, 71)
- Pale Taupe *see Brown: (#BC987E) (18
Sickly SweetI could remember moving into this neighbourhood like it was just yesterday. Actually, when I think about it, it wasn't that long ago. Must've been about seven months ago when I first arrived. It seemed perfectly normal. I had friendly neighbours, a nice house and a fairly decent job at the gas station in the nearby town.Sickly Sweet3 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
Although all of my neighbours seemed cheerful and friendly, there was one specifically who seemed kinder than all of them. Her name was Amanda Robinson, and she lived in the house opposite mine.
She looked about twenty, the same age as me. Her long hair was a light brown colour, just like mine, and her eyes were a moss green, also like mine. We both had fair skin, although hers was slightly paler. A warm smile was always present on her face and for some reason, she always had a few peppermint sweets in her jeans pocket.
I remember first meeting her on the day I moved in. She offered me a peppermint and I gladly accepted. I noticed she didn't eat one herself, but though
Color Theory: GREENColor Theory: GREEN7 years ago in General Non-Fiction More Like This
- Any of a number of similar colors evoked by light consisting somewhat of the midle wavelengths of light discernible by the human eye
- Additive primary and subtractive seconday
- Complementary to magenta (additive light); complementary to red (subtractive color)
- Wavelength: 520-570 nm
- Hex triplet: #00FF00
- sRGB: 0, 255, 0
- Relaxes mentally, as well as physically
- Helps alleviate depression, nervousness, and anxiety
- Offers a sense of renewal, self-control, and harmony
3. Found In
- Worldwide color used to represent safety
- China: jade stones represent virtue and beauty
- Ghardaia: houses painted in green indicate that the inhabitants have made a pilgrimage to Mecca
- Iran: sacred color where is symbolizes paradise
- Ireland: represents the vast green hillsides and St. Patrick
- Islam: considered traditional color because of its association with nature
- Japan: regarded as the color of eternal l
Color Theory: REDColor Theory: RED7 years ago in General Non-Fiction More Like This
- Any of a number of similar colors evoked by light consisting predominantly of the longest wavelengths of light discernible by the human eye
- Additive and subtractive primary
- Complementary to cyan (additive light); complementary to green (subtractive color)
- Wavelength: 625-740 nm
- Frequency: 480-405 THz
- Hex triplet: #FF0000
- sRGB: 255, 0, 0
- Energy, blood
- Anger, passion, love
- Increases enthusiasm
- Encourages action and confidence
- Provides a sense of protection
3. Found In
- Interior design and fashion: shades of red are described by reference to the colors of fruits and vegetables that commonly match that shade. These include cherries, beets, turnips, strawberries, and raspberries
- Used throughout time to represent royalty throughout the world
- Red is the color claimed by the street gangs Bloods and Norteños
- Japan: traditional color for a heroic figure
- Ancient China: is one of the main five c
VentWhen I was 6 or 7, my family has been going through hard times. We sold our house and moved to a very small flat. The apartments were cranked and tiny, and behind the wall lived another family with a kid around my age.Vent2 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
I wasn't very sociable, but since my parents didn't want me to stress like they did, I was introduced to the kid. He was short and always smiled cheerfully, even though their situation wasn't much better than ours. It was pretty hard not to be friends with him. We always went to "adventures" in the small backyard and visited each other very often. I became very attached to him.
Soon enough I noticed there was a small air vent on the wall next to my bed, just above the floor. It was like a small window between our apartments, and so we called it "the friendship window". If one of us wanted to talk but didn't feel like going out, he would just crouch near the vent and say "Eyes not blinking, look at me now!". It sounded weird to both families, but we just wanted something
Color Theory: ORANGEColor Theory: ORANGE7 years ago in General Non-Fiction More Like This
- Occurs between red and yellow in the visible spectrum
- Subtractive secondary
- Complementary to blue (subtractive color)
- Wavelength: 585-620 nm
- Hex triplet: #FF7F00
- sRGB: 255, 127, 0
- Stimulates activity and appetite
- Encourages socialization and oxygen intake to the brain
3. Found In
- China and Japan: color of happiness and love
- Seven Deadly Sins: Gluttony, Pig
- India and Sri Lanka: represents Hinduism. Hindu gurus usually wear orange robes
- Northern Ireland: signifies Protestantism
- Halloween: because orange is the color of pumpkins
- Thanksgiving: in combination with the color brown
- United States Army: orange is the colour of the United States Army Signal Corps
- Contrasting colour of blue and is highly visible against a clear sky, so often used in safety
- Often used for visibility enhancement
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security's code orange on its terror threa
Horror Of My ChildhoodThe warm water runs down my body and as I look down at my feet I see my long brown hair, black wet, float on the water flowing over my breasts. I go to grab the shampoo but its not there. Oh yeah, I ran out last time and was to lazy to put more in. Great, now I'm gonna have to tell for my dad. I'm thirteen and still need my father to take a simple shower.Horror Of My Childhood3 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
"Dad?" I call hoping he can hear me all the on the other side of the house in the office. He's alway in there, working like I don't even exist. I know he does it all for me but sometimes I just want him to be a dad.
I yell repeatedly, louder and louder with every call. Now I'm getting worried. He never leaves when I'm in the shower because I might fall and drown while he's away or something. I try one last time with all the lung power I can muster out of my small diaphragm.
This time I hear a rustle in the background of the shower water pounding at my ears. Usually I can hear him coming from a mile away because he walks so heavy and h
They Stole My BodyI just want to get away. Away from the noise of this house. It's winter so outside isn't an option so I'll have to settle for the garage. It's not as frigid in there but it's still chilling so I bring a small space heater.They Stole My Body3 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
I find an old lawn chair and set it up next to the only plug I can find. As the ancient off white heater warms up I look around. This place is so dirty. The concrete floor needs sweeping and the corners have bad at least twenty past hosts. I guess it's okay because no one ever comes out here this time of year.
Finally the heater is warmed up. So much that my shins are almost burning. I move them aside so that the rest of my body can feel the tiny sun. After I move my foot I see a quarter sized beetle. It's exoskeleton is dark but where the light hits it the blue and purple metallic undertones are revealed. I've never seen this kind of insect in person before but I know it's not native to this area. It must have been searching for an escape from the winter and found i
Vampiric Insomnia -VampiRed-Mike couldn't sleep.Vampiric Insomnia -VampiRed-6 years ago in Fan Fiction More Like This
The lead Vamp didn't know why. He just couldn't sleep. The land of peaceful slumber just wouldn't come.
There was a cure for his insomnia however; located fight next to him in the bed and wearing a pair of black silk pajamas (courtesy of Mike). Unable to hide a smirk, Mike gently poked the silk clad other's shoulder.
"Dyl Dyl, wake up baby."
Dylan moaned, swatting the hand away. "Knock it off."
Mike chuckled, poking his lover's shoulder again. "Dylan "
Another poke. "Dyl-"
"Mike!" the small Goth whined, curling up into his side of the bed.
The Vamp smiled and snaked his arms around his boyfriend's waist, pulling him closer. "I can't sleep."
"Then why the fuck did you wake me up?" Dylan complained, curling up against the much warmer Mike.
"Because I wanted to cuddle."
"Will a nice hot cup of coffee make it all better?"
" It better be piping hot when I get up. With extra creamer."
"Anything else, darling?"
Mi BebeManuel pov...Mi Bebe5 years ago in Fan Fiction More Like This
Hace mucho tiempo que conozco a diego, diría casi que fue a la primera persona que conocí, aun recuerdo cuando vivía con abuela Mapuche y salía a jugar al bosque que quedaba cerca de la ruca en la que solía vivir, me encantaba ese lugar, tan frondoso, lleno de vegetación y animales, bellos paisajes, y horizontes majestuosos ensombrecidos por la enorme y blanca cordillera de los andes.
Mi abuela solía decir que cuando jugara no me alejase tanto, pero desde muy pequeño decía que me se cuidar perfectamente y le desobedecía, no me gustaba ni aun me gusta, ser sometido por nadie, yo era libre y hacia lo que quería.
Un día de esos desperté muy temprano en la mañana, salí de mi ruca y pude apreciar el bello día que era, entonces tome unas provisiones y algo en donde llevarlas, y me dispuse a caminar tan lejos como mis pequeños pero fuertes pies me lo p
One more memory Chapter 5One more memory Chapter 55 years ago in Introductions & Chapters More Like This
Ryeowook stayed in bed the rest of the night, never falling asleep. Kyuhyun checked on him once or twice, all that could be seen was a jumbled web of the purple comforter and a lump that was visibly trembling. When he felt that it was most likely day he crawled out, and sure enough the sun was there with it's smile. Warming h is skin and drying his tears. It made him think of the American song he once heard.
Woke up this morning, smiled with the rising sun.Three little birds, pitch by my doorstep, singing sweet songs. Of melodies pure and true.
Sayin' : This is my message to you.
He hummed the tune as he got out of bed, he knew that he had to move on. He decided that it was good that Kyuhyun said he didn't love him anymore, he would've held on forever if he hadn't. He would always love Kyuhyun, he was his first love. But he would move on. It couldn't be that hard could it?
He walked downstairs into the kitchen where Kyuhyun sat, but someone else was with him. It was the girl
Dream of the Past Chapter 1Dream of the Past Chapter 15 years ago in General Fiction More Like This
The soft pitter-patter of rain hitting the windowpane had managed to pull a certain German out his sleep. Shifting to find a better position in bed, Ludwig ended up curling up next to another person in bed. A flash of lightning lit up the room, and a few seconds later the windows shook with the following thunder. Any hope of getting back to sleep was lost as the lightning became more frequent. Sighing, Ludwig sat up in bed. A slight nagging sensation at the back of his mind became more intense as he became more alert. He had had a strange dream.
But what was it about?
He shook his head to try and rid himself of the foggy dream. A soft snore brought his attention back to his bed. Ludwig chuckled, Feli had snuck into his bed again. The female lay sprawled out on the other half of his bed, with her half of the covers around her ankles and her auburn hair fanned out across her pillow. She was wearing the dress shirt he had lent her, since he refused to let her run around his house i
Love Distance Long Affair English lyricsTake a breath and hold it inLove Distance Long Affair English lyrics4 years ago in Songs & Lyrics More Like This
Till my head is spinning
Take a breath and count to ten
I try to hold in all the pain
But I keep hurting, all the same
A pain that has grown with every day
That you're not with me
Inhale, exhale, and repeat
To keep the ground under my feet
Wishing you'd pick up the phone
Through the good times and the bad
Through all the tears and all the laughs
I can't help but think that if you're here
It'd be better
If you're laughing, I will laugh with you
If you're crying, I will comfort you
If you're angry with me, let me know
If you love me, say so
If you want to kiss, don't be afraid
Hold me close, it's okay
If you really want to be with me
All you gotta do is call
When your name lights up my screen
Oh, God, I get so happy
Life lived in the digital
I'll stop time, or so I say
I'll make distance go away
Ride the airwaves to your side
If I'm laughing, would you laugh with me?
If I'm crying, would you comfort me?
If I love you,
An old man's deathAn old man's death5 years ago in Stories & Vignettes More Like This
Wearily he sits in his usual chair. Maybe no one will notice how tired he is and how much it hurts. His oldest granddaughter knocks on the door and opens the door.
"Hi grandpa. How are you today?" She gives him a hug and sits the plate of cookies in front of him. Her fiancé steps in behind her with a gallon of fresh cow's milk. He hadn't had that since he was a boy. Yum!
He smiles. "When are you getting married??"
She pauses. A different reaction that usual. Usually she says, "Not sure yet. We'll let you know."
"October the eighth."
For a split second he thought there was hope after all. October wasn't too far away. He could make it until then. That would only be a month after the six month mark the doctors gave him back in March. Then she adds .
He didn't know what to say. He'd never make it that long. He knew he couldn't. For a moment, she caught the distress in his eyes, but he looks away quickly back at the cookies and milk. "Thanks for the cookies." H
Not this Island MusicNot this Island Music6 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
I. What it was never
(on J reading Robert Kelly)
"And after luscious months of living they would say it's not so
very different from what they knew."
It was never the verse, but something thicker
dangerous to the finger; a bait trap
of honesty foraged from a conformed colony by a dominant
drone possessing a new Queen.
It was never the voice, but something tougher
sharper under the skin; tiny lancets
a barbed stinger from a defensive maneuver pumping venom
through a corpuscle of blood and water.
It was never the delivery, disoriented in direction
from an insufficient species of pheromone; so