HOW TO: Remove the line art from the white bgSince not many of you check my blog for updates and such i thought i should just post this here since its very useful:HOW TO: Remove the line art from the white bg6 years ago in Personal More Like This
Removing white background from lines
Every time i scan a drawing i have to set it on multiply to get rid of the white background that is paper. So i googled for a solution and i saw this website: http://www.tomrichmond.com/blog/2008/06/06/new-photoshop-line-art-trick/
You will need photoshop for this!!
The short version:
1. Scan line art as greyscale image, or covert it to such
2. Create a new blank layer and name it Inks
3. Go to the Channels palette and there is only one channel called Grey
4. At the bottom of the channels palette, click on the dashed circle icon entitled Load channel as selection
5. In Select drop down menu select Inverse
6. Go to your Inks layer
7. Press D on your keyboard to reset the swatches to full black in active color
8. Press Alt + Delete (or Option + Delete if you'
reposted art removalI think a lot of people might already know this but having only recently found it myself. I think it's a good opportunity to share it with everyone! If someone has posted your art on deviantart without your permission, there's a really simple way of having taken down instead of filing a report (which, from experience is completely ineffective). All you have to do is fill out this form, it's a DMCA form which means as the copyright owner of the art you can elect to have it taken down, by law.reposted art removal1 year ago in Personal More Like This
I didn't find out about filing DMCAs on deviantart until I googled it (silly I know) but they have long existed on tumblr and I've also seen one on weheartit.com. Filing DMCAs seem to be a lot more effective, the art is taken down in a couple of days. And in the case with tumblr all reblogs of the post in question are also deleted, along