Living in the wasteland can be harsh. Pesky towns not "sharing" gas, do-gooders always picking on you, giant mutated critters the size of busses and a general lack of respect towards you and your friends. if this sounds familiar, than the Abrams Redux is for you. upgraded from a M1A2, the redux has all the old world beauty and firepower but upgraded with the latest in salvaged raider tec. featuring a 120 mm barrel with rail gun attachment, coaxial machine gun, loaders .50, dual .50 commanders turret and back mounted .50 for any tailgaters. The redux features the latest in defensive technology as well, smoke launchers, infrared targeting, raider tec guidance/ radio jammer dome and on board NBC detection suite. Additional wasteland survival armor has been added for encounters with the ones that are dumb enough to fight back.When out in the wasteland and you must kill every last motherclucker, accept no substitutes, get a redux today!
This is my kitbashed Abrams tank, built up in post apocalyptic style. Built from a 1/35 Tamiya "operation Iraqi freedom" Abrams, bit bin details, scratch built details and custom raider figurine. Hand painted with enamels and weathered with art acrylics and pastels. This project was super fun and a good excuse to be shamelessly un-realistic. I had built the original Abrams kit about a year ago and really was never happy with it. I had messed up a ton of things and I had always considered it a failure. So it sat on a high shelf for a year collecting dust, mocking me. After all the time and work i put in on my PBR model, I it thought it would be good to work on something a bit more relaxing and a lot less time consuming. Over the last few weeks i have seen some really awesome Abrams models/art and figured it would be fun to tear apart mine and make something I would be happy with. I gave myself a one week time limit and went to work. All in all this was really too much fun and i am happy with how it came out. a few things here and there could of been better but I wanted to stick to my one week limit (kind of like speed paint I guess, see what i could get done on a deadline) anyways hopefully soon ill find a good spot outdoors and take some shots of it with my screaming hawk.
"Over ten million men are in the armed forces. Bringing them back into civilian life would present a difficult problem, even if they had only been away over night. It would be an even greater problem if all those more than ten million had been away for three years on a holiday. What then are the dimensions of the problem when over ten million have been in war? This is real. And after months and years of war, battle or drudgery, no matter where, there is always that bewildering let-down. The big thing has been done. Whether squeezing a trigger, or guarding an island, or carrying a stretcher. And suddenly, there is no more war. Here is your man. Remember, he isn't naïve anymore. He's been places, he's seen things. He has seen and experienced things which should not happen under guard. Which should not happen under the sun. Which should not happen again. Not to his children, not to his friends, not to anyone. He is toughened to withstand these things. He is no longer illusioned. He is no longer a boy. He has seen war."
March, 1945, Germany. After 3 years of grueling fighting across the Mediterranean and Western Europe, the Allies have finally penetrated the Fatherland, and the enemy is finally collapsing. Only a couple months remain until the German population will fall into the hands of their hands. Many will be returning to their American homes with stories, souvenirs, and special treatment from civilians. Many more would never return.
Corporal Edward R. "Cubby" Dodson has managed to live through 3 years of service. In Tunisia, he saw action in Tebourba, and experienced defeat in the big retreat from Kasserine Pass. However, he saw victory at El Guettar. After brief R&R on the Tunisian sands, his division took part in 'Operation Husky', the invasion of Sicily. The night was black, dimly illuminated by flames. 1st Infantry hit the sands; Cubby charged with his comrades. An ill trained Italian sniper aimed low and shot Cubby through the left thigh. Thankfully, the bullet missed the bone and exited. He crawled to a cliff face and hid for the remainder of the invasion. The next morning, he was treated at a make-shift field hospital on the beach. After two weeks of recovering, he bribed his way out of the hospital with a box of cigars he received in Tunisia. Cubby quickly hobbled away and rejoined his unit. His buddies helped him maneuver through the jagged mountain terrain as they pushed inland. With a knack for marksmanship, he was notorious for laying prone on a hilltop and popping off "the Huns and Guineas" with his M1 while his comrades led the flank. After the campaign in late 1943, he was awarded the Purple Heart and promoted to Corporal. The 1st Division was then sent to England in preparation for the European Invasion. On leave, Cubby met an English girl named Mae, who he lost his virginity to. Her family approved of him and he would spend weekends at their home; secretly sneaking to Mae's room at night. Back at Walditch Camp, the training intensified. It was finally decided that 1st Infantry would be attached to the 16th RCT, and would be assaulting a German defended Normandy beach codenamed "Omaha." On the dark, cold morning of June 6th, Cubby and his unit were sailing towards the beach in their LC. It was rough and jarring. When the boat hit the sands on 'Easy Red' sector, all the Lieutenants and half the men were cut down by German MG's, which Cubby and his friends called "Buzzsaws." The survivors crawled out of the blood-soaked surf and took little cover behind a few steel obstacles. It was evident the defenses had not been bombed and remained entirely intact. After 3 hours of cowering, Cubby made a run for the seawall. A mortar hit nearby, lodging a piece of shrapnel into his left calf. A medic aided him to the shingle. The piece was too deep, so he temporarily bandaged it and left him there on the shingle the rest of the day. Cubby was quickly evacuated and returned to England for treatment. He received his second Purple Heart. He began having nightmares in the hospital. One of his fellow wounded comrades gave him a new nickname, "Unlucky Lefty" due to being hit twice in the left leg. He hated this name. After 4 months, he was sent back to his unit, holding off a German offensive in the ice cold Hurtgen Forest on the German/Belgian border. This did not help his fighting morale. It was so cold that some of the men froze to death. Soldiers had to wrap blankets around their feet, and ammunition was scarce. However, the 1st Division was able to break the Siegfried Line and pour into the German Ruhr Valley. Cubby had at last made it to Germany. Many of the German civilians threw up their arms in sight of the Americans. At one point, Cubby witnessed a Lieutenant beat a woman to the ground with his carbine for no apparent reason. On March 15, 1945, as a part of 'Operation Lumberjack', Cubby's unit assisted the 9th Armored Division in seizing the Ludendorff Bridge in Remagen. It was one of the last few bridges crossing the Rhine River that the Germans had not destroyed. This was a great victory for the Americans. Hoards of Germans came across the bridge with their hands raised. The Ludendorff Bridge was extremely frail due to constant bombing and shelling. On March 17, Cubby was among the convoy of troops and vehicles crossing the bridge. Suddenly, there were loud cracking sounds. The soldiers thought at first it was gunfire so they took cover. But, they soon saw what was happening. The gangplanks were giving out. The bridge split in the center and fell into the Rhine. Around 200 troops went down with it, including Cubby. When he hit the water, his left (unlucky) leg smashed into a steel beam and snapped his ankle. He floated downstream and was picked up at Pontoon Bridge. Due to the fractured ankle, his left foot had to be amputated. In July, 1945, Edward R. "Cubby" Dodson finally returned home to Arlington, Texas. He arrived on crutches, with 3 Purple Hearts pinned to his uniform, and was greeted by his overwhelmingly proud parents. In his bag: A swastika banner, a Mauser bayonet, a German wrist watch, and a few spent "Buzzsaw" cartridges. He never returned to England to reunite with Mae.
The SF-228 is a fighter aircraft with combined engine - piston with air cooling and motorjet [link] , such as Soviet Mikoyan I-250 (also called Mig-13) or Su-5 When motorje enabled - this aircraft has speed over 800 km/h Armament - two 20 mm cannon and two 12,7 mm machinegun. Also see this picture [link]
THIS MAP IS OUTDATED - PLEASE SEE THE LATEST VERSION
A Conceptual Faction Map for the Historically Wrong Sketch Series - Medieval Revisited, which is based on the original medieval series, but with less generalization and much more anachronism. The Map will serve as my reference for the various Women Warriors which i will be depicting in their battle/court attires respective to the generalized culture that they represent.
The reason why i decided to recreate the original series is to give it more flavor and detailed presentation, something which i really enjoy, and also because some drawings were left in unfinished state. It is also because i love medieval history where knights rode proudly on their stallions, culture flourished under exotic and elegant trades, as well the tale of kings, their princes and princess. Of course, these are still romantic portrayal, but it has its own appeal.
The regions represented in the map is by no means culturally and geo-politically accurate. They are simply to pinpoint the region on which the Women Warriors will be depicted from. After all, there is a lot of anachronism in the historically wrong sketch series...but certainly any feedback is most welcomed to make the series more enjoyable.
Based on Medieval History of the World that covers roughly 800 - 1400 AD in real life history.
Faction List (Names may not resemble the actual language):
1. Reino di Iberia (Iberian) (link to Early Concept Drawing) This faction represent the united Iberian forces, similar to that of the various christian kingdoms that has existed before the reconquista, like the Portuguese, Castile & Leon, Navarra, Galicia and Asturias. 2. Al-Mamlakati Al-Murnakus (Maghreb) (link to Early Concept Drawing) The faction that represents the north african people, typically the Manghrebs such as the Berber and Tuareg people. In most cases, there will be a mixed of Andalusian as well as Moorish history in its depiction.
3. Mandeka Kurufaba (West African/Mande) (link to Early Concept Drawing) Based on the powerful and the legacy of the Mali Empire of West Africa under the reign of Mansa Musa. Also, kingdoms like the Kanem Bornu, Hausa and Songhai will be taken into account. 4. Royaume de Frankonia (Latin/Franks) Or simply, the french. They represents the beacon of the series' medieval feudalism. I will take my the History of the Capetian France as a basis for this faction. 5. Duche de Nortmanuss (Latin/Norman) The Normans, simply because they are cool and badass Maybe subject to interpretation). NEvertheless, it's a rather anachronistic depiciton of independent norman power, whose inspiration was taken from William of Normandy before he launched his invasion of England
6. Celtic Federation (Celtic - Welsh/Irish/Scottish) The original inhabittants of the brithish isles, from caledonia, hibernia and wales, will be represented in this faction. Expect dome pictish and irish influence.
7. Saxanana Reis (Germanic/Anglo-Saxons) The Anglo-Saxons are not dead yet, at least in this series. They can be as cool as the viking, but equally badass as well.
8. ImperiumGermanium Sacrum (Germanic/Central) or Kaiserreich The Germans, all their heavy knight and warmongering mercenaries.It's a rather anachronistic representation of various german counties and duchies in a united empire. 9. Serenissima Republicca di Italia (Latin/Italian) An anachronistic representation of the Italian Peninsula, whose "republic" in the series consistis of various powerful city states, mercantile power and duchiesunited under a single banner.
10. Karpati Kiralysag (South Slavic/Magyar) (link to Early Concept Drawing) The Magyars and others that lived surrounding the carpathian mountains, such as the serbians and the croatians.
11. Krolestwo Czyrzniech (West Slavic/Polish) The faction that represents the polish kingdom, more closely to the piasts dynasty.
12. Baltai Kunigaikštystė (West Slavic/Baltic) The balts, which is a rather anachronistic collectives of people inspired by the pagan prussians, lithuanians, livonia and many more.
13. Vikingrunionen (North Germanic/Scandinavian) Vikings united! Well, it's actually just a untied respresentation of carious scandinavian kingdoms during the midle ages. similar to kalmar union, but with a more Viking Golden Age touch. 14. Velikoye Knyazhestvo Kaviarovkoye (East Slavic/Rus) Grand Principality of Kaviarov, dedicated to my love fo russian (eastern slavic) and caviar.This is based on the various eastern slavic grand principalities like the Rus, Kievan as well as Novgorod Republic. 15. Desht-i Yurtubi(Altaic/Turkic - Cuman/Kypchak/Khazar/Bolgar/Pecheneg) Based on the Cuman Kypchack Confederacy in their heights, before mongol invasion. It's a rather different represantation of the steppe people, unlike the mongols.
16. Basileia Rhiōmaiōn (Greek/Byzantine) The Rhiomaion Empire, the counterpart of the well known byzantine empire that bridge europe and oriental world. 17. Al-Kheelafah Al-Sarraviyah (Semitic/Arabic & Altaic/Turkic) The original Sarravid Empire was a global spanning empire in the original series, but now i've reduced to the size more or less similar to that of the Ummayad caliphate. Arabs, Egyptians and Turks will dominate the representation of this faction.
18. Mangisa Abissinia (East African/Ethiopian) (link to Early Concept Drawing) The Ethiopiansthat ruled the eastern africa and its horn. 19. Kitanga dya Ntotila (Rest of Africa/Kongolese) Based on the historical Kongo before the arrival of Portuguese. Details are sketchy at best, but any information on the kingdom will be much appreciated. 20. Bahramiyan Eranshahr (Indo-Aryan/Persia) The Persians of the Medieval series.Technically by this timeline Persia is already under Islam, but i will take the Sassanids as inspiration. 21. Jaganavanshi Rajputana (Indo-Aryan/Hindustan) (link to Early Concept Drawing) The Rajputs and the sons of world rulers, the Indians would bring their might and majesty on the battlefield like no other.
22. Achanak Syama (Thai) Kingdom of Siam, based on the historical Thai kingdoms that inhibitted the south-east asian mainland
23. Keraton Malaya (Malay) (link to Early Concept Drawing) Based on the Majapahit empirethat ruled much of the East Indies Archipelago. 24. Yang Chao(East Asian/Han Chinese) The Great Chinese Empire of Yang. Will be based on Song Dynasty during its height, along with its brutal military machine.
25. Jima Seon-guk (East Asian/Korean) (link to Early Concept Drawing) Korean Kingdom, roughly based on joseon.
26. Hibangana Bakufu(East asian/Japanese)(link to Early Concept Drawing) Based on the Kamakura period of Japan, during the early rise of feudal samurai class, and various clans feuding for power over imperial control. 27. Nodai-in Ulus (Altaic/Mongol) Mongols!!!! The Golden Horde!
28. Inkatinsuyu (South American/Inca) Based on the historcial Inca Empire that ruled the western coast of south america.
29. Tototl Tlahtōlōyān (Mesoamerican) Based on the Mix of Mayan and Aztech Civilization of central america.
30. Mississippian Kanogee (North American) Based on the early missippian native north American before the arrival of European settles.
Miscellaneous Faction not Included in the map of the current version:
Card para o livro "Jack Farrell e A Serpente Emplumada". Para Maiores informações, acesse o [link]
Card for the book "Jack Farrell and The Feathered Serpent". To more info, follow the [link]
Author: Jean Angelles Ilustration and colors:
"Jack Farrell, todos direitos reservados" "Jack Farrell, all rights reserved"
Jack Farrell and the Feathered Serpent
Jack and his friends travel to the Pre-Colombian America where they discover the fabulous Aztec Empire and meet the proud Emperor Montezuma. Their journey is to prevent the Society of Thule from getting the golden fangs of Quetzalcoatl, the Feathered Serpent. But it is not the Society of Thule that has plans for the artifact: that is also coveted by the ambitious Spanish conqueror Cortez. The return of the King of the World brings about a terrible plan to steal as many of Relics of Power as he can, in his attempt to gather strength for the final clash, as it is predicted in the ancient prophecies. Meanwhile, one of the immortal Templar Knights, who had long been missing, returns from the past and, with him, brings new revelations about Jack and his destiny as the Unifier of the Worlds.
ink & digital 2008, one of the most legendary persons in the Finnish military history. His warpath made him a feared jäger captain in the Finnish Army, Hauptsturmführer in the Waffen-SS and a major in the U.S. Army Special Forces. He went missing in action in Laos 1965. His remains were found in 1999 and formally identified in 2003 and buried at Arlington National Cemetery.