Mecha WIP Design for Academy Senior Bad Girl character. Its much larger than depicted here. Mech is actually in the 60 foot tall range. Which would make it a Mecha rather than just a large Power Suit, or Powered Armor.
NOTES About MECHA ACADEMY: I actually wanted to do more variation in the mech body styles. But some of my concept behind the characters and mecha is that its some type of Mecha Academy for Pilots and other Trainees. Each Individual Pilots mecha is modified to an extent by the pilots or schools, but the main battle chassis and humanoid frame designs are universal. Schools or independent programs buy several dozen generic battle chassis frames a semester for training and mechanic courses. Students can fund their own parts and mecha, or supply technical data and specifications which can be uploaded into Academy fabrication units and combat programming. Throughout the year, different schools have both design and competitive challenges to rank each other and their students on a regional level.
:EDIT: mech alignment
Art - Concept - Design (c) Warhound Art Studio - Chuck
This actually is a collaborative work for a novel entitled "vanguard", where the concept of illustration is triggered by a friend of mine named "Vinko Satrio" also as the author of this novel and I am here as an illustrator as well as "mech designer" Here's a brief description of the work above is based on the idea of the author .. (But may change)
Haze Reiter Ex-G (Ex-Gharuda)
Unit Type: Prototype Assault Vanguard
Height: 18.64 meters
Weight: 79.83 metric tons
Armor Materials: Carbonated Avalon Alloy
Power Plant: Smir (Reinforce Solar Integrated Mirror) Generator System
Equipment Features: ICU (Integrated Unit Crest), Modem Link (For 2-combatant pilot system, to help activate the ICU), ELF (Enforcer of Living Force) System, Leaf System (Note: similar to Phsyco Frame), Wings of Garuda mode (mixing of Fire, Wind, and Light Crest Elemental Power)
Armaments (optional, and not all the parts installed in based type)
Beam 2x Katar (mounted on Garuda's Right and Left Arms) and is specifically for all types including "based type"
sparingly (High Energy Mega Thruster) 2x Cannon (mounted on Garuda's Right and Left Arms; charged by the help of Wings of Garuda Mode) This mode applies to space mode.
Wireless Leaf Blades 2x (at Garuda's Right and Left Hips) to this part is also optional.
Reflector Shield 2x (mounted on Garuda's Right and Left Arms)
WABC (Wide Area Cluster Beam) 2x (activated by Wings of Garuda's Smir Generator System) à note: similar to V2 Gundam's Beam Wings, this part applies to space type.
Pilot: Daniel Anarta
Here's a description of the existing part on Ex-G:
1. Hydraulic spring: spring is exactly like the kind of "up side down", this spring also serves to dampen excessive vibration in harsh terrain during the battle.
2. Thruster stabilizer: This is actually a kind of mini-throwers who serves as the outer space, where part of this work adds to mobility as well as stabilize the Ex-G in space, some of these parts are also in some other parts of the body such as the shoulders, chest, back, and so on. But for the "based-type" that is grounded type, the thruster is covered with special rubber seal, and the main engine thruster also has not been installed for this mode.
3. Cradle beam (beam Katar): This is the holder untuksenjata beam that is close combat, since this beam has a shape that is large enough, and therefore designed a special folds so that this beam could be at capacity in a limited space, but since almost all the space in the arm used for mounting the beam, then the special motion system at hand does not use hydraulic propulsion as the legs, but uses an electric motor system independently on each joints, there is also a spring on the hydraulic arm as in the feet, is intended that when shot, the vibrations generated weapons do not damage the joints of the arm, hydraulic spring also serves as a stabilizer for the accuracy of the more accurate shots.
4. Cooling: This is a holder for the main engine radiator, because this part is very risky, so in this section is also coated by a layer of bulletproof.
5. Additional Weapon holder: holder that works for additional weapons such as the gatling gun, rocket launcher (SAM), and others.
6. Additional cooling: the cooling function is almost similar to the previous, but this does not put on a radiator. has the task of optimizing cooling.
7. Jammer: useful to randomize the radar signal opponent.
8. Spot Scanner: useful to optimize the target lock, so the presence of the enemy could be quickly known.
9. Radar: useful as a detection target, and is useful also as an amplifier jammer.
10. Armor Plate: thickness and has a special material made of "Carbonated Avalon Alloy" so that it remains strong but lightweight, has a form of armor that is "angled" or "tapered" so that they can reflect enemy projectiles and in minimizing damage to the inside of the main engines. This armor will also be installed reactive armor.
11. Knee pad: useful to protect the joints of the feet, and also as a counterweight when the position of "kneeling" in this section will also be installed reactive armor.
12. Rail binder: Useful as a divider joints, it is useful to enhance flexibility in the legs when moving.
13. Hydraulic Protector: This recall risky part is damaged, therefore it is necessary protective able to cover the joints on the soles of the feet.
14. The hydraulic spring bBelakang: have the most extreme point of the curve, this allows Ex-G to perform the complicated positions like kneeling.
15. Rail spring: hydraulic system with a rail system, will minimize vibration and make mobility more stable, this rail system can be locked "when certain".
16. Cockpit: The place to hatch located on the rear cockpit, but still opened in the atasmya, but basically the position of the cockpit in the middle, with a position in such a way that allows the cockpit to escape in an emergency.
17. Main Thruster: This is used thurster only limited to jumping and sliding, allows to perform a responsive motion dodge. thruster above there is a slot for an additional part on setipa different types.
18. Reflector Shield holder.
19. Emergency Floodlight.
20. Rear Floodlight. * Function part 19 and 20 can also be as Morse code.
Another conceptual design/model sheet for the Theos animation project. This fella is actually not some hulking mecha someone rides in it's a bio-mechanical entity closer to a cyborg in some ways but still something quite different. It’s the same race of creature that the little mech in the IO Diner piece is from. These guys are combat machine for a future not really Germany nation called Germane. Clearly I had fun with some WWII aesthetics and cammo patterns but unlike the Sfikas these guys are cell shaded with heavy weathering which is the direction all future designs for this project will head. The hats have a locking snap which can unlock if combat is imminent as the hats are only for formal dress and rank. You can't go around fighting with a hat in your mechanical eye, no? Much of these designs will probably get tweaked even further once we're ready to pitch this show, there's plenty of time as we're in the middle of working on another show project for an ad company in Arizona.
Finally I'm done with this. Been taking too long with it. Rough drawings were marinating in my sketchbook for about a year now lol. Supposed to have drawn in the vehicle mode in the background but I'll leave that as something separate for now. Now for a try at a bit of the story to go along with the pic.
The "Phase Phoenix" is a prototype "Armored Mechanical System". Only a few were built. The first prototype was larger but not much is known about it since it mysteriously vanished and the other prototypes are thought to be destroyed by sabotage.
The Phase Phoenix includes an ability known as "phasing". Phasing creates a field that causes any matter within it to vibrate at a particular frequency. This vibration is so intense that it can cause matter to shift in and out of this dimension. Phase tech is unpredictable and can have unexpected results.
The Phase Phoenix is also capable of (ridiculously) separating into 4 smaller flying vehicles; 2 main ships that are piloted and 2 independent drones that have an artificial intelligence system built in to assist the two pilots.
The pair of pilots are some of the last remaining members of an organization called the "Galactic Hounds"(?). At its prime, the Galactic Hounds were filled with mercenaries and treasure hunters from around the galaxy.
[Edited 6-8-09:] Edits to contrast/brightness and other bits.
Finally! Mecha galore is back and I got 2 here for show and tell! First, we have here a VRE Executioner unit: Batou, which means horse head in Sanskrit. The Batou is a super type assault unit, which serves as an artillery unit with powerful firepower and capable of transforming into a tank. She can also carries 4 mechs together with her tank form in order to provide mobility and deployments.
Thought I should start getting some concepts going for the mecha in the story.
This is Hiro's (commander's) Unit from the "Wolves" class of SF Cavalry Mecha. (First concept)
Outfitted with Broad-Spectrum Counter Measure CS-39's on the shoulders, a light assault rifle in the right hand, a custom alloy 469-d field sword, and a PL-equipped Handgun (shown with attached pike-bayonet) in the left hand.
Also various flares, chaff, rockets, grenades and further munitions located in shoulders, legs, etc.