Hints and Tips for drawingTips and Hints for Drawing.Hints and Tips for drawing4 years ago in Scraps More Like This
1. Make sure you have all the equipment you will need, makes for less distraction and makes life a little easier.
2. Set yourself up somewhere comfortable; you might be there for a few hours.
3. Put some background music on; silence is deafening.
4. Mentally prepare yourself before you start; get in the mood to draw.
Think about what surface is underneath the paper you are going to draw on; if it isn't smooth place something underneath the paper to lean on. Otherwise the pattern, bumps or grooves of whatever you are leaning on will show up on the paper.
5. If you are doing a still life set that up in front of you with a clear background and good lighting.
Everyone has different Preferences to what equipment they use. In general this is what I use:
1. Some nice Thick good quality paper; is really nice to draw on.
2. Pencils; I use different pencils when drawi