Here’s a set of pencil brushes I created for Photoshop (versions CS3 to CS6) that re-create a more traditional sketchy look. I’ve always wanted some decent pencil brushes for Photoshop, but I could never really find what I wanted, and there’s SO many brushes floating around these days, it made it even harder to find what I was after. The solution? Make my own, just like I did with the hard square brush I posted a while ago!
NOTE: These will NOT work in Photoshop CS2 or lower
1. Extract sketchyfun pencils CS5.abr or sketchyfun pencils CS6.abr from the ZIP file you just downloaded. Extract it to your desktop or a folder you can get to easily.
1. Create or open a a new image
2. Select the brush tool then right click anywhere on the document window.
3. Click on the small arrow or cog button (depending on your version of PS) in the top right corner of the brush panel that appears, then choose Load brushes. (You can also choose Replace Brushes if you wish to replace your palette of brushes with the ones you're about to select)
4. Browse for the Photoshop brush file that you just extracted (CS5 or CS6 depending on your photoshop version�) then click OK
peach rings in strawberry pudding. You cand download this PS action + beforeandafter images for free. I hope you like it guys (:
Just click on the right and download the file (made in Photoshop Image Ready CS2)
Credit me if you use this action, this is required (in your artists comments or in your credits page if you used these actions for an image outside deviantart.com). Do not copy, edit, publish, transmit or reproduce in any way. *made with PS Image ready CS2 (.isa file)
In case you are interested on knowing how I created this image, you can download the .PSD in small resolution to know my step by steps. (Please do not post this image in any other place and claim it as your own. I only provide the .psd for those of you that want to know the whole process I used and learn something from it) (.PSD = leaning the basics about lighting and using gradient colors on the overall image)
I've been promising to release the brush pack for a while and it's time to deliver on that promise. Here's a full set of brushes I use, used or might use in my works, most of it I gathered over last few years. Some of the brushes you'll find in this set I've adopted from other artist sets, including: Jaime Jones, Mathias Verhasselt, Danny LuVisi, Shaddy Safadi and more. Feel free to do whatever you like with them, I feel like it's one of few ways I can contribute to our artists community
Edit: Some of guys that work in PS4 had problems in importing this brush pack - I think it might be related to mixer brushes that were introduced to Photoshop in CS5. Re-uploaded new brush pack without those brushes in it (they were standard to CS5 and CS6 anyways).
These brushes are for Photoshop, and the above video will explain the setup and format of the brushes, which need to display as large thumbnails, with 9 brushes per row.
They are a combination of brushes I've made myself and those culled from friends, colleagues, and other great artists. A lot of them might have bizarre names, but they're all categorized so it shouldn't be a problem.