Writing Tips - OrganisationWriting Tips - Organisation5 years ago in Writing More Like This
Writing Without Confusing Yourself (Or Your Readers)
Writing is a very personal, individual undertaking. Everybody approaches the activity a bit differently from the next guy. Some people can come up with concept, plot, characters, and everything else and just sit down and write. Others need to take time to figure out what's going on; what's going to happen in the story, and how it all fits together. Others still will find themselves getting stuck somewhere along the middle, losing track of everything or changing an idea mid-way through, or never know how to end. These are the people for whom this has been put together. Those of you who can barrel through a story overnight are still welcome to look, though.
There are different ways in which a writer can and will get stuck on any given piece. Motivation, immediate environment, too few (or too many) ideas available, lack of organisation; the list goes on, but life is short and I am lazy. The sticking point that we're going
Plot Saver ListPlot Saver List5 years ago in Writing More Like This
1. Kill a main character.
2. Send your characters on a journey.
3. Have your characters lose an important item.
4. Have a character go crazy.
5. A volcano erupts nearby.
6. Your characters stumble on a key.
7. Your characters throw a man off a bridge.
8. Your character gets drunk.
9. Your character finds a lost child.
10. Your character is attacked by a bandit.
11. Your character develops a crush on someone.
12. Add a new character.
13. Your main character trips and breaks his/her arm.
14. Characters argue over milk.
15. Have a character say I am afraid I have lost my watch
16. Write a scene that takes place in a boat.
17. Have a character who wears glasses break them.
18. Have a character play pool.
19. Kill a duck.
20. Use a fire in your novel.
21. Send in the ninjas!
22. Add a one-night stand.
23. Get your characters lost in the forest.
24. Your main characters mother dies.
25. Two characters kiss.
26. One character walks in on two others having sex.
27. A supporti