Here I am looking way back at a rig I made in 2006-07 for a National Geographic film called Sea Monsters a Prehistoric Adventure. I was really proud of this rig, has a lot of controls and dynamic wings too.
A flash animation showing 6 stages of this piece over the years. The process is, I think, almost impossible to decode because it included so much experimentation, vision and revision, and learning from mistakes. It rather looks more like it evolved organically than records a planned process of execution.
While I was working on it I'd change my mind about what I wanted to do, and so everything else would change along with it.
Note that the first one is already fairly far along. The lizard was a real pet of mine that passed. The head is the same picture used twice, and it's me, though obviously distorted.
Finally, I've revised it once more since I did this animation…