A Handful Of Flour-must readAs I sit here, I cry a tearA Handful Of Flour-must read11 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
Something horrid happened
1849 was the year.
Beautiful, scared Lake County
Was the place of horror
A handful of flour was the bounty.
You see, two men had Pomo's work
The horses, the fields, whatever really.
Kelsey and Stone, both were jerks.
Raping children was fun and games
If parents said no they were hung from a tree.
Oh, the endured so many shames.
For the hours they toiled they were paid
Four cups of flour to feed huge families.
Onto rocks at night their heads laid.
As it came to pass, two Indians had a plan
Steal some horses last at night
One buffalo would feed many a man.
Something went wrong, I don't know how
But Old Stone and Kelsey wound up dead
Listen closely it gets really bad now.
Three weeks came and then they went
The Pomo's feared the days and nights
That the soldiers will be sent.
They started to feel safe and sound
But they kept a watch out
They knew they'd be around.
Finally the US Army came over the hill
Everyone hid in the lake with tul
You can if you want tooYou can hate me if you want tooYou can if you want too9 years ago in Traditional Fixed Forms More Like This
I don't mind one bit
I've heard it all before
And I don't mind it
You can yell at me if you want too
I've learned to close my ears
I don't pay attention anymore
To anything you think I hear
You can hit me if you want too
I've learned not to feel
If you go numb inside
It makes it easer to heal
You can break things if you want too
I'll just buy everything new
It'll make it easer on me
Once you say we're through
You can cry if you want too
Tears will make you feel better
I'm sure your new slut will love it
When you go crying to her
You can say nothing if you want too
Sometimes silence is the key
Words don't mean anything
When a broken heart is plain to see
You can hate me if you want too
It's the natural thing to do
Just remember for what I did
I hate my self too
ButterflyShe floats on the windButterfly8 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
like she owns the air she rides,
but dont disturb her.
Shes fragile, that butterfly.
The myriad of bright colors
that grace her lovely wings
are her only defense as
her threats are bold, but empty.
She flies upon disguised wings,
that tragic little butterfly,
hoping for the winds strength,
that escape is where it lies.
Until the color bleeds,
and wings tear unto all,
by showers of tears
that were never meant to fall...
The bits and pieces
of red and yellow and black
float to the ground.
Theyre laying on the sidewalk.
You want to hold something precious
as she is to the naked eye,
but dont touch her.
Shes fragile, that butterfly.
InsomniaInsomnia10 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
When I was eight I couldn't sleep
Because Bloody Mary lived in my mirror.
The pallid ghost with bloodshot eyes and stringy hair
Who claws your eyes out if you say her name.
Bloody Mary still lives in my mirror
But she goes by a different name:
I am fully alert and wired
Two halves of my brain are engaged in a battle of epic proportions
One half tells me I should sleep
I have school tomorrow.
The other half counters that I have poems to write and pictures to draw
And if I don't release them from my mind,
They will be forever caged.
I don't even know which half of my brain I am rooting for.
Pitch black room
I lie, motionless, under mountains of blankets
But my energy cannot be contained.
The clock ticks
My brain jumps.
This is when I stand in front of the mirror and pick at my hair
Wishing my bone-straight locks were curly
And knowing full well that if my hair was curly
I'd wish it were straight.
I give up on my reflection, because
Nobody looks their bes
20 ways to annoy Naraku1. Shove your shoe in his face and ask if there's poo on it.20 ways to annoy Naraku11 years ago in Humor More Like This
2. Wear his baboon cape and say "I'm Naraku be afraid, nah!" in stupid voice.
3. Poke him in the eye, claim you found an eye lash and tell him to make a wish.
4. When he's in his "deep thought mood" sing annoying songs to ruin it ^_^.
5. Constantly play with his hair.
6. While he's sleeping, knock on his door screaming "wake up!" then run away.
7. Make sound effects to whatever he does.
8. Make monkey noises when he's wearing his cape.
9. Keep taking his baboon cape.
10. For that matter steal all his clothes.
11. ..Then wear them saying that their yours and you bought them at Wal-Mart.
12. Repeatedly ask him why he doesn't have a sword.
13.....point out that anyone that has a sword is cool...but he doesn't have one
14.Make faces at him.
15.Call him chuckles (kukukuku).
16.Make fun of his laugh.
17.Dress his wooden puppets in Barbie clothes.
18. Imitate him overdramatically (sound familiar?)
19.When he tries to command you
20 ways to annoy Inuyasha1. Yell, "Look its Kouga!" then laugh when he looks.20 ways to annoy Inuyasha11 years ago in Humor More Like This
2. Call him kitty man (^_^)
3. Constantly try to play with his ears.
4. Tell him you "accidentally" handed the Tetsaiga over to Sesshoumaru.
5. Play "keep away" with tetseiga.
6. Pants him (hehehe)
7. ...then ask him why he doesn't have a tail
8. Try to get him to do tricks for "treats".
9. Throw a stick and tell him to fetch.
10. Stare at him (he seems to hate when people do that).
11. Whistle when you call him.
12. Tell him "Due to economy...Kagome can't bring you anymore ramen...ever."
13. While he's asleep scream "Oh my god!!!! its Naraku!"
14. While he's fighting (with whomever), glomp him.
15. While he's asleep (again) spike his hair.
16. Disagree with EVERYTHING he says.
17. Sing "who let the dogs out"
18. When he's unconscious paint his claws...scary colors. (I would paint them hot pink and neon yellow)
19. Force him to dance with you.
20. Whenever he mentions Kikyo make disgusting gagging noises (*choke*…*gag*…*throwing up s
20 ways to annoy Kagome1. Make fun of her school uniform as she is never in school.20 ways to annoy Kagome11 years ago in Humor More Like This
2. Call her over by saying, "Hey Kik...I mean Kagome!"
3. Tell her she can't be around anyone because of her random diseases. (*snicker* Kagome=diseases, No Kagome=No Inuyasha)
4. Invite Kikyo over for a "visit". (GO KIKYO!! KICK HER...Erm...BUTT!!)
5. Talk about Inuyasha and Kikyo's relationship and how they're "meant to be". (*snicker*...*wink wink*)
6. Numerously mention the incident where she broke the shikon jewel. (And then she'll flip and kick your.........Butt...)
7...Suggestively point out its all her fault. (It's so true though...)
8. Say this when Inuyasha is around, "So I heard you and Hojo are going on a date", even though it's not true. (Laughs evilly)
9. Ask her if she tapes her skirt to herself as it never moves! (Honestly does anyone else notice this? I think she uses duct tape or something)
10. Yell, "Kagome!! I accidentally blew up the well!...Do you mind?" (Eh...She would not be able to get home...That's n
Bella's lullabyAs i laid there, still awakeBella's lullaby8 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
I heard his soft voice emanate
Oh how wonderful it was
and I loved it just because
It brings back every memory
of the day I turned eighteen
He sang me my own lullaby
that always made me close my eyes
I didn't dare to make a peep
As Edward's voice lulled me to sleep
And now I thank him once again
as I fade off to sleep with him
It almost makes me want to cry,
hearing my own lullaby
20 ways to annoy Kouga1. Tell him Inuyasha called him a b!#(& and say you agree.20 ways to annoy Kouga11 years ago in Humor More Like This
2. Tell him Kagome called him a b!#(& and laugh.
3. Point down and tell him you like his skirt.
4. When he battles say he's good but Inuyasha is sooo much better.
5. Whenever you see him howl like a wolf.
6. Accuse him of having a crush on Inuyasha because he visits so often.
7. ..When he retaliates by saying he only comes for Kagome nod and say "Yeah... riiiiight."
8. Drag him around by his tail (Isn't it cute?).
9. Inform him that Kagome is having Inuyasha's children (*snicker*)
10. Inform him that Kagome is having Miroku's children (Poor Miroku… he'll never know what HIT him).
11. Say, "oh my god Kagome died!!!"
12. Show up at the wolf's den and make yourself at home.
13. ..Then tell him that since your "Kagome's friend" he can't do nothing about it
14. Say, "Sooo...what do you wear under your skirt?" (Hehehe)
15. Dress up like Kagome and flirt like mad with him.
16. Dress Ayame up like Kagome and tell her to flirt like m
Myth of the ZodiansThe twelve signs of the zodiac were once beings, who walked the planet in ancient times. The beautiful, shy Virgo, the proud, arrogant Leo, the compassionate, stubbourn Taurus, the witty, capricious Gemini--all twelve signs walked the earth in the early days, and lived together in a small village.Myth of the Zodians10 years ago in Spiritual & Occult More Like This
After a time, when humans began populating the world, the zodiacs retreated farther and farther into the wild places, into the horizons. The humans never knew of them, but they felt them, and their seers could see them, and mistook them for what they are known as today. Needless to say, this was quite intriguing to the zodiacs. Gemini giggled in her breathy voice, and Aquarius smiled once she found out (which was much later as she was always dreaming). Pisces thought it was very wise of tham, and Leo just preened with Scorpio and Aries.
But time passed, and people lost their faith in Seers. Soon the time came when the zodiac of the humans was discarded as silly nonsense. This upset them great
Purple RosePurple Rose10 years ago in Typographical More Like This
She was born as a seed
A purple rose hidden in this world of savage sand
She lives, she sprouts
The pollen of India, rooted in Russia
A rare combination,
The family was broken
Bruising her roots
But she still grew
Shy at first, hiding her buds behind her thorns
Ah, how she loved her thorns
Her way of keeping the world at a distance
Soon came the day when she started to bloom
Blinding us all with her beauty
Broken PiecesThe broken pieces of your heart lay scattered on the ground,Broken Pieces9 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
Crushed by the heavy chains by which your soul is bound.
The jagged edges tear the blood from your hand
As you try to pick up the pieces to make it whole again.
The blood falls like raindrops in shallow pools upon the floor,
Staining your heart black and leave you needing more.
They mirror the tears in your eyes that always seem to fall.
They flood your soul to tell you that youre not okay at all.
You fall to your knees clutching whats left of your pride,
Bruised so badly by him that youre screaming inside.
Your confidence has run down like water down a drain.
Blinded by his promising words, you look back in shame.
He took his dirty knife and thrust it straight into your heart,
Carving bloody lines in his sort of macabre art.
You scream out to the heavens yelling make it go away,
Asking for deliverance from the memories of that day.
The broken pieces of your heart are gathered in your hands.
Staring at the a
AlwaysAlwaysAlways8 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
No matter what you do to me,
I shall always love you.
You will always be in my thoughts,
No matter what you do to me,
I shall always love you.
You will always haunt me,
Your face is forever in my head,
Daydreaming is DangerousI keep my guard up.Daydreaming is Dangerous8 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
Watch for the subtle movement of your eyes,
That tells me that you've noticed,
And sooner or later you'll turn and ask 'why?'
But that's really more of a statement,
That's clearly telling me to stop,
Staring at you with lovestruck eyes,
Something I rather like to do a lot.
But I'm safe for the moment,
Because you never, ever look my way.
That's probably for the best because honestly,
I really have no idea what I'd say.
Oh I can sit dream of all the smart things to say,
That would keep your attention all on me.
And then you'd like to get to know me better,
You see, in my fantasies, we were meant to be.
My thoughts are drifting now,
I've realized far too late and fleeting,
And I snap myself back to attention.
It won't do me any good to start daydreaming.
Because in reality, which is nothing like my dreams,
I'm not so smart or funny, and believe me I know it.
But I don't really need to worry too much,
Because you've never noticed.
Lamb and lion - foreverFlushed red cheeks and soft to the touch.Lamb and lion - forever7 years ago in Fan Fiction More Like This
I never knew I'd find a love as such.
I see the beauty in every step you take.
Holding on to you I'm afraid you will break.
But we are ruining the order of things, we shouldn't be.
I am dangerous for you, and you are dangerous for me
But still, it hurts so much to stay away.
So one more night I, by your side will lay.
One bite and you're mine forever.
Just the taking of a soul and we'll be together.
It seems so easy, but this I can't do.
I could never steal your life from you.
Don't ask me to do it, please don't tempt me.
There is more attracting me than the eye can see.
That smell of your blood holds me bound.
And oh, your laugh, such tempting sound.
I'm the predator and you are my prey.
It's hard to let you live just one more day.
The hunt would go fast, so little and weak.
But I just can't do it, you're special, uniqe.
I love you my dear, but you're going to live.
If I leave you, just try to forgive.
All I then do, it is for your own good.
Playing GamesHis dangerous ways caught her eye,Playing Games8 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
Long before she knew she was caught.
And in her head she still hears the warnings,
They told her, 'These things never work out.'
But he laughed at her fears,
Thinking she'd never catch on.
He said, 'It's your life baby,
You call the shots.'
And while he played her game,
Stripping her naiveté all the while,
She shot, 'Innocence never did captivate me,
Nothing like his smile.'
Simple charm works magic on the heart,
She discovered the hard way.
This was hardly her fairytale romance,
But she thought, 'It's too late to walk away.'
He was too much like a drug, and when he left,
She cried, 'I should have listened.'
She should have known that he was trouble,
When he told her, 'You don't know what you're missing.'
She could barely hear him whisper,
Over the precarious beating of her heart,
'You know you're not the only one I've broken,
But the only one I've managed to scar.'
breakdownI must not breakdownbreakdown11 years ago in Traditional Fixed Forms More Like This
I can't let anyone see me cry,
I'm a big girl now
I don't need you to wait by my side.
I can't hold on to my comforts
I'm too old to believe
I'm feeling so alone
Why can't someone hold me?
Everyone believes I'm strong
They can't see the lost soul inside
I need help, I'm disconnected
But I'm too wrapped up in my pride.
I'm getting dizzy
My head feels light
My sight is gone
I'm gonna end it all tonight.
I couldn't cope
Now everyone knows
They found me and my note
And my scars show.
I broke down
Now everyone knows
I lost control
I let my emotions show.
The Lingering ThirstThe Lingering ThirstThe Lingering Thirst7 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
I watch her,
The thirst for her blood making me angry.
She looks around, untroubled
By the fact that a monster wants to kill her
She glances at me with deep, brown eyes
And I know then that killing her isnt a possibilty
But, the thirst for her blood makes me stay away
I cant risk exposing my familys secret
Or murdering the one I love.