My contribution to the Eurofurence 2010 banner project, the (Rothschild) Giraffe. Giraffes are nifty. :3 She's wearing primarily beaded jewelry since the bead trade is an important source of income for Ugandan women, and Uganda is one of the few places this animal still lives in the wild.
This was hung in the main atrium of the hotel along with 10 others, to spell out the title of the convention. I'm incredibly thankful to have been included in such a grand undertaking.
Other banners in the project: The rest can be found on Furaffinity.
Finally decided to kick my ass and enter Dominance War contest! (For those interested it's at ->[link])
I haven't decided which race to design yet The list of races are:
Invoker, Clericon, Stalker, Warlord
Anyways here're the initial sketches~!
1) Stalker - A insect type concept that is fast and speedy and kill like an assassin
2) Invoker? - Just playing around with some messed up design - it's suppose to be a parasite like race that took over a human body (the body is and upside down human body with the bunghole as the month and ball chin )
3) Warlord - Personally I kinda like this one a bit over the others for some reason, the shoulder plate pushes together to form a massive protective shield for the fragile head/inner body, the rock like skin shifts around,etc
4) Invoker - It's a plant like concept that that sucks up energy and life (thus the skull knee and other skulls) which form strange plant like pod that holds the energy,etc
5) Clericon? - Just thought to go for a bit different approach rather then the badass type, so I made a minidood that's a plant type concept again, haven't decided exactly how it heals yet
6) Warlord? - It's a bit more a standard buff type concept, it's a insect lord, the armor are from the ruins of ancient roman temple that was once attacked by swarms of insects god, the hands,etc are form from countless flying critters,etc
Anyways if you guys have the time, to help me give a vote at my journal to help me decide which direction you think would be best maybe? It's still very initial design without much armor/weapon, playing with shapes,etc. Thanks!
Anyways, thanks for taking the time to look at my sketches, hehe I think it's the first time I submit non-finish stuff here -_- C ya!
Here's my official CGtalk Dominance War Thread [link]
My submission for the 2011 Anthro Calendar- the calendar theme is extinct animals and it features work by 15 different artists. This painting shows the Archelon, the largest sea turtle known to have ever existed.
For more information or to order a copy, go to [link]
Acrylic, 43.5 x 57 cm (17 x 22.5").
Archelon lived right at the end of the Cretaceous, so I took that as my cue for their somewhat volatile surroundings. These turtles had better swim away fast from those steaming undersea vents!
Commission for of her allegorical figure of the deadly sin Lust.
Oh, I forgot to mention, too, that this was another one of my color experiments. Warm light and cool shadow tends to be the general rule. I just upped the contrast, let's say, and did away with most of the local color. The original character hadn't been colored yet; I was allowed to pick my own. I ended up focusing on the quality and color of the light more than the color of the figure.