Robe à la polonaise made of dark purple taffeta with white stomacher. I'm wearing an old petticoat because I didn't manage to sew a matching petticoat in time for the event to which I wanted to wear this dress. The picture is quite small and the quality isn't the best because it was taken in a place that was only candle-lit.
Recently completed 14th century medieval gown. This is a female cotehardie, made of velvet and silk with beaded details and handmade buttons. The hat is a tressour crispinette, made of silk with pearls.
Photoshoot by Kostya Sirotkin LARP " Between eagles and crescent", Ukraine 2010 The dress is the stylization of 16th century. The whole costume consists of: crinoline, fatin skirt, blue skirt, blue corset(steel and plastic bonning), black upper skirt, black overcorset, undervest and pantaloons
Another shot, this time a little more artistic, of my Tudor dress. I love how the red wine color stands out form the green perfect background for the dress. Model: Me
Well this was my first costume, or anything actually, to sew. I had so much fun with it! It was very time consuming though. I created this costume out of Upholstery grade velvet and brocade fabrics.
The outer dress is the deep wine color and all of it is attached, it also laces up in the back.
I am planning on remaking the inner sleeves and the underskirt because, frankly, white does not work well at renaissance faires. besides I created the majority of the underskirt from broadcloth and I do not think It adds to anything so I am hoping maybe to do a thicker fabric.
The french hood was quick and easy to make and I am really pleased with the results. At frst I attached the veil to the top of the hood, that only weighed it down. I decided to move it to the headband area and it has worked perfectly.
I re-created the fore-sleeves, the pattern I used called for puffy fore-sleeves and frankly they looked too bulky fro an already bulky dress. I Simply took a few measurements of my arms and made slender sleeves that come to a 'V' at the end. They are gauntlet-style, and will be embroidered with white lace trim.
Underneath the dress I have on leggings, a 4 hoop hoopskirt, a bumroll and a corset. I need a new Tudor style corset (which I plan on constructing), the one I have is only a flimsy lingerie one. The bumroll I created from some thick tights I bought locally. I sewed the top together and stuffed it with scrap pieces of fabric then tied it around my waist, it slips off and on easily. The hoop skirt I got on ebay.
The white caplet is micro-suede and 100% waterproof, wonderful for chilly or rainy days. I got it from my good friends at Mystic Cloak & Tailor.
I say it is only 60% complete because I plan on doing some bead embellishments and as I stated before, remaking the underskirt. I also need to take in the bodice, its too lose for my taste. The custom sleeves I created need to be embroidered and fastened to the rest of the dress via ribbon ties.
In a few pictures I have on a sash, that was just for Christmas festivities that were taking place. Also the chain embellishments I have on in the picture were removed and replaced with some silver an pearl trim. I plan on adding ear bobs and a custom made Boleyn-style necklace with a silver "M".
Only thing I would change about this is the length of the trumpet sleeves, they are very very long and can be a bit annoying.