Like Father Like SonHe died slowly.
He died painfully.
He died alone.
Ludwig Eberhart's body was found mere hours after he was shot. An ambulance was called. He was pronounced dead on the scene, tossed aside like trash between the overturned garbage cans. Police were called. None came. Soon, people came to move his corpse. Faceless entities that were mere puppets, controlled by those who wore crowns. The ones who saw the deep crimson pools that reflected light like rusted copper ignored it. The ones who knew what happened falsified surprise and grief and made it into an art.
All too quietly, Ludwig was tossed into the back of the ambulance as if a broken toy that was to be taken to the secondhand store. Blank blue eyes stared upwards, as if the barrel of the gun was still hanging in front of him. The blood had stopped flowing from the wound in his chest, yet the clean metal floor was still stained and marred by the rented flesh, which already had begun its slow decomposition. As the door was cl
Law of plot WIP LAW OF PLOTLaw of plot WIP4 years ago in Introductions & Chapters More Like This
0) Anything and Everything is possible
1) Characters will always be pushed together. Always.
2) Even if the character does not want to go somewhere, he/she/it will be forced to. Even if there is another solution somewhere else.
3) Prisoners always carry lock-picking devices on their person, yet they are never searched by the captors.
4) Explosions are good.
5) Hair does not follow the rule of gravity.
6) There is always an enemy.
7) Side quests are abundant.
8) At least one person has a dark past.
9) The hero is not dead until the body is found. And even if the body is found, there is still a chance that the hero is alive.
10) The big bad guy always has some kind of ulterior motive or hidden plans.
11) Fate doesn't like to be defied, but through a bit of work, and a bit of luck, it can be thwarted, or at least skewed, from it's original intentions
12) There is always a price to pay
13) No matter how improbable, you will run into companions/enemies
14a) If a charact
99 of us is Failure"Get out."99 of us is Failure3 years ago in Introductions & Chapters More Like This
Felix stared down Coden, who just glared back. The Spaniard refused to move from the doorway, keeping it partially closed as he blocked the remaining space to see inside. He wore his baggy jeans, which fell just slightly below his boxer line. Instead of going shirtless - like he usually did at night - he wore a long-sleeved black shirt that went down over his hands. They wouldn't see what was hidden underneath.
"I said leave. No one wants you here." Felix warned, shifting his weight ever so slightly.
"My Trooper is here," Coden retorted, shifting as well, in case Felix decided to get rough. "Now let me in. I want to see him"
Felix shook his head again, and lifted a bottle to his lips, savoring the alcohol that burned all the way down his throat. "Yeah, well, he doesn't want to see you. Now get the fuck out." Ever since he learned what Coden had put Gale through on Fragment, he was loathe to let the Gypsus anywhere near the boy. There would be times when Gale tentativel