UPDATE: I have fixed bugs with the Minecraft, Deus Ex, and League of Legends Banners. Please download again!
UPDATE 2: ...and a bug with the JC2 banner. Fuck me. lol
I'm a guy who loves to display my games and so forth, but with the advent of digital gaming and distribution, I don't have boxes laying around that I can display. For some time I've been looking for something that allows me to display my games on my desktop in a way reminiscent of boxes on a shelf... or say, like the DDR interface, but never found anything satisfactory. So, I improvised and did it myself.
GameBanners is a collection of simple Rainmeter buttons created in Rainpad. The banners themselves are a combination of resources found around the internet put together in Photoshop.
This was created for personal use, so I don't intend to supply a lot of support. Nonetheness, if you need any help feel free to ask here and I'll see what I can do.
Steam games in this list are set up as Steam links. Non-steam games like Guild Wars 2 link to their respective folder paths. If you would like to link to a non-Steam game through Steam, follow these instructions:
1. In your steam library, right click the game and click "Create Desktop Shortcut." 2. On the desktop, find the shortcut. Right click it and select "Properties." 3. Under "URL," copy the entire line starting with "steam://" and ending in a series of numbers, which is the game's ID. 4. Right click the GameBanner you wish to change, and find the following line: LeftMouseUpAction = !Execute ["URL HERE"] 5. Replace the "URL HERE" text with the URL you copied from the game shortcut's properties window between the quotes. Save, and exit Notepad. 6. Right click the Rainmeter skin, and click "Refresh skin." 7. You're done! You're also free to delete the desktop shortcut you created, if you'd like.
If you would like to create your own banners using this style, you may use the PSD file here: [link]
Here are several Google and YouTube searches that will hopefully get you started on your road to personal enlightenment: "false flag terror" "false flag operation" "9/11 truth" "new world order" "bilderberg group" "council on foreign relations" "trilateral commission" "illuminati" "secret societies" "globalism" "federal reserve" "central bank" "world bank" "IMF" "Rothschild" "Rockefeller" "Warburg" "J.P. Morgan" "Jekyll Island" "america freedom to fascism" "Alex Jones" "the obama deception" "fall of the republic" "terrorstorm"
Here are some additional websites to visit to further your education:
Please visit [link] to have a look at what is offered in the Premium version or donate now by following this [link]
This application features:
- The ability to have weather forecasts from around the world (information provided by World Weather Online). With the basic version only one additional location is allowed. Please consider upgrading to the premium version if you wish to have more.
To cycle through the locations, simply click on the square dots at the bottom of the dialog. The first one will always be the local weather.
- Choose to update from every hour up to every six hours.
- Five day, extended forecast.
*This application requires version 4.0 of the .net Framework. Please make sure this is installed before running this application.
0.5.1.0 - June 06, 2011
- Fixed issue with images not appearing. Now includes the correct images for weather conditions.
0.5.0.0 - June 06, 2011
- Now using World Weather Online for grabbing weather information. This should hopefully be a more stable API and won't be subject to the changes seen with Google's weather API.
- Added Premium version. A donation of at least 2 dollars will unlock this version. Donations can be at the following link: [link]
Please be sure to enter the email address you'd like the serial code to be sent to when making the donation.
- The basic version now only supports 1 additional location. The premium version will support an unlimited amount of locations and will provide extended details for the current condition.
- Added night images for all weather conditions.
0.3.0.0 - May 31, 2011
- Fixed crash if added location is not valid. There is no notification other than invalid locations will not be added to the list.
- Added 'Auto startup with Windows' feature.
- Due to popular demand, added 'Override default temperature unit'. When enabled, you'll be able to manually choose which unit of measurement (Celsius / Fahrenheit) Forecaster uses.
0.2.3.0 - May 30, 2011
- Fixed possible crash when changing forecast location while Forecaster is updating forecasts.
- Fixed crash while updating forecasts if network connection is lost / not available.
- Fixed possible crash if current condition information is not available.
- Fixed bug where previously removed locations would re-appear after adding a new location.
- Fixed bug where previous additional locations would re-appear when all locations were removed.
- Fixed bug where the degree symbol was shown twice in the system tray's tooltip.
- Changed the Celsius / Fahrenheit abbreviation from "c / f" to "C / F".
- Added 'Select multiple locations' to remove in the setting window.
- Added 'Hit enter to add location' in the "Add location" and "Add local location" dialogs.
*I'm sure there's possibly some more fixes / additions but I can't think of them at the moment.
For those that have previously downloaded version 0.2.0.0, you should have received the update notification via Forecaster already.
0.2.0.0 - May 29, 2011
This is a very big update and I really hope I've fix as many bugs that were reported as I could without adding any new ones.
- Fixed 'XML error' that occurs with non-English characters. You should now be able to add cities that have accented letters like Nürtingen and Châteaudun for example.
- Fixed 'Text longer than 64 characters' error
- Fixed possible crashing when using basic theme on Windows 7.
- Fixed settings window not saving / using the 'Set update interval' feature.
- Fixed bug when deleting a city in the 'Additional locations' tab.
- Fixed crash when not connected to the internet. It will now let you know if there is an error when updating.
- Added tooltip when the mouse hovers over a page indicator.
- Added balloon notification when weather conditions change. Enable 'Show notifications when conditions change' in the settings window.
- Moved some elements around for more of a Metro look.
- Forecaster will now automatically use Celsius in countries that use metric.*
*Please let me know if this works as I can't necessarily test this thoroughly.
0.1.0.0 - Initial release. Probably has a few bugs but should be working mostly.
Please email any bugs reports to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Forecaster - Bug Report' in the subject line.