How to Make 2D Tile sets for games Part 1 + MoreHey everyone!How to Make 2D Tile sets for games Part 1 + More3 years ago in Personal More Like This
I just uploaded a new tutorial, the first in the series, all about making 2D tiles and tile sets for games!
Things covered in this episode:
- The anatomy of a basic tileset
- Setting up and using Photoshop's grid system for making tiles
- Using Photoshop's Offset filter to make tiles seamless
- Adapting a tiling texture into a tileset
- Some results of a finished basic tileset
- Thoughts and some opinions!
- I forgot to master the audio. Sorry if I sound just a tad muffly!
Also recently uploaded by Tyler Edlin, this video about perspective drawing where I also have a segment about how to make perspective grids in Photoshop!
By the way, have you been paying attention to my tumblr? I post stuff like this more often there, as I only see my DA journal as a means to communicate about mo