This is likely going to be the last shot of this Mera costume that I submit here, or at least the last one from this shoot, I do have a few more ideas for shots with this Costume (also I just plain like Mera). This is one of my favourites shots and after I made it my facebook banner I realised I didn't have it here.
Costume, wig and makeup all by me (I also made the crown)
Oh one last comment about this photo, the insanely white background that is in fact snow. lots and lots of snow.
This is the first preview shot from the Scarlet Witch shoot I did with Stillvisions at Fan Expo last year. I'm not a huge huge fan of how I look in this shot, but I do still like the shot none the less! Plus you can see most of the costume in this shot which is nice ^^ I can't wait to see the rest of this shoot!
Costume was made entirely by me, including the headpiece and the armlets This lovely photo was actually taken by ~stillvisions
I really wish I could take credit for this costume but alas I cannot, The entire costume was made for me by Heroes in Tights [link] who asked me to 'model' and help promoted them at Toronto Wizard World.
By god I'm super pale O.O... I need to get some sun
I can take credit for the tone of purple, the wig and my pistol bow though! Originally there was a colour mix up for the purple which was originally quite pink and there wasn't enough time to change to fabric, so I dyed the fabric to get a darker lavender which is consistent with the colour portrayed in most of the comic panels. Overall I love this costume, especially since this version is Huntress at her peek. I planed on doing a Huntress costume eventually so it worked out perfectly!
The bodysuit it made from a custom pattern drafted by myself. The suit has a combination of modified princess seams and angled hip darts to shape the suit and belly window. The bodysuit is made from black and white metallic spandex. The bodysuit has built in leggings for the sake of 'modesty' and comfort.
The boots are boot-covers created over a pair of combat boots. I used wet look purple spandex for the base of the boot and ribbed a section under the knee for detailing and to help keep the boot up. The strapping and lower shoe guard are made from purple vinyl. The knee pads are highly modified children's knee guards which I ripped apart, rebuilt and then coated in a semi gloss glaze.
The belts and pouches are made from the same purple vinyl. I created my own pattern for the pouches and engineered my own design for the belts. My belt buckle is made from resin marbled in black and gold.
My arm guards are altered children shin guards which I've heat formed, painted and altered to fit my arms. My cape clasps are resin casted and painted with a metallic gold. The cape is made from a lightweight poly-satin and the same metallic white spandex used on the suit. The bottom of the cape is heat sealed to allow the cape to flow in the wind.
The mask is made from craft foam, heat & bond and purple wet look spandex. I also sewed elastic onto the temples of the mask to hold it on. I created a paper mock-up of my face to get the spacing of the eyes, nose and jaw correct. Then I used the paper pattern to create a craftfoam mock-up to see how the heat forming would fit my face and to make sure craftfoam was the right material to use. I followed this up with cutting out a final copy of the mask from craftfoam, sewing on the elastic and applying heat and bond to the surface. I attached the wet look spandex to the heat and bond, then I cut off the excess fabric around the mask. I then heated the mask and molded it to my face.