I'm fine.Why do people keep telling me I'm quiet and shy?I'm fine.4 years ago in Urban & Spoken Word More Like This
Why do people keep telling me I'm a stupid loser?
Why do people keep asking me if I'm okay?
Why do people keep wanting to help me?
Why do I keep lying to myself?
Am I really okay?
Do I actually need help?
Why do I keep lying to myself?
I hate those words so much.
They are a lie.
I'm really not okay.
But who will listen and who will care?
I'm not okay.
The Horror of Our LoveThis was the end. My hands gripped the safety railing as slips of paper fluttered about me, their lustful words flying out to the ocean. I let them, glad to see them go. The grass rattled on the tombstones behind me. The drought had dried out all vegetation, leaving the town brown and hollow.The Horror of Our Love6 years ago in Horror More Like This
It didnt matter anymore. There was no one else. He had killed them all in an effort to reach me.
I was all that was left; it would only be a matter of time before he found me. I stood gazing out at the sea. Goose pimples raised my flesh and I crammed a hand against my forehead in an effort to stifle my mind. Something slapped my ankle and I jumped, looking down. It was another letter.
He had left me love notes on the headstones, each and every one, the adorations enough to make your skin crawl. He had come out of nowhere, pursuing me. When I made it apparent I would always refuse him, he retaliated.
Now I was all that was left. I picked up the letter. It flapped against my finger
Network Races: NymphsRACES OF THE NETWORKNetwork Races: Nymphs1 year ago in Profiles More Like This
TERMS- HISTORY - POPULATION - RACIAL FEATURES - TODAY - NOTABLES
- 'Nymph' is the general term. Major classes of nymphs are those of water (naiad), vegetation (dryad), land (oread), caves (lampad), and fire (igniad).
- 'Nymph' can have nudge-nudge-wink-wink connotations, so they're alternately called elemental humanoids by the politically correct and the stuffy.
- Are traditionally referred to with female pronouns though they're not inherently gendered beings.
- Technically they're not a race or even a species, because they have no hand in the creation of new nymphs and existing nymphs have nothing like a social society or culture. If anything, they are a sporadic natural phenomenon that happen to be self-aware.
- Nymphs are sentients that come to be in places of concentrated natural magic. (Such places are the result of the Network's closely overlying neighbor dimension- which leaks the mad
UnconditionalUnconditional3 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
“There's nothing wrong with you baby.”
“Then why do they all pick on me?!”
“They just don't know any better.”
“Well can't someone enlighten them?! I'm sick of living like this!”
“It doesn't matter what they think sweetheart.”
“I know! I don't know why I still care but...”
“I promise you, it'll get better.”
“How do you know...?”
“Look at me baby.”
“You're perfect just the way you are.”
“There's got to be something wrong with me...”
“No baby. Who you love is your business, and it's not a decision you can make. It's made for you when you're born, and there's nothing wrong with that. You're no different from anyone else. You're beautiful and perfect just the way you are, and I will always love you. I promise.”
“Do...do you really mean that...?”
“With all my heart.”
A.S. SuicideThere are million guns at you.A.S. Suicide2 years ago in Traditional Fixed Forms More Like This
Wouldn't you pull your own trigger?
S.O.P.A. AlphabetThe alphabet of SOPAS.O.P.A. Alphabet3 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
S is for silence. Which is what will happen to most of the internet
O is for oppression. Which is how this bill could be viewed
P is for politics. From which this thing was formed.
A is for Act, which is what we must do
Let's make sure Sopa is not passed.