This is my senior thesis! All wok was done by me over the past... gosh, 16 months or so I guess. Work was done in Maya. It's the capstone project at Ringling College of Art and Design, and I'm very excited to be finished! Whee!
EDIT: OMG DAILY DEV?! This is awesome! Thank you SO SO much to =virpo for the suggestion, and to ^NikiVandermosten for the feature! I really appreciate it.
A suffering creature who is trapped within its vicinity unintentionally attracts the attention of an artistic boy.
Characters animated in Adobe Flash, backgrounds painted in Adobe Photoshop, everything compiled in After Effects.
Its been a very long time since I first mentioned Minty Marrows. But now its done!
This was my final year project which I did during my time at RMIT University. I experienced lots of stress and lack of sleep during this project, but at the same had lots of fun and learnt a lot doing it.
Anyone who has seen the test clip of Minty Marrows will realize how different it ended up. Hee hee.
My senior student film! Of Ringling College of Art and Design. This took a little over a year to make. The 2D animatic for it is located on my website, randa-rivera.com. There are a lot of things I dislike about it, but it's more or less done and I'm not touching it again. XD No one could PAY me to take that year again! Created in Maya, rendered with Pixar's Renderman. I don't think I used zbrush, but I used a little mudbox, photoshop, and headus UVLayout.
The birds' names are Dawn and Duncan, and they were inspired by Bower birds.
My third year animation final for SVA. Took me a long time to finish and I would like to thank all those that helped me on it XD. I CAN COUNT THEM WITH MY FINGERS! ON ONE HAND! LILI, KATE, and MARIA. THANKS A BUNCH ROSES AND KISSES . . . ew.
My friend and I completed this video for the San Francisco indie-rock band LoveLikeFire for their upcoming single "William."
It was done in a month using Flash, Photoshop and After Effects. We drove to San Francisco and took photos of the city to use as bases for the backgrounds. Once we had a shot list written out, we went about making a cut of the timing using the raw photos. After we had finalized the shots we were using, we then cleaned up and recolored the photos in Photoshop. Using the timing video as reference, the characters were animated in Flash over the final backgrounds and exported in layers out to After Effects. Some shots were finished all in After Effects, some all in Flash; it was a very shot-per-shot project, but also a ton of fun to work on.
Be sure to check out LoveLikeFire and their music! They are incredible, and if you are in the CA area they will be playing shows all through January... [link] Their label is Heist or Hit Records... [link]