20 Reasons Why I Hate Twilight1) It's poorly written. Stephen King can back me up on SMeyer being a horrible writer.
2) Those are not vampires, they're sparkly fags. And by fag, I don't mean gay, I mean fag.
3) Edward is a 107 year old virgin. Can you say pathetic?
4) Bella has no redeeming qualities; she's a very weak main character. Physically she isn't strong. She can't run away right even; she trips too much. She's not smart, either, she's almost brain dead (come on, how long did it take her to figure out Edward was a vampire again?). She's not very pretty. She's not nice; she treats her friends horribly, and wants nothing to do with normal boys who aren't monsters. Somehow, everyone loves her, despite all this, which only makes her even more dislikable.
5) There is no plot. Or, if there is, it was so small I missed it.
6) Edward is abusive and a stalker.
7) Bella has absolutely no opposition to Edward stalking her. (In Buffy the Vampire slayer, Buffy tells Angel that girls don't like being stalked. She actuall
He Is Not An Edward.He is not an Edward.He Is Not An Edward.5 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
He doesn't stare at me every minute he is with me.
Or smell my hair and watch me sleep.
Won't follow me, like a lost puppy,
Sometimes, he'll even walk away.
He doesn't love me for my faults,
It's in spite of them.
He'll notice pretty girls, even think of
When he laughs at me, it's because I'm silly,
The thought of me getting hurt does not bring tears to his eyes.
He would not die if I died,
He is not an Edward.
And I am not a Bella.
We are real.
Our love is real.
Is more important, and genuine
Than idealistic, impossible fantasies.
I want a Sam.
Top Ten: Why Twilight sucks.1.Stephanie Meyer can't write. And I'm not saying that because of what Stephen King said. I don't care what Stephen King said. Let's recap, shall we? She uses the same words such as "icy", "cold", "marble" and "his beautiful face" over and over. She describes Edward in extremely unnecessary detail. Honestly, if she took out all those descriptions of Edward, the whole Twilight "saga" would fit into one book. She includes totally useless information that NO ONE (except for maybe the crazy fan girls) cares about. I don't give a damn if Bella rode to Forks with her mom's car windows rolled down! Really, I don't. Also, this so-called-saga has no real plot to it whatsoever. And no, romance does not count as a "plot." Romance is a genre. A genre which involves a plot. It has no real characterization either. Sure, Bella may turn into a vampire, but did she really learn any life lessons, or become a better person because of her experiences? Of course not! Which brings me to mTop Ten: Why Twilight sucks.5 years ago in Editorial More Like This
Tips From Edward Cullen1. When it comes to picking a girlfriend, it's the smell that counts.Tips From Edward Cullen4 years ago in Philosophical More Like This
2. Girls go for a man who is unpredictable. The more changeable you are, the more you appeal to them.
3. Girls find it inconceivably attractive when you just sit and stare at them all day.
4. Everything that goes wrong is the girl's fault. If you have a violent temper and suffer occasional outbursts, that's her fault, too.
5. Once you snag a girl, she is entirely your property. Finders, keepers!
6. You must show off your sparkliness at least ten times a day.
7. Always tell a girl no; she thinks that means "yes" and "go away" means "I'm all yours, baby!"
8. Use big, sophisticated words to make yourself sound more intelligent.
9. Your girlfriend should be with you, and no one else. That includes friends and family.
10. Your only real goal in life is to lounge around and look pretty.
Things I Learned from TwilightThings I Learned from Twilight6 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
1. It's perfectly okay for your boyfriend to emotionally and psychologically abuse you as long as he's hot.
2. If you are a woman, you must have a man to be your breadwinner. Also, children=success.
3. It's okay to use guys who like you for your own purposes when you have no real intention of dating them.
4. Anti-feminism is cool. Suffrage is so 1920.
5. Vampires aren't bloodsucking monsters. They're misunderstood, angst-filled immortals of immense beauty and power.
6. Humanity is overrated. Who wouldn't want to repeat high school five million times during their immortal life?
7. Stalking=love. Remember guys, girls love it when you watch them sleep without their consent. It's not creepy or illegal at all. It's flattering!
8. No girl wants a guy who's nice to her. Given the choice between a nice, caring guy and a brooding, emotional jerk, the girl will choose the jerk.
9. Having ambitions besides hanging out with your boyfriend and giving up your life for said boyfriend is
Real Vampires Vs. TwlightReal: Fangs ripping open the neck of a whore, sucking out her blood until she's a shriveled up corpse.Real Vampires Vs. Twlight5 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
Twilight: Teeth used to munch gently on a bunny rabbit.
Real: Skin burning painfully in the rays of the sun until the entire body is consumed in fire.
Twilight: Skin sparkling.
Real: A forbidden love that can never be, creating eternal suffering.
Twilight: A teenage lust of a couple months.
Real: A creature constantly having to outsmart the newer generations of vampire slayers and their cursed wooden states of death.
Twilight: An all powerful godmoding creature that can never ever be killed, unless by another vampire, but even then wins because it's just so gosh darn powerful.
Real: A bloodthirsty beast.
Twilight: A cute cuddly teddy bear.
Real: Enjoys masochistic or sadistic activities, or both.
Twilight: Is "emo."
Real: Sleeps in a grave or a coffin, usually in a huge mansion all by their lone
Twilight RantTwilight, it seems, has taken the world by storm. The series by Stephenie Meyer has become a best seller and has even been made into a movie Yes, the "it" thing right now just makes me weep for what has become of the world of literature. A series about a completely useless, pathetic ordinary girl falling in love with an, apparently, perfect-in-every-single-way-and-we-need-pages-upon-pages-reminding-us-of-this, sparkling, creepy, abusive, vampire which was all based upon a dream that Meyer had someone pinch me, please, I must be dreaming. Oh, if only.Twilight Rant7 years ago in Reviews & Guides More Like This
I am an avid reader, and have been as long as I remember, and in particular I love fantasy and supernatural novels. I am a huge, huge, HUGE fan of vampire novels and read as many as I possibly can and I find most of them quite enjoyable, albeit there were one or two that just made me roll my eyes at their predictability.
Anyhow, back onto my original point. Twilight. Twilight is not what I classify
My Reasons Why Twilight SucksMy Reasons Why Twilight Sucks5 years ago in Reviews & Guides More Like This
Reasons Why Twilight Sucks:
1. Bella Swan: If I could summarize her personality in a sentence, I'd have to say this: She's a whiny, bratty, emo Mary-Sue who has no respect for ANY of her friends or family, and can't make up her mind about who to go with. My fish has more intelligence than her.
2. Edturd Cullen: He is an abusive 100-year-old creep. If I might add, he is a freaking CHIN that farts sparkles.
3. Harry Potter > Twilight. 'Nuff said.
4.Stalking and watching someone sleep is NOT romantic.
5. Even the character that plays Edward doesn't like Twilight. Sounds to me like a BURN.
6. "Oh Jacob, even though you probably would've treated me better than Edward, I'm still going to go w/ my beautiful lovey-dovey Eddie-poo. Here, I'll make it up to you though! I'll give you our baby daughter!"
7. Bella's a terrible role model.
8. The series encourages pedophilia, teenage pregnancy, suicide, brattiness, etc.
9. Give it up, fangirls. Edward (or Jacob, whatever) will NEVER marry you. Keep
as i cry sanctuary.the world is ending; i am borne in the bloodshed. i am stretching awake from the locked arms of the corpses, the froth of the raging sea dripping from the ends of my hair. i am naming myself death and sleeping in graves, molding sprawling metropolitan dreams from the loose sand behind the tombstones. the timeline of my hourglass is a snake swallowing its own tail. i am infinite; in this finite world, i am nothing. i watch the maddeningly swirling chaos of human destruction below the soles of my feet without a shudder. i touch the mirror and see wormholes in space. i press frayed emotion against the base of my skull and pray to science in the name of osmosis. i am whole and beautiful. i see everything; i feel nothing.as i cry sanctuary.5 years ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
i am the night sky thief. i burglarize the heavens and paint them on my bones. during the day, i feel the morningstar dripping down to splatter on my pelvis, drawing forth warmth with a liquid pull from the sprawling roots in my belly. i am a statue caught forever in a m
Anti-Twilight EssayI think now is a good time to discuss one of the newest "threats" to society: Twilight. "A love story with a bite".... Or is it? On the surface, Twilight may seem "perfect" but it hides about a thousand flaws. Let's start with the first chapter of the horror: Twilight itself.Anti-Twilight Essay5 years ago in Reviews & Guides More Like This
"I'd never given much thought to how I would die- But dying with someone I love sounds like a good way to go." - Bella, Twilight preface
What a way to start a book, eh? "Oh, hey... You're gonna die! Have a nice day!" I mean, sure, some books start like this but at least they don't make it ROMANTIC.
Now.... Skip ahead, skip ahead. Blah blah blah... Ok, now Bella's at school... Eww.... She's even making the teacher blush. *shudder* How many boys have fallen for her already? One, two... nine.. ten.. And don't even get me started on Edward... *shifty eyes* And Bella says she's "treading water"... *shudder* Of course you'd say that with all these men wrapped around your little finger. "I had no practice deal
Life Lessons From Bella Swann1. You should always address your parents by their first names.Life Lessons From Bella Swann5 years ago in Philosophical More Like This
2. Pay no attention to the kids at school. No matter how friendly they are, no matter how many times the girls invite you to sit with them at lunch and team up with them on the weekends, no matter how many times the boys ask you out, you know you're stupid, ugly, clumsy, and totally worthless.
3. Your problems are everybody's problems. Whatever affects you should affect them in every aspect.
4. With boyfriends, it's all about physical looks. It doesn't matter if they're pushy, meddlesome, pretentious, self-absorbed, and dictatorial, as long as they're insanely attractive.
5. Edward is hot. Edward is beautiful. Edward is gorgeous. Edward is perfect. Edward is hot. Edward is every girl's dream come true. Edward shines like a thousand diamonds. Edward is hot. Edward is inhumanly handsome. Edward is eye-catching. Edward is an angel and a devil all rolled into one. Did I forget to mention Edward is hot?
6. It's inherently wrong
we are eternity.Tell me, darling, how do we best count time?we are eternity.5 years ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
If you wish, I can reboot my system so we might run through the system and backed up files until we come up with the hard answer. We can have it in Eastern, Central, Pacific or Neverland and still be left with empty numbers. We can cross-divide and carry over our hearts, add the sum of our parts until we're nothing but decimal points flashing on the ambiguous screen. We can disconnect and rewire, throw our cyber-smiles against the wall until it's been reduced to springs and forlorn beeps of the dying machine.
Still, we'll have our answer: thirty days.
Or, if you prefer, I can break my poet's tongue in two and bleed words all over the hungry sheet of paper. I can write sonnets of the wind winding across the continent and limericks of the wolves howling for our distance. I can write songs to make stars weep in the clichéd sky of diamonds. I can compose you poems with phrases strung so daintily together that your nerves will bind and your
skewed perceptions.it sounds poetic.skewed perceptions.5 years ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
sitting here with the window open and my hair knotted at the nape of my neck and cotton twisted around my torso, it's easy to think i'm pouring cool wine from my lips and plucking ambrosia from clouds. it's easy to think that when i'm speaking of love, i'm whispering in voices of the riverbank and looking at the not-yet-visible stars with a glazed over wonder that can only stem from a deep-rooted and profound love of soil and earth. from far away, i might look a dream. i might look soft and sweet with cherry-lips and, even perhaps, diamond-eyes that click clichés off like the tearing of dog-eared books that you bought from the secondhand store to look well-read.
i might appear hazy or vintage with a sepia overtone that seeps from beneath my fingertips and turns the bloodied edges of my life into something manageable and cinematic. you might touch the rippling corners of my mirror and wonder, think, dream, imagine. you might imagine hearts thumping ben
How to Deal with Twilight FansHow to Deal With a Twilight FanHow to Deal with Twilight Fans7 years ago in Stories & Vignettes More Like This
A comprehensible guide to incomprehensible fans.
Many people against Twilight share the same reasons for disliking it. Its stereotypical, poorly written, and lacks any plot and originality. It has brainwashed millions of teenage girls and their parents and painted a false portrait of love. Men close to these twitards are held to higher standards of perfection. Young girls are setting themselves up for complete disappointment when they discover that no, boys are not made of gorgeous marble.
Many twitards respond with YOU SUCK OMG HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE THEM THEYRE SO HAWT. Some will give you a good verbal joust. Some will be relentless in their support and refuse to accept reason.
Here are some ways of dealing with rabid fans, that make them look very stupid, and make you look very, very smart.
1. Know that there is no reasoning with her
When voicing your anti-Twilight opinio
Stephenie Meyer Sucks Part 2I got Breaking Dawn on the day that it came out and was hoping that Meyer would somehow redeem the steadily deteriorating quality of the Twilight series. What a huge disappointment. I was even more disappointed when I found out how Meyer was responding to the criticism towards it. Then I discovered that she was writing Midnight Sun. I looked forward to that because, even though all of the books suck, they are a guilty pleasure and Twilight was the best of all of them. Then she stopped writing it! So, here I am, complaining about how these incidents are further proof of Meyer's suckage.Stephenie Meyer Sucks Part 26 years ago in Editorial More Like This
Breaking Dawn turned many Twilighters anti. A lot of them remained fans but refused to acknowledge it as canon. And then there are others who just eat up everything that Meyer craps out. There are many reasons as to why Breaking Dawn is the biggest literary fail produced by Meyer so far.
- Renesmee. Stupid name. Shouldn't exist. You said vampires couldn't have kids. WTF.
- Jacob imprinting on Renesmee WH
Twilight-Uncensored Ch.3ReviewTwilight-Uncensored Ch.3Review4 years ago in Reviews & Guides More Like This
Review of Chapter Three
By Stephenie Meyer
And so with a handful of Wonka Runts, I have returned once more to read an overrated book and give you five minutes of half baked amusement.
Last chapter left off with Bella in her truck, her panties in a twist as she got to learn what it felt like to have someone staring at her intensely. Her conversation with Mr. Sexy Face revealed that Bella is a self sacrificing saint, out to make her mom happy at her own expense. [You know, on top of being an honor's student, reading every book ever printed, and being the wife her dad needed.]
Chapter three picks up the next morning, Bella noting the snow and how much she wants to see Edward. That's normal, I suppose. When I was a young teenage girl in high school I was all over the handsome boys that .
Wait a minute.
I have to get my pink skirt and lace top on so I can slip myself into the story here. I have the legs for this. I really do. Just don't lift the skirt and we
the sun isn't a candle.you never did learn that beauty can't be painted on rotting ship hulls. decaying wood will always smell like the ocean's betrayal and the salted funeral salute of gilded words. swirling acrylics will only mask the bleak gray and bled-dry sinkhole of your chest. so, you can sit there and call yourself the queen of your world, the mistress of mystery and empress of lust, but you're taking on water and sinking fast and the imploding sea around you is the last grave your cat-eyes will ever witness. you're sinking like a stone in your hate and deception and the one hand that would have pulled you back is the one you gnawed off at the wrist.the sun isn't a candle.5 years ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
you see, you had the sun in the palm of your greased talons, the whole reason for expanding lungs stitched between your pores and you discarded it like secondhand news. you never did realize: he's the cause of the spinning axel and the foundation of rome and the song the stars sing to dusk-covered fields. oh, you were just too blind to absorb his light!
Every YouTube Fight Ever(This will almost certainly contain heavy profanity and the usernames used in this were pulled out of my own head and aren't any real people that I know of but if someone has usernames matching them then it's probably coincidental).Every YouTube Fight Ever5 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
SamusFan20 in the video description: This is my Metroid compilation of pictures in a slideshow featuring Samus set to Queen's "We Will Rock You." I hope you guys enjoy.
DisgruntledAsswipe87: Jesus Christ you're such a faggot. Why the hell would you post pics of a fictional girl and set it to Queen? Do yourself a favor and go get a REAL GIRLFRIEND, loser. Oh, and stop shaming such a great band with such a shitty video game and your BS imature antics at attempting to fap to it.
(In reply to DisgruntledAsswipe87) ConcernedStranger17: Hey, calm the fuck down, douchebag. If this person is so "immature," than what the hell are you doing on a video meant for a video game girl, anyway? I bet you were at home looking for something to fap to and found this and decide
Twilight-Uncensored Ch.1ReviewTwilight-Uncensored Ch.1Review5 years ago in Reviews & Guides More Like This
Review of Chapter One
By Stephenie Meyer
Years have gone since I've first run into a little thing called Twilight and now I've come to the part of the getting over it and letting kids have their fun, but in all this I've decided to trudge through this pile of shit and actually reread it for the first time since I took an exacto knife and cut a hole out of my only -stolen- copy.
Please note that I'm doing this not only for my own closure, but for your entertainment. I am reading this. I am not enjoying it, but I also want to lay to rest every beef I have with Twilight. [Though just the first book, the others can rot in hell.]
Lastly, I'll probably be dropping a lot of F-bombs and various other angry letter bombs. Deal with it.
Now, on with the horror fest, where we start with the preface.
As plain as you can possibly get, the preface of Twilight says nothing while saying a whole god forsaken paragraph. The tone of the paragraph honestly reminds me of w
sheep-wool covered lies.i ate your heart and reveled in the way it smashed between my molars like ripe grapes, the way i could feel the pulse beating between my clenched jaw, the life squirming in and out to stain my lips. i swallowed it whole and felt it beating like a drummer boy in the pit of my belly, your sorrow the beat i danced my day to. your misery was a lullaby i sang to myself at night, the sheep i counted when my eyes were closed. i could feel it in the way it seeped into my veins and tangled around my bones like weeds growing too fast to contain. i gloried in the power it gave me, the way i could pull your strings and make you dance, the way i could bloody your soles and your soul and at the end of the day when i slept in my bed, it was made of the gnashed bones and entrails you left behind.sheep-wool covered lies.5 years ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
is that what you want me to say?
if you want, i'll tell you about how i thrilled at the tears in your eyes. i'll tell you i manipulated the map to pull reality apart and create a fantasy for us to get lost in
30 Reasons Twilight SucksReasons Twilight Sucks30 Reasons Twilight Sucks6 years ago in Reviews & Guides More Like This
1. Bella is a horny Mary-Sue Queen.
2. Apparently, having a guy glare at you all the time makes them attractive.
3. Vampires sparkle.
4. Twilight shows a seriously abusive relationship as "true love".
5. The weather in Forks is inaccurate.
6. New Moon in a nutshell: "Angst angst, emo, cry, jump off cliff, AAANNNGGSSSTTTT ANGST ANGST yay we're together again!"
7. The entire series is a sexual fantasy.
8. The grammar is very poor.
9. Twilight has basically no plot.
10. Twilight is 150% sexist.
11. The author never researched any of the "facts" she put in the books.
12. The author glamorizes mental disorders, suicide, and stalking.
13. Twilight teaches that disrespecting and abandoning your family is OKAY.
14. The characters have very little background information.
15. Bella uses Jacob a LOT. Some friend she is.
16. Jacob sexually abuses Bella. Some friend he is.
17. Bella love love looovvveeesss Edward's smooth, sparkling, marble stone, pale,
How To Be NormalHow To Be Normal5 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
HOW TO SUCCEED AT BEING A NORMAL TEENAGER:
(In 15 easy steps!)
1. The first step in becoming a normal, bland, and spineless individual is very simple. Never think. About anything. Ever. If you have a thought, let it go. Let someone else think for you. Thinking is hard. Let someone else do it. Save your little conformist brain cells for something less difficult.
2. Now let's talk about music. You like unique music? Not anymore! You get to listen to the same generic, repetitive sound that everyone else does. You know, that one beat over and over with the words "Yeah", "baby" and "ooh" being repeated. Lucky you!
3. To be normal, you've gotta dress normal. If you're a girl, that means you wear leggings as pants and cut up your t-shirts so they just barely cover your chest. Uggs are a must, for any time of the year, including midsummer. If you're a guy, you wear the hem of your pants on the back of your knees. Overly violent band t-shirts for bands that you only know one song for is highly
Twilight EssayTwilight is not as important as you think it is.Twilight Essay7 years ago in Academic Essays More Like This
You know, I could say that and be done with this rant right now. However, its me and well, I actually like to prove my point. I have facts, unlike most who only rant about nonesense. Lets talk about the major problems: Mary Sueness, Cliches, and Grammatical Errors.
Bella is a Mary Sue
No shes not!! Youre wrong!! Youre just jealous cause you arent pretty like her!!11!!!one
Hmm you know, that might work if I didnt know what else to say or have anything to back me up. Lets just see what the dictionary has to say, shall we? (Please note though that the definition of a Mary Sue does vary and has become "muddied".)
A Mary Sue (sometimes just Sue), in literary criticism and particularly in fanfiction, is a fictional character with overly idealized and hackneyed mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as wish-fulfillment fantasies for thei