Medici castle was on a scale that was rarely built on these days. Three hours ride out of Argonia at a gallop, it sat atop a cliff set just in from the sea, proudly overlooking the de'Medici's traditional holdings to Argonia's west. The land had been in the family for generations, and their line could be traced back even further than that. They were a force in politics, a well-worn family name that would come to Argonia's aid when asked and their constant grip on land so close to the city proved that.
However, it hardly made the place more welcoming in the winter. While heavy tapestries were hung up over the windows and fires were stoked at all hours of the day, there was a distinct chill to the air that crept through the walls itself. Torches lined the corridors, their shadows spooking the servant's children as their shirked their duties. The entire affair, outside of the noble's wing, felt much like a
How to Make a Good RP PlotPlot IdeasHow to Make a Good RP Plot9 years ago in Scraps More Like This
I decided to list various ideas for plots. I was bored.
1. Someone changes genders.
2. Someone changes age (younger is better).
3. Someone changes species.
4. Someone dies.
5. Someone dead is revived (long-defeated enemies are best).
6. Someone is pregnant.
7. Someone has amnesia.
8. Someone disappears randomly (maybe kidnapping, or death, or invisibility).
9. Someone gets a deformity/ailment (vampirism, lycanthropy, blindness, muteness, deafness, broken limbs, ect).
10. People are warped to another world (may be Earth, may be made up).
11. Plot twist (someone had an affair/has children/old enemies/turns out to be a spy/ect).
12. Someone falls in love.
13. Someone loses their powers.
14. Someone gains powers.
15. Someone commits a crime (therefore gaining/adding to a bounty).
16. Someone is a bounty hunter (really only works around people with bounties).
17. A strange creature appears (might be a person in disguise, or is the pet of a character who has disappeared).
RP guideStorms role-playing help guide.RP guide7 years ago in Scraps More Like This
Youve just joined the chat room, everything is fine and dandy. Suddenly everyone says hi to you, but everyone says it inside brackets.
Whats going on? Have you gone insane?
Most certainly not! Youve walked into the chat during an rp session.
Rule 1) Dont panic!
If this is your first time role-playing, either in a chat room, or at all, then take a moment to read through this quick little guide to pick up some tips to help ease the experience for you. Hey! Even if youre an old hand, you still might enjoy reading anyway.
At some point or other, you probably will see all of these phrases shoot out from all corners. It helps to understand what they mean.
OOC: Out Of Character. In an rp, anything put in double brackets is OOC text. This means that it is you speaking, not your character.
IC: In Character. Anything your character says, does or thinks should be IC.
WB: Welcome back.