Initially I had plans to simply make these Plague Terminators appear big, fat and bulky - I Converted the Lord first (the one with the Corpse-Banner) and Seeing how pleasing he ended up, I went and made the rest of the squad! Modeling and painting these guys took me about two weeks, on and off.
The paintjob was tricky seeing as I had modeled them to appear truly filthy, I knew I'd end up with a simple naturalistic scheme in the end - The dark metal/rust complemented to dull, decayed nd bloated armour well, but there was something missing - That's when I added the static grass from the hero basing kits I had. I think that the static grass is the one thing that they needed to truly have that ''swamp'' feel to them, and though it contrasts the armour it doesn't some out as too much of a dominant theme.
I've got plans to make a couple of Plaguemarine squads in this new ''swamp'' scheme, so with any luck you'll be seeing them soon, too.
("I am a Prussian, knowest thou my colours?", the title comes from one prussian song, so please stop accusing me of being a Prussian [link])
pheeew...my latest work, an episode from the Franco-Prussian war (1870) ...the war that humiliated France , abolished the Second Empire and created the Second German Empire , thereby ending the proces of unification of German states...
Prussian columns storming the French positions during the battle of Gravelotte- the turning point of the war, that ultimately confirmed Prussian superiority (you probably noticed my pickelhaube-fascination ) ... but during that war a surprise also happened to the Prussians...their forces armed with famous breech loaded Dreyse rifles met the French equipped with much better Chassepot rifles, with farther range and better construction..this forced the Prussian units to "flee forwards" to strike the French as fast as possible so that French soldiers couldn't use the main advantage of their rifles- range (1300 yards compared to prussian 650 yards).
It took my a very long time to finish this piece...you know...summer...laziness and simple impatience...(I couldn't draw more than 30 minutes a day ) but I hope the final result isn't that bad and comes up to my previous works... (I doubt if it's better )
tools.watercolors,tempera,gel pen,masking fluid,250 gm watercolor paper,PTS size .about A5 wip .[link] ------ Little I don't know. I have that idea stored in my "ideas segregator".I need to make some experiments/edits 'cause when I started making layers masking fluid just washed >:I not funny
------ Nie wiem co to za bardzo.Miałam to w segregatorze w którym zapisuje pomysły jak nie mam czasu ich zrealizować ,a pewnego dnia nie będę miała weny ,to otwieram i ta~da. Trochę inaczej jak chciałam ,ale jest okej. Zrobiłam kolorową warstwę a później nakładałam fluid.I chciałam otworzyć tą czarną ecolinę i prysłó mi czarnym na rysunek ,to myśle "oj dobra już wszystko suche to pomaluje na czarno" .Ale nie było suche i jedno oko jest za pomocą fluidu a drugie jest domalowane później,bo fluid spłynął XD