NekoJonez - 10 writing tips #2NekoJonez Writing tips #2NekoJonez - 10 writing tips #23 years ago in Writing More Like This
1) Try to develop a writers intuition. Get to know your own writing style by reading over your old work. Read over your old work and look at it with a "trying to improve" attitude. Maybe it gives some new ideas for the future.
2) When planning out a plotline always ask questions at each plot point. "Why is that character that way ?", "Can he really do that?" or "When did the actual crime happened?" That way you make sure you explain everything.
3) Be proud once in a while of your work. Really. You can always read over your old work and add in new ideas that you didn't see the first time. But that doesn't mean that the work you made then is bad. Heck no, when you were happy with it back then Why be sad about it now?
4) Practice your writing often A good test is asking 3 subjects from a friend Random ones and then try to make a story out of it.
5) Give different styles a go once in a while. Only wri