System PurgeHappy New Year!System Purge1 year ago in Personal More Like This
Alright, that's done with, on to business.
After logging in today and seeing that my message center had a boatload of unread dA notes (as it has for so, so long), I've finally looked at them for more than 5 seconds--as well as purged the pages and pages of read notes that I never got around to deleting. Ugh.
I do sincerely apologize if you're among the number of folks who've sent me a note and gotten no reply. It's neither hate nor indifference, it's more a case of me looking at a pile of names and saying "TOO MUCH! AAGH!" and then scampering away to deal with it later. Well, when the days become weeks, and the weeks become months, it makes me look like a real a-hole and so I'm truly sorry.
The bulk of notes sent to me, however, are regarding potential commissions, so I thought I'd update here for all parties concerned:
At present, I'm NOT taking on new commissions.
The reason for this is that I still owe some work to people, both professional and commissioned. Some hav
Left4Dead3 ContestIf there is a good turn out the contest will be about a fiction based Left4Dead3 of the spreading of the green flu to the west USA.Left4Dead3 Contest2 years ago in Personal More Like This
Some locations ideas are Hollywood, Los Angeles, Hoover dam, Seattle, desert or any other western location
-can be a fan fiction, drawing, mod screenshot, or cosplay
-must have at least 1 original infected or survivor based on the green flu spread to the west
-previous survivors and infected can be used as well
-donators can join also
-Can have as many submissions as you want
-Must submit entries to the "Left4Dead3 Contest" folder >>>http://left4deadfans.deviantart.com/gallery/24884114
-(EXTENDED) Entries will be taken until August 11th 2012
WINNER WILL RECEIVE!
-featured deviation within group
-steam copy of either Left4Dead or Left4Dead 2
-~AshWolves5 flat drawing or photo manipulation and +watch
-=uncle-sollux 3 month premium membership
-*yakan-no-shi L4D or L4d2 themed commission
Anyone can still donate prizes if they want
Random facts~!So I've been reading random facts online and I figured I should share some with you guys~!Random facts~!2 years ago in Personal More Like This
1. You can marry a dead person in France
2. Dolphins and humans are the only mammals that mate for fun, but dolphins can only get pregnant once out of every 365 days
3. There is a village in Austria named Fucking, but it pronounced as "Fooking."
4. Thomas Edison, the inventor of the light bulb, was afraid of the dark.
5. The reality TV series Jersey Shore is called "Macaroni Rascals" in Japan
6. Walt Disney, the creator of Mickey Mouse, was afraid of Mice!
7. Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete
8. By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand
9. When you sneeze your heart stops for a millisecond.
10. The size of your foot is the distance from your wrist to your elbow
There's just a few random facts~
Hope you guys enjoy them :3
Hmm...maybe I should do this more often X3
New Topics on GOWJ (1)More Topics You Can Check Out!New Topics on GOWJ (1)2 years ago in Personal More Like This
New Topics on GOWJ (1) | New Topics on GOWJ (2)
The testimony of Damon Baird in Gears of War: Judgment
Taken from joystiq.com: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/13/the-testimony-of-damon-baird-in-gears-of-war-judgment/
Memory is a fickle thing. You may think one thing, but the reality of the situation in question could be entirely different. Was that thing there? What even was that thing?
In Gears of War Judgment, Lt. Damon Baird is on trial for disobeying COG orders – being a military outfit, they're kind of big on following orders – and must recall the events that lead up to the disobedience in question. His recounting of the events while on trial is the entire campaign, but this being a military trial, certain things are classified. It's an idea that will play out in the campaign: the first time through, certain elements from the game environment
My first poem.. sad, but expressive.A boy with short black hair, sits in the corner of the classroom.My first poem.. sad, but expressive.11 months ago in Personal More Like This
His eyes of an empty blue, he wishes for his own doom.
He walks home, on a cold day, his gaze doesn't shift from the ground.
He feels like screaming, but makes no sound.
He crosses the street on the way home, not looking both ways, wishing a car would hit him from the side.
He's alive, but inside, he has completely died.
He is nothing but a shell of what he used to be, his smile is a lie.
This sorrow has taken ahold, and has ripped every shred of happiness from him.
As a child his eyes were bright and full of life, now they are ever so dim.
He goes out back, tying a rope around the branch of a tree.
He then ties the other end around his neck, a chair under his feet.
He gulps, and jumps off, the eerie crack can be heard.
Noone bothered to speak to him, not even a word.
Now all of the sudden, people start to care.
Now all of the sudden, they were aware.
They finally notice how alone and hurt he truly felt, all the words th
On using art and giving credit.I wanna adress something that has been bugging me for a while. And no, this is not just about art theft.. Please hear me out!On using art and giving credit.2 years ago in Personal More Like This
Within the last couple weeks, I have come across incidents identical or very similar to this:
A person uses work made by an artist on Deviantart without the artists permission. (Or another art site for that matter.) When confronted with the fact that they're using art that doesn't belong to them, their reply is always 'But I gave credit'/'it has the artists name on it'.
And then they apparently believe that justifies what they're doing.
Or in situations where a person is using art made by someone on Deviantart without the artists permission. Then someone else comes along and points it out and demand that if they credit the artist, everything is alright. Like so:
This is a comment I screencapped from Youtube (danish translation) only yesterday. A commenter notices the original owner of the video has taken art without permission and simply states they should add c
A startling RevelationAfter much scientific study and experimentation, I have learned, Conclusively, that it is indeed possible, to be heartbroken whist still heartbroken. Think of it, like, heartbroken to the second power. My my, this could revolutionize the way we look at both math AND science!A startling Revelation2 years ago in Personal More Like This
It's incredible really!
Please drop a comment to let me know your view on this matter. I'll need as much support from fellow literary scientists, as you know, at the end of an experiment, you must share your results with other "scientists" so that they may give and take with said information!
Contest - Fallen Angel VISUAL WINNERS!CONTEST IS OVERContest - Fallen Angel VISUAL WINNERS!2 years ago in Personal More Like This
*** WINNERS - Visual ***
Polls settled it out! Here are the winners! Prizes will be given, please be patient!
3rd place - by :iconQueenDevious:
2nd place - by :iconErinM31:
1st place - by :iconAEpler:
*** WINNERS - Literature ***
Prizes will be given after 2nd day of July, please be patient with the artwork prizes!
3rd place - by :iconangelbear29:
2nd place - by :iconsun-of-stazzz:
1st place - by :iconDarkIronyinRedBlood:
*** CHOOSING THE WINNERS ***
~ From 19th June to 30th June will be voting for the VISUAL art pieces
~ Literature voting time will be told when judgers have went through the pieces
~ Winners will be announced in July
~ Check also my next incoming contest!
*** INFORMATION ***
This is all art type -accepting contest ran by :ico
100 Truths of BattletechThought I'd repost this from a forum I found, and laugh at it. And also correct the errors.100 Truths of Battletech2 years ago in Personal More Like This
1) Victor Davion, left to his own devices will always fail politically. Not true, at all.
2) Never turn your back on a Liao, you might just lose a planet.
3) The weapon system you use the most will ALWAYS fail when you need it.
4) Standard Gauss Rifles are the kings of the Battlefield
5) Kai Allard Liao will always win. - Not anymore, he died.
6) It is impossible to kill Victor Davion. - Ha, not anymore.
7) It is not, however impossible to kill anyone close to him. Fact! Very easy.
8) Comstar knows all, except when it really matters.
9) Word of Blake cannot be trusted. Ever.
10) A male villain will always fall in love with an equally evil female villainess
who rules an enemy kingdom.
11) Small Lasers are useless unless your last name is Pryde. Not true at all, 12 Small Lasers can rape an Assault Mech easily if you play right.
12) Inner Sphere XL engines and Case DO NOT MIX
13) NEVER Clone an ene
Some thoughts on commissions from a commissioner.I commission art a lot. I've commissioned from many different artists all over the world. And after several years here are a few on my own personal thoughts on commissionsSome thoughts on commissions from a commissioner.2 years ago in Personal More Like This
1. List you prices.
- Whether its flat rates or by the hour, artists that commissions should list their rates. Most the time the old saying "If you have to ask, it probably costs to much." really comes into play here. I'm so much more likely to commission someone where I can gauge my budget. I myself am a single income family of five. That means I have a budget. A budget means I shop around. So that means when I am comparing artists if I know what I can spend with one and not the other, I'm more likely to go with the one I know I can budget.
2. List your customers.
- It is so much easier for a person to know where they stand when you have them listed.
2½. Update your customers.
- Most artists have an idea how long something is going to take. Now it's understandable that the idea isn't always acc