Tune into the voice of the community by checking out deviantART's Journal Portal. Join the conversation by browsing, adding faves, and leaving comments, or submit your own Journal to let your voice be heard.
SnowChilly winds pushed and pulled at her coat, causing her to hold it just a bit tighter than usual. The temperature was surely in the 40's, if not colder. Letting out a huff that appeared as a puff of smoke, Rukia turned toward Ichigo and asked, "Does it ever snow here in Karakura? It's cold enough for it."
Looking up from the bag of cookies he'd been munching on, he replied, "It does sometimes, but it's rare. It only snows every few years at best."
"That's a real shame. It's always so pretty when it snows," she said.
"I'm glad it doesn't snow! It's nothing but a pain in the ass when it does! The snow builds up and blocks roads, and then it turns into brown slush. I still remember my mom yelling at me for building a snowman out of slush," Ichigo replied. Though in the beginning he sounded so annoyed by the frozen rain, a slight somber tone took over on the last sentence. A saddened look washed over his eyes when he thought of that moment.
Seeing such a sad look on his face hurt Rukia a b
For those who do not know, the Snow Leopard Trust (www.snowleopard.org) needs our help. They are in need of subscribers to their awesome eNews. To support the Snow Leopard Trust, the Kearsley Fund and The Sengupta Fund have offered to donate $2 to the SLT for every new eNews subscriber for a total of 5000 subscribers and $10,000!
To sign up, visit the Snow Leopard Trust's Sign up Page!
Its easy. Its free. It makes a difference. Its a no brainer.
Ive been involved with several well known NGOs and in all honesty, the Snow Leopard Trust is one of the best out there. They do exceptional work and their staff are professional and courteous. They truly deserve all the help they can get. To find out more about their programs, please visit this link.
As for the actual eNews, you dont have to worry. Marissa Niranjan of the SLT explains:
We understand that people might be reluctant to give us their e-mail address. First, we never share or sell our lists or any personal information of any kind to anyone--EVER. We keep it in our vault and use it only for things that we think are important for snow leopard and the people who want to support them. To that end, we also try not to send tons of e-mails. We think out our e-mails thoroughly and only send what we think is either good news, or a good fundraising push at a time we think is appropriate which basically means we dont ask for money all the time just for the sake of asking. And finally, we try to make our e-mails (outside of eNews) as personalized as possible. If you are the type of person who likes to adopt snow leopards, we try to know that and talk to you about adoptions specifically.
Basically, we need to sign up as many folks as possible. Its wonderful to sign up, but what is REALLY needed is for people to spread the word. This is why I am running the contest.
If you post a journal entry on DeviantArt about the Snow Leopard Trusts eNews initiative, you will be entered in a draw (conducted by yours truly) to win one of several prizes (see below).
Yes...please see the rules.
1) You MUST ask your followers to sign up for the Snow Leopard Trust's eNew and you MUST provide sufficient information in your journal to be able to effectively guide people to the Snow Leopard Trusts website. To make things easy, I have provided text you can copy and paste into your journal at the bottom of this page.
2) You MUST ask the readers of your journal to post in their journal as well. As indicated, the contest is about spreading the word, and it wont be effective if you create a dead end.
3) You MUST give a link to this journal entry so that others can get involved in the contest too.
4) If you post a journal entry in accordance to the rules above, you will receive ONE entry into the draw. All you have to do is post a reply and give me the link for me to check. For those who have previously added journals and have contacted me previously, you will be automatically entered (Ive kept track). For those who did, but did not contact me, you may reply to this message with a link to your journal entry.
5) It IS possible to have MULTIPLE ENTRIES in the draw. To give yourself more chances to win one of the prizes, you can ASK OTHERS to add the initiative to their journals. The same rules apply above and you will be credited with extra entries in the draw depending on the members you involve (based on pageviews). If the person you convince to add to their journal has:
- 100,000 or less pageviews, you will receive 1 extra entry
- 100,000-500,000 pageviews, you will receive 2 extra entries
- 500,000-1,000,000 pageviews, you will receive 3 extra entries
- 1,000,000+ pageviews, you will receive 4 extra entries
In order for you to be credited, they must mention your username in the journal, verifying your role in helping them spread the word. The person posting the journal will also receive an entry in the contest.
Also, for every person that s this news article, that person will receive an extra entry.
So...there are plenty of ways to get involved!
6) DO NOT SPAM. Contact people you know and be polite and personal. I wont be held accountable if you get yourself in trouble because you want extra entries. Always follow DeviantArts rules.
7) Be honest and be fair. I realize that, in writing these rules, I may not have prevented loop-holes from being created through which people could exploit the contest. Do not lose sight of the fact that this is a contest for a worthy cause and it is meant to be fun. If I suspect anyone is doing anything that is unethical in order to win a prize, I reserve the right to disqualify that person if I feel they are not participating in an honest and fair way. Use common sense.
8) If you want, you are free to opt out of the contest. Just let me know via note or email.
9) Feel free to contact me or reply if you have any questions.
10) Keep posted here for announcements.
A number of wonderful individuals have stepped up to help with the prizes, which include:
~HeWhoWalksWithTigers: A Snow Leopard Cub Adoption from the Snow Leopard Trust!
*mombeam: A 1-year subscription to DeviantArt!
$ewm: A 10x15 big cat print from her gallery!
`snowmask Postcard of your choice from her print store
...with possibly more. For updates, visit my journal!
If anyone else would like to donate prizes to support this fantastic cause, please let me know. Specifically, if people are willing to chip in and help me out with the Snow Leopard Cub Adoption, please send me a note. With enough support, we might be able to offer something more, which ultimately supports the Snow Leopard Trust.
Snow Leopards are a large and secretive cat native to the mountain ranges of Central Asia. There are an estimated wild population of 4,000 to 7,500 animals left, and in 1972 the Snow Leopard was placed on the Red List as Endangered. They are still illegally poached and their habitat is slowly diminishing, but they are a good candidate to survive if steps are taken. The Snow Leopard Trust works to help the big cats by protecting their environments and involving local communities in this effort, while also researching snow leopards. They believe the best conservation starts with sound science, and through understanding this elusive predator and giving the communities the tools to live with snow leopards, we can do better to save them.
"Thank you so much for posting this!! We are actually working on our own Facebook page as we speak in order to promote this. It's such an easy way to contribute without having to do much besides sign up for a fantastic eNews. Once again...THANK YOU to you and everyone who signs up. On behalf of the Trust, it truly does make all the difference." -Marissa Niranjan
Im posting this to let you know about a FREE and easy way to help save snow leopards.
The Snow Leopard Trust (www.snowleopard.org) needs your help!
They would like to you to sign up for their eNews and have others sign up as well. For every new subscriber, The Sengupta Fund will donate $2 to the Snow Leopard Trust for a total of 5000 new members. However, if we all sign up and post this in our journals, we can help donate up to $10,000 for snow leopard conservation!
Visit here for more info!: "www.snowleopard.org/news/currentnews/sign-up-to-save-snow-leopards"
In addition to helping out a great cause, you could also win one of a few great prizes by entering a contest! Visit this journal article ("hewhowalkswithtigers.deviantar…") for more info on how you can get involved!
Please, sign up today and copy this into your journal to spread the word! With just a little bit of effort, we can make a big difference!