The current deviantART thumbnails (the smaller versions of deviations) have served the community well for years; however, there's always room for improvement. We've created a new style of thumbnail, which hopes to solve the problems with the current thumbnails.
Read more about the new thumbnails and find out how you can preview them.
Comment Business Cards
Remove from Favourites
Sometimes you come across a deviation that deserves special attention. It catches your eye in such a way that you're compelled to craft a response that goes above and beyond a normal comment. Or perhaps a fellow deviant is having a tough time with a particular aspect of their work, and you know just what they need to take their art to the next level.
For these situations and more, we've given everyone the ability to write a Critique.
- The list of "Recent Blogs" for each group listed in the Groups Portal was not updating. Fixed by muteor
- Journal thumbnails were briefly broken in IE8. Fixed by shadowhand
- Various display issues were fixed with the Slideshow button. Fixed by muteor
- User gallery browsing by category was broken for non-leaf categories. Fixed by lendrick
- The "Send A Note" modal ignored members' Mature Content settings and displayed Mature Content thumbs anyway. Fixed by muteor
- Fixed some issues with the layout of the footer for narrow browser widths. Fixed by lendrick
- Journal publishing preview ignored the specified heights of an image. Fixed by shadowhand
- Some links to the Points terms of service information were broken, and information itself needed an updated style. Fixed by muteor
- The "Give Points" modal sometimes thought it was a llama modal. Fixed by ZombieCoder
- The Bolt award, an annual award given to staff, received a visual uplift to its widget. Fixed by shadowhand
- The list of categories in the submission process included a few categories that would redirect deviations to the more suitable "Scraps" section of your gallery. This caused confusion among members and has been frequently requested to be removed. We've removed these categories to eliminate confusion. Read more about this change.
- There was a bug interfering with the right mouse click button while using the Basic Brush. Fixed by mudimba
- When dragging an item or stack, the page now scrolls along. Fixed by samshull
- The login form was missing labels in IE8. Fixed by samshull
- Hovercards on Sta.sh items no longer appear when dragging to select multiple items. Fixed by samshull
- The "flat" view in Sta.sh, which showed you all of your items without stacks, was removed because of the lack of usage. We feel that this mode was unnecessary and provided little benefit to members.
- If there is an error with the inputted CSS of a Journal Skin in Writer, you no longer lose your changes after seeing this error. Fixed by DEVlANT
- The CSS declarations "text-shadow" and "box-shadow" are now properly validated in skins. Fixed by kemayo
- Various bugs were fixed with the new HTML improvements available to Beta Testers. Writer no longer has any issues displaying the text "<3" or any other non-HTML tags. Writer no longer breaks self-closing HTML tags which use a trailing slash like img tags. Fixed by kemayo and Alisey
- No more prolonged display of ugly broken image thumbs when uploading to Sta.sh through Writer. Fixed by kemayo
- Writer only renders manually entered HTML code if we recognize the HTML tag entered. Fixed by kemayo
- Writer entries which are too long will now give an error message explaining this, rather than just "unknown error". Fixed by kemayo
- Dragging a file onto Writer while another sidebar section is open no longer results in the Sta.sh section overlapping the other one. Fixed by kemayo
- Thumbnails in Writer are now more consistent with thumbnails in published entries. Fixed by Alisey
- In widgets on profiles, all deviations should be able to have a "full view" mode, rather than just images under 900 pixels by 900 pixels. From *AngelicDragonPuppy
- In deviantART muro, there should be an option to flip a layer horizontally or vertically without flipping the whole canvas itself. From deKirbyGal
- After favouriting an artist's artwork, it should show you other images that members also liked from the artist. From Vexcel
- Add the option to easily use your own art from your gallery, scraps, or Sta.sh as your avatar. From =KissTheSunrise
- Create a system where you can see the activity of the people you're watching, such as the artwork they favourited, commented on, or artists they've added to their watch. From `Gwendolyn12 in the Suggestions Forum
- Related artwork on deviation pages. ~YoukosForbiddenLove suggested a feature that would show related artwork on deviation pages. For example, if you viewed a photo of the Eiffel Tower, you would see other photos of the Eiffel Tower. It's important for deviantART members to be exposed to new artists. This feature could encourage others to discover new artwork and would increase the visibility of your artwork to people who might be interested in it.
- Macro gallery changes. We're looking for feedback about changes to the macro gallery. Please leave your feedback on that article.
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)