The World Ender's Club - The SerpentThe serpent moved with the current, far enough below that the surface shadows couldn't be seen. The boat was up there, the serpent could feel, but not see. The weight of it spread through the water, even far above. The pole moved steadily through the deepest parts, and the serpent kept clear of it. It thrummed in the dark, and the serpent could track it from afar.The World Ender's Club - The Serpent7 hours ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
Memories did not come when called. Above was a boat, and in it was... what? Prey? Enemy? Something else entirely? The serpent did not know. The current pushed it lower, close to the sand and stone of the riverbed. It lashed its tail in frustration, and drove upwards against the press. The water was cold near the bottom, and the river-body not much warmer. But there was heat above. The serpent could feel heat coming off the boat in waves, sinking down into the depths. It wanted the heat, the burning source that it could not see, but feel as surely as it felt the current's insistent push.
Fleas "For the Empire! Long live the Emperor!"Fleas1 hour ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
Yeah, yeah, long live the emperor, 920394484 thought. But when is it my turn?
He looked past the giant shingle-covered trunk of keratine in front of him, trying to get a glimpse of the one in charge.
If only something would happen to kill off the Emperor and the 920394482 between me and the throne so I can finally do something with my life, and I can go somewhere. The thought had been a plague for most of his young life. He knew he'd never matter. He would always be just a mindless miner. But who knew... maybe some day, something amazing would happen. Maybe even today?
"Come along, Rover, time for your flea treatment."
Dirty old Traffic coneThe dirty old abandoned cone laid useless, watching the children, us walk by. How it longed to with its clean more sophisticated friends, But nobody was kind enough to pick it up again. The cone was dingy, streaked with many lines of dirt, speckled with grass. Day after day it waited, waited, waited, but this cones life will be soon filled with hope and prosperity.Dirty old Traffic cone3 hours ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
A girl walks over to it and picks it up. The cone seems to shine in the sunlight just a little more.
A caneta- Eu estou sem tinta. Pode me dar sua caneta? - perguntou ele.A caneta4 hours ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
- Dar? Não quis dizer "emprestar"?
- Não, Mari. Tô pedindo mesmo. Não quero comprar outra, sabe?
Ela o olhou desconfiada, mas entregou a Bic azul mesmo à contragosto.
- Sei... mas vê se não amola mais. Hoje tive um dia daqueles, e a última coisa de que preciso é de alguém querendo mais coisas minhas. Lá em casa é sempre assim. Minha irmã quer meu sapato. Minha mãe quer minhas pulseiras, e olha que nem combinam com ela! E meu pai? Bem, acho que ele deve querer minha alma, de tanto que me enche o saco. E aí vem você querendo a minha última caneta reserva. Este mundo quer que eu enlouqueça!
- Ei, relaxa... Eu não sabia. Deixa quieto, eu...
- Dane-se! Tome esta caneta idiota. E não me pergunte...
- Que marcas são essas na ponta?
- Cale a boca, disse para não perguntar. Eu não tô legal hoje.
- Ok... Quer um sor