Insidious and Insidious: Chapter 2 showed us that our nightmares are more than just bad dreams. Now, in the third and darkest chapter of the series, you'll be taken back to the beginning—before the haunting of the Lambert family. You’ll be able to see Elise Rainer’s ghastly confrontations with the spectres as she helps the Brenner family through their paranormal encounters.
Familiarize yourself with the Insidious series, and watch the Insidious: Chapter 3 trailer above. Also, consult the asset page for more information on the challenge.
Choose a character from the movies, a creepy or spooky thing, or a completely original image that can be converted to an emoticon. Submit your drawing in the form of a JPG or PNG that is approximately 96x96 pixels.
THE INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 3 EMOTICON CONTEST BEGINS AT 12:00 AM (PDT) ON MARCH 18, 2015 AND ENDS AT 11:59 PM (PDT) ON APRIL 12, 2015.
- Entrant must be at least 13 years old as of March 18, 2015.
- Entrant must reside in any of the 50 United States, its territories, or its military installations to be eligible.
- Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (PDT) on April 12, 2015 and be submitted through the contest gallery on DeviantArt.
- Membership to www.deviantart.com is required to enter the Contest. Membership to www.deviantart.com is free.
- The Work may originate in any visual medium but must be submitted as a single .PNG or .JPG file suitable to be adapted into an emoticon for mobile platform use.
- Entries must be approximately 96 pixels in width by 96 pixels in height.
- Entires must be original Works and may not use stock materials from others, although licensed brushes and textures are acceptable.
- Other requirements and restrictions apply so please read the Official Rules carefully.
The three winners will be selected by Leigh Whannell, the Director of Insidious: Chapter 3. Judges will use the following criteria in whatever degree the judges believe appropriate:
- Originality of the Work;
- Overall Impact of the Work;
- Technical and Artistic Skill.
Please read the Official Rules for additional judging information