MYTHICAL MONSTER MAYHEM
-1,600 POINT GIVEAWAY (EVERYONE WILL GET POINTS)-
(OPEN UNTIL 11/1/14)
*** If you have been tagged and want to know what this is about before reading everything, let me explain: This is a contest that gives away points to everyone who completes it ^-^ To get the points, however, you must complete a series of riddles or puzzles connected with a story line. If this isn’t you’re cup of tea- Don’t fret! I ALSO am just giving away money to those who fav, regardless if you participate in the riddle part or not. Just by faving alone, you can manage to win 200 points!. Plus, as this is my Halloween Giveaway, there is 1,400 more points to be won here!***
Do you want free points? Is entering contest after contest and waiting for weeks to hear about the results too tedious? DO YOU NOT WANT TO LEAVE YOUR LIFE UP TO FATE?!
Okay, well, that just sounded like an infomercial. But, seriously. I’ve been there and I think it kinda sucks. Now its my turn to be the one offering up free points, and I’m changing it up a bit. No ‘random number chooser’, no ‘100th watcher’. I am offering a chance for everyone participating to earn free points. What I ask in return? An answer. An answer to a monthly riddle (or two). If you can answer correctly, you WILL get points. It doesn’t matter if you are the first to answer, or if you are the 42nd.
Still not understanding? I’ll break it down- Every month, I will write riddles and hide them throughout my profile. They will be hidden in different ways, for example for Easter last year I hid Easter Eggs, and the time before I had a sort of treasure hunt. Most times I will have a story line, to make this giveaway a bit different from others. This is for those who want entertainment and humor, as opposed to just mindless faving and commenting. And, in return, you WILL get points, no matter what. If you enter, there is no way you cannot win.
How to enter
· Make sure you are watching me (So you can keep up to date with monthly riddles)
· You must include a certain phrase in your comments, to let me know that you read the rules. Read more and you’ll see what you need to say
· Tag at least three friends who you think might be interested. If everyone who enters gets free points, why not get your friends in on it?
(· If you fav this, no matter if you make it to the end or not, you enter the draw for some extra points!)
I have 1,600 points to distribute. Now, this does NOT mean that everyone is going to get 1,600 points. Heck no. I don’t have that many points. The points will be split up as such- 400 points for team one (divided up evenly between all participants), 400 points between the top group of team two (divided between the 2-5 particpants, 400 for the top member of team three, 200 for the winner of the fav raffle, and 200 going to the winning team (This is special to this particular Riddle of the Sphinx. More on this below)
· Don’t give the answers in the comments, or you will be thrown out of the giveaway and will get no points (UNLESS SPECIFICALLY TOLD TO DO OTHERWISE)
· Don’t give any hints in the comments, or you will be thrown out of the giveaway
· You have three chances for hints, but use them wisely. I created these riddles to be fairly easy.
· If you are confused, feel free to note me! I will try to explain anything you might not understand
· When you have answered the final riddle, do as the instructions say and then wait. I cannot give everyone their points until I know how many people are in it. Complaining or noting me about it is unnecessary. No matter what, if you get to the end, you will receive points. I promise you this.
· Please be respectful
· Have fun!
Ready, Set… Go?
Greetings mortals! As you MUST know, it is October! Which means… YES! THE MYTHICAL MONSTER MEET-UP HAS ARRIVED! …What? You were expecting ‘Halloween’? Pah! That is merely a human tradition. Here in this dimension, we refer to this time as the feeding period or the mischief zone. This is when the veil between our dimension and yours is the weakest, so many monsters roam around to get some tasty meals and frighten you pesky mortals. And, of course, this time comes with our very own celebration… One we call the Mythical Monster Meet-up (Later dubbed Mythical Monster Mayhem, for all intents and purposes).
Still I must explain? I thought you were smarter than this! Well, think of it as the monster version of… The Olympics! Each monster is eligible to participate in this match of the minds. There are creative competitions, puzzle competitions, and even riddles (yes, yes, I OBVIOUSLY win every year). The rules are simple- No outside sources, and no working with other monsters. However, they conveniently forgot to mention any rules about working with mortals. Primarily because most monsters would rather be locked away in a zoo than work with a mortal… But I tend to think that it’s just a mistake on their parts.
So, as the KIND and CARING Sphinx that I am, I’ve decided to invite you all to help me! It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact the competition is really steep this year. Or the fact that I actually believe you have a grain of intelligence. Because I would never think or say anything like that. No, it’s merely because I believed you might enjoy it. Yes.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t the only one with this idea. There are two other, completely unworthy, candidates looking for your support. It was only with their help that I was able to create a method of transporting you from your measly dimension to ours.
I have come up with a method of getting you mortals into our dimension by disguising you as animals and mythical creatures. My magic alone could only make you into few things, like dragons, aviary creatures (flying creatures, animals with wings), sphinxes, and centaurs. Not a wide variety, I know. That’s why the Sorceress ( ) and Loki ( ) agreed to help me… On one condition. They too are looking to find the most intelligent mortal minds and put them to work helping them solve the puzzles.
If you are still confused, that’s fine. I don’t expect your mortal minds to comprehend everything. I promise to explain, but first and foremost you must pick a team. Before making you simply chose (because we all know you would chose my team, as I am the Supreme creature and you all worship at my feet) I must let the others explain to you why they believe you should join their groups. Pah! No matter, I know you shall pick me, so I shall allow them to make their ‘persuasive pitches’ or whatever they called it.
Sorceress (MoonehDraws) – Witches, wizards, black cats, unicorns
Obviously you want to join my team! I mean, magic, mayhem and monsters… Oh my! See, my team is for the more creative mortal. The competition I’ve chosen is the art portion, so all the parts involving drawing or art in one form or another. I don’t want everyone though… I want a small group. You can join my group in teams of 2-5, and the winning team alone will split the 400 … Plus, since I KNOW we will win, the 200 will be divided up amongst everyone in this group (Yes. EVERYONE). This is a better deal than the Sphinx, who wants to give small amounts of to everyone in her group, or Loki who just wants one person to win. No, if you have a group of good artists, you’re almost sure to win, and can win a fair amount of points. Obviously, my team is the one to be on.
Loki (MovingSilently - Narwhal, fox, siren/mermaid, serpents
So, the Sphinx and the Sorceress already made their spiel. I’m sure they forgot to mention that neither of them have ever won the full competition. That title has gone to me three years in a row. I am the god of mischief, of course I am able to solve their feeble puzzles. If you joined my team, you would be helping me solve the most elegant of puzzles… Codes, problem solving, clues… The true puzzles. And, of course, as I am a Norse God, I am not quite as open as the Sphinx and the Sorceress. Who I chose to give the to will only be the top problem solver in the group. If you have faith in yourself and want to win 400 just for yourself, my team is far the best. If it doesn’t seem like your cup of tea- Good. Don’t join. I’m looking for only the greatest to help me win.
As I am positive you will all join me, I shan’t tell you any more about myself apart from the fact that I am the Sphinx, and I shall most definitely win this year. I suppose the Sorceress and Loki already informed you how they are running their teams. Well, as you may have guessed, I’m not taking an artistic or puzzle-solving approach to this competition. I am, of course, doing riddles… As I know both you and I are exemplary at them. As always, I shall split the 400 up between everyone who is ACTIVE (don’t just join to get points, I must see you at least trying), and when we win (because, of course, we will), I will split those points up as well. My team is for those who can deal with teamwork, and who can solve riddles. If that’s you, join at once! If not… Well, perhaps my group isn’t for you.
Now that we’ve cleared that all up, it’s time for some information! I don’t want to send you out confused.
1. You MUST join a group. You can choose either because of what kinds of puzzles they offer, because of which group leader sounds the coolest, or because of what animal they can change you into. Whatever helps you decide. Remember though, depending on what group you join you may either have to work alone, in a small group, or with a large group. Make sure you don’t go off by yourself if you are meant to work as a team or you will not get the participation points. If it wasn’t clear, you can also not join more than one group. This, I hope, is common sense.
2. Mythical Monster Mayhem starts a week before Halloween and there is a new puzzle each day. This is not something you can accomplish in a day. This will be updated, so be sure to keep a look out for when the puzzles are posted!
3. 3 out of the 7 days, the puzzles will be the same for every group (the other 4 days, the groups will have their own puzzles to solve). On these days, the winning teams are determined on which gets finished the fastest. Whichever team wins at the end of the week gets the 200 . The other 4 team puzzles determine who amongst the groups will win the group points.
4. You can ask your group leader anything and everything. Don’t be afraid to send them a note if you’re confused… That’s why they’re there! They will also provide group-wide hints from time to time if you get too confused, so keep a look out.
5. Each team has a chatroom to chat at, and a meeting place for their team where they will post new information and challenges. This will be provided to you when you sign up, depending on what group you’re in.
6. You can join at any time! Yes, joining the first day is the best. However, this is not required. You can join any group at any time over these next four days… Although, you still need to participate. For example, you can’t just join the Sphinx’s group the last day at the last minute to get some extra points. You must at least be seen TRYING to be recognized as part of the team.
7. More information about individual teams will be presented by team leaders, so make sure you read their welcome journals. Do NOT note the team leaders with questions that have previously been answered in their welcome journals.
8. The winning team will be featured at the end of the giveaway, as well as any artwork. If you want to do any sort of artwork, you are more than welcome to. Also open to any looking to be challenged is a new Riddle of the Sphinx journal skin. If you can make journal skins and you are interested, note me right away!
9. Switching groups IS NOT allowed. I don’t want everyone switching at the last minute just so they can win. If you are truly unhappy with the group you are in, you must note me privately and we can discuss it.
10. You must comment below with your nickname, animal/mythical creature, and your team. Example: “I am Hazel, I wish to be transformed into a sphinx, and I want to join Team Sphinx!” This way you can get the necessary information and I know you’ve read the instructions.
11. When tagging your friends (three of them, in case you forgot. This time there is no exceptions. Three friends, or you will receive no points whatsoever. If you don’t have many friends, you still have to tag one friend and make a journal, but there is a possibility I will not accept), many ask what you tagged them for and what this is. If you want to sum it up, you can let them know “This is a 1,600 oint: giveaway done by . She does these monthly, but this month is a Halloween version. You can either win points by solving puzzles, answering riddles, or drawing pictures. And, even if that doesn’t sound interesting, you could always just fav the journal and go. You’ll be entered in a raffle for 200 ”. Or whatever version of that you want to tell them I guess. Compliment them on something, that always works (bwahahahhahhhaaaaaa).
So mortals, do you understand? Good! Let’s get started! Don’t forget to comment with your nickname, creature, and team, and you’ll be on your way!
If you are very artistic and creative, join the Sorceress’s group. That would be more your style.
If you either enjoy riddles, or you like working on a team, join the Sphinx. You’ll find yourself right at home.)