Removal of the Outgoing PagePlease note: This change was a late addition to last week's Site Update. We're including it again to ensure that people are aware.
We've removed the "Now Leaving deviantART.com" page that previously displayed when clicking a link that navigated to an external site. Outgoing links will still be signified with an outgoing symbol, and, to ensure a safe and enjoyable Internet experience, we encourage you to always be aware of the URL for any link you're clicking.
- When leaving a comment, typing lists as #1, #2, #3, etc. will no longer trigger a tag. We received a lot of community feedback about this and agreed that it was an important change to make. Changed by kemayo
- Improvements have been made to the selection of what image displays, when sharing a Journal to a Facebook page. Changed by DEVlANT
- For Chrome users, some default fonts were not displaying as intended. Fixed by inazar
- A deviation's camera data would sometimes take up more than a single line of space. Fixed by szlosek
- Display improvements have been made when viewing the FAQ on a mobile device. Fixed by baclap
- Setting a Group as your main Group would not make it the main Group item in the Favourites drag and drop menu. Fixed by szlosek
- Improvements have been made regarding what content displays (and how much of that content displays) when viewing the activity section of a tag page. Changed by szlosek
- There were some visual issues, when commenting on Forum posts from the Watch Feed. Fixed by inazar
Your FeedbackThank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update!
- Deviants were generally positive about the removal of the Outgoing page, though a few deviants voiced concern about its removal. To be clear, we still monitor outgoing links as best as we can to ensure that deviants aren't led to malicious websites, but as mentioned in the What's New section, we encourage you to always be aware of the URL for any link you're clicking.
- Deviants offered a variety of good responses to the Discuss topic about Notes. Generally, deviants are interested in real-time conversation through Notes, though a few deviants mentioned that they prefer options that are not real-time, in instances where commissions may be involved.
- SpiritedAura mentioned that Notes displaying from oldest to newest would make it easier to read through a conversation without confusion.
- icytemporalist and tazsaints suggested a way for Group administrators to send Notes to individuals and have the individual receive that Note from the Group itself, rather than their individual account.
- shelaghcully mentioned that they would like to be able to use rich-text formatting, when replying to Notes.
- adamlhumphreys suggested that marking a Note as unread should make the notification re-display as part of one's message total.
What smartphone OS do you use?DeviantART needs your feedback! What smartphone operating system do you use?
Header artwork: Human City by phanou36
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)