Art and Other WeaponsI use words like an anchor.Art and Other Weapons4 days ago in Free Verse
Tying myself down to a piece of paper.
In books my heroes used swords,
I use a pen.
I got a mind as violent as a hurricane.
I could use these words to build me a raft.
Because it’s the only weapon I have.
And this pen isn’t what it looks like.
I finally found some sort of voice.
I can use it. These thoughts inside our heads are like bombs, so let’s defuse it.
It’s my torch.
I could burn the shadows, set fire to these fears.
I could use ink instead of tears.
I could use books and poetry like a night light
Because I never liked the dark anyways.
I could use it like a head stone…
Writing about all of my friends who couldn’t find a flash light
I could write and write
Until my skin was stained with lilies made of ink.
I write because I think
And when you think too much there is no escape.
So I say, when everything is too much
Little dream weaver, you have all the pieces.
Arm yourself with a paint brush,
Quotes 241) “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” - UnknownQuotes 23 weeks ago in Philosophical
42) “I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.” -Charles Bukowski
43) “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” - Napoleon
44) “Things end. People leave. And you know what? Life goes on. Besides, if bad things didn't happen, how would you be able to feel the good ones?” - Elizabeth Scott
45) “Scars are just another kind of memory.” - M.L. Stedman
46) “I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens.” - Woody Allen
47) “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.” - Charles M. Schulz
48) “I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally. ” - W.C. Fields
49) “Reality continues to ruin my life.” - Bill Watterson
50) “Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.” - Mark Twain