lists and listlessnessEach name I mark down is a list.lists and listlessness10 years ago in Free Verse
I write every single word
I intend to promptly forget,
making sure to underline
the important parts.
These are the things I really meant to say.
You'd smile and feel
the way you were supposed to.
It's all so simple.
These little plans of mine
are drawn up and drawn out.
It's too meticulous
to be destiny
and too ridiculous
to be enjoyable.
Would you even feel it if I crossed you off?
I have that power you know.
(That and more.)
I could rearrange you.
I could erase you
I could kid myself all night,
but I could never let you go.
5 Top Ten Sesshomaru ListsTop Ten Lists5 Top Ten Sesshomaru Lists8 years ago in Humor
Top Ten Reasons to Love Sesshomaru
1. Sessh is calm and collected.
2. He extrudes self-confidence. (Though, idiots may see this as arrogance.)
3. Does his best to avoid fights.
4. Has an interesting sense of style. (What is that fluff?)
5. Wonderfully sophisticated. (Like a silver-haired, fluffy Clint Eastwood.)
6. Is an excellent swordsman. (Fights with one arm, wow.)
7. Never lets his emotions get the better of him. (Not like another dog-demon.)
8. Is the hottest yokai ever (animated or otherwise).
9. Can turn into a giant dog. (How cool is that?)
10. Will protect those he cares about with his life. (Oh, the valor.)
Top Ten Reason to Loathe InuYasha
1. For an inu-yokai (dog-demon), InuYasha is very pig-headed.
4. Has a awful temper.
5. Did we mention stubborn?
8. Is a two-timer. (Kikyo and Kagome.)
9. Resorts to violence often. (Who cut off Sesshs arm?)
10. Has tried to kill Sesshomaru on several occasions. (Sn
Hit ListsYou are on satan's hit listHit Lists6 years ago in Free Verse
and on heaven's, too.
What does God have to do
to get through to you?
Satan wants you to die in vain.
God sent His Son to take your pain.
There's a book in heaven
where God will write your name.
But if you don't choose Him
and you choose satan's path instead,
You will suffer eternal damnation
once you are dead.
So, which list do you want to be on?
ListsListsLists3 years ago in Free Verse
We bask, the sun weak as watered milk.
We create lists of things we remember,
stalling on artichokes, "green" long forgotten.
Basilisks have returned.
They gather around the bird feeders,
clumsy wings batting away sparrows and hummingbirds.
Even honey water excites them.
Pathetic really. Until you remember
it was us who brought them back with our lists.
There are still people
who think money is worth something.
Their lists fill with numbers, denominations.
Paper bills swarm thick as locusts.
They are rich
until our dragons eat them.
We all have our distractions.
We thought it would be more exciting,
the apocalypse. Instead this slow unraveling,
edges blurring into pinpricks of color
becomes old after a while.
Then we found we could create life.
But ours aren't stiff horror movie shambles.
We're more like dilettantes
copying Mona Lisas and dissolving water lilies
into grimy notebooks until no one can tell the difference.
We could have left with everyo
List of PhobiasA-List of Phobias8 years ago in General Non-Fiction
Ablutophobia- Fear of washing or bathing.
Acarophobia- Fear of itching or of the insects that cause itching.
Acerophobia- Fear of sourness.
Achluophobia- Fear of darkness.
Acousticophobia- Fear of noise.
Acrophobia- Fear of heights.
Aerophobia- Fear of drafts, air swallowing, or airbourne noxious substances.
Aeroacrophobia- Fear of open high places.
Aeronausiphobia- Fear of vomiting secondary to airsickness.
Agateophobia- Fear of insanity.
Agliophobia- Fear of pain.
Agoraphobia- Fear of open spaces or of being in crowded, public places like markets. Fear of leaving a safe place.
Agraphobia- Fear of sexual abuse.
Agrizoophobia- Fear of wild animals.
Agyrophobia- Fear of streets or crossing the street.
Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects.
Ailurophobia- Fear of cats.
Albuminurophobia- Fear of kidney disease.
Alektorophobia- Fear of chickens.
Algophobia- Fear of pain.
Alliumphobia- Fear of garlic.
Allodoxaphobia- Fear of opinions.
Altophobia- Fear of heights.
bucket listdear someonebucket list6 years ago in Free Verse
write your name in the sky
and wish upon the first star you see
(you never know - it might come true)
go running in fields
and spin around and around
never forget what its like to be a child
because that care-free life-living part of you
is always there
if you know where to look
look in the mirror
and learn to love what you see
because its what the world
laugh until it hurts
and then every time you feel it
remember the fun you had
take a moment
and just b
CSS Tricks: ListsLists are awesome So let's talk about themCSS Tricks: Lists2 years ago in Journal and Gallery Tutorials
The basic list format is avaiable everywhere on dA, you do not need a premium membership to create a list. Of course you could just use or a symbol like ~ to indicate a new list item, but an actual HTML coded list has a lot of benefits over that.
Especially when you have single points that exceed a single line a HTML list, a line break appears at a spot you cannot control and therefore you will end up having no indentation and it will just look messy.
You don't have to be a Premium Member to use the HTML for lists, see :faq104:
You do need it, if you want to use Journal Skins aka personal CSS.
So, let's get started.
Basics About Lists
There are two kinds of list: ordered and unordered.
Ordered means you will get a numbered list from 1 to how many items your list has.
Unordered means you will get bullet points in front of every item.
Ordered listCowherbThat news announcer hears the girl crying. I
List of Japanese names~BoysList of Japanese names7 years ago in General Non-Fiction
Zinan ( zee-nan) second born son
Yukio snow boy boy who goes his own way Yuki, Yukiko
Yemon ( yeh-mohn) guardian or the gate
Toshio year boy Toshi
Torao (Toh-rah-oh) tiger boy
Taro first born male big boy
Tanjiro (than-jee-roh) precious second son
Tani valley also used as a girls name
Takeshi ( tah-keh-shee) bamboo or unbending one
Takeo (tah-kay-oh) strong as bamboo
Tadashi faithful servant
Shoda a level field
Shiro fourth born son
Seiji (SAY- jee) lawful and just
Sanjiro admired or Praised Sanji
Samaru => Samuel
Sachio fortunate or well-born
Saburo( Sah-boo-roh) third-born male
Raiden thunder God
Ozuru (oh-zoo-roo) large sto
The No No No No No No ListThe No No No No No No No No No! List of Myst "do's" and "do nots"The No No No No No No List6 years ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes
1. Red or Blue pages are not suitable substitutes for toilet paper.
2. Neither are Journals.
3. It is not nice to replace the red pages in the red prison book, and then rip them out while laughing maniacally.
4. Matches that are found in a safe are only to be used for starting the boiler.
5. Graffiti will not be tolerated.
6. Linking books are not Frisbees.
7. Linking books are not to be read.
8. Linking books will not try to stab you.
9. In the event that a prison book talks to you, please ignore its advice.
10. I shall not eat the berries found in Edanna.
11. Nor will I make juice, powder, pie, or any other consumable product from said berries.
12. I will not offer said berries to any other stranger.
13. If I have given said berries to said other stranger I will not find their "state of mind" funny.
14. Saveedro does not worship Squees.
15. Squees are best left in their natural habitat, and should not be taken h
Lolli's Desu and Helpful List of PLZ's:iconiloveitplz: :iconiloveitmoreplz: :iconretardiloveitplz: :iconiheartitplz: :iconilovekrissiplz: :iconikilleditplz: :iconinomitplz: :iconirapeitplz: :iconilikeitplz: :iconilickitplz: :iconidislikeitplz: :iconihateitplz: :iconiwantitplz: :iconicantbelieveitplz: :iconiderpitplz: :iconikissitplz: :iconidontloveitplz:Lolli's Desu and Helpful List of PLZ's4 years ago in Concrete Poetry
:iconcutiesmileplz: :iconcutederpplz: :iconsashawinkplz: :iconnightsmirkplz: :icontsukinosmirkplz: :icongoldilockswinkplz: :icontakuyastareplz: :iconabyssstareplz: :iconrosestareplz: :iconcuterrhplz: :iconmashirosmirkplz: :iconrawrblushplz: :icontiktokblushplz: :iconsmilederpplz: :iconderppfftplz:
:iconshyblushplz: :iconcrazyblushplz: :iconblushingmadplz: :iconmassiveblushplz: :icondizzyblushplz: :iconsweetblushplz:
:iconholygoodnessplz: :iconhappytearplz: :iconwrahplz: :iconyeeshplz: :iconhappyderpplz: :iconsnivelplz:
:iconimseriousplz: :iconimveryseriousplz: :iconimrealyseriousplz: :iconimultraseriousplz: :iconimepicseriousplz: :iconimultimateseriousplz: :iconiminfi
Marric Hawke's ListMarric Hawke's List4 years ago in Flash Fiction & Vignettes
Based on Skippy's List: The 213 things Skippy is no longer allowed to do in the U.S. Army
Things Marric Hawke is no longer allowed to do in Kirkwall (or the surrounding area)
1. Not allowed to enter my Mabari in the darktown dog races
2. Not allowed to slit my wrists and dance naked under the moonight
3. Even if it was just to fit in
4. I am forbidden to set Carver up on a blind date ever again
5. Not allowed to threaten to burn people within earshot of a templar
6. Not allowed to draw a tranquil sun sign on my forehead as 'camouflage'
7. Not allowed to threaten to steal people souls for selling me out to the Templars, even in jest
8. I will not convince people I am related to Maric Theirin.
9. must not attempt to taunt the Knight Captain
10. Will no longer flirt with the Knight Captain or the Knight Commander
11. Will not tell the Knight Captain that his skirt makes him look 'smashing'
12. I am not allowed to tell a Tenvinter nobleman that "your bitches like Fereldans better."
13. I a
Adam Lambert Obsession ListAdam Lambert Obsession List6 years ago in Reviews & Guides
You know you're obsessed with Adam Lambert when.....
1. You have pictures of him all over your walls
2. You calendar is full of dates when Adam will be on TV
3. You try to do your makeup like his
4. Your heart jumps whenever you hear his name
5. You power-vote to get his videos to #1 on VH1 and MTV
6. You re-watched his American Idol performances everyday during the season (and still do)
7. You remember what the judges said for each of his American Idol performances
8. You don't care that he's gay
9. You fantasize about being with him
10. You cried when he lost American Idol
11. You cried during Mad World
12. You cried when you found out your DVR didn't record Mad World
13. You cried during Tracks of My Tears
14. You have every magazine he's been in
15. You have the DVD of Wicked
16. You think he wears makeup better than most girls
17. You like him better with his hair down
18. Your heart stops when you see his smile
19. You have all of his American Idol performances on you
LooLa's 100 Themes List1) BeginningLooLa's 100 Themes List5 years ago in Introductions & Chapters
7) The First Time
9) Growing Up
13) Sea Glass
15) Fight or Flight
16) Skeletons in the Closet
17) Six Feet Under
21) Creative Visualization
22) New Growth
23) Flash Flood
25) Where No Man Has Gone Before
27) Over the Moon
28) Thin Ice
34) Night Light
43) Pearly Gates
48) Out of the Blue
49) Home Stretch
52) Time Travel
54) Treasure Map
57) Twenty-Four Hours
58) Abandon Ship
65) City Lights
70) Golden Years
Plot Saver ListPlot Saver List6 years ago in Writing
1. Kill a main character.
2. Send your characters on a journey.
3. Have your characters lose an important item.
4. Have a character go crazy.
5. A volcano erupts nearby.
6. Your characters stumble on a key.
7. Your characters throw a man off a bridge.
8. Your character gets drunk.
9. Your character finds a lost child.
10. Your character is attacked by a bandit.
11. Your character develops a crush on someone.
12. Add a new character.
13. Your main character trips and breaks his/her arm.
14. Characters argue over milk.
15. Have a character say I am afraid I have lost my watch
16. Write a scene that takes place in a boat.
17. Have a character who wears glasses break them.
18. Have a character play pool.
19. Kill a duck.
20. Use a fire in your novel.
21. Send in the ninjas!
22. Add a one-night stand.
23. Get your characters lost in the forest.
24. Your main characters mother dies.
25. Two characters kiss.
26. One character walks in on two others having sex.
27. A supporti