Star CrossedWe came from dust. Lots of dust. It was dark when we began, but we would soon change that.Star Crossed2 days ago in Short Stories More Like This
“What will you be?” I asked.
“I will be big,” he said. He began scooping in all the dust he could reach. “I will be bright and white and brilliant. I will be beautiful.”
He had always been much bolder than I was. I only took dust by handfuls.
It wasn't long before his piece of cloud pulled inward and began to breathe. He was glowing. He was brilliant, and I couldn't take my eyes off him. Blazing flares leapt off his skin as he took form. The power of his transformation started to blow away the dust around us.
“Quick,” he said, “take some more for yourself. You’ll love this.” He dwarfed me now; he could have held my dainty little soul in his hands.
I couldn't imagine becoming that great. I just smiled and politely shook my head.
“I’m fine,” I said. I pulled my lacy piece of cloud together until I had just enough fo
Human Nomads using Red Dwarfs for FoodWe humans don't necessarily adapt to a new environment, we make the environment adapt to us. In the case of terraforming planets like Mars and making Dyson Spheres, that's especially true.Human Nomads using Red Dwarfs for Food5 days ago in Personal More Like This
1. Build spaceships to travel as nomads.
2. Send android ambassadors to Mars to Terraform for food and water, then place a Dyson Net around the planet Mars in order to create artificial gravity of 1-G.
3. Send nanobot then android ambassadors to planets around Red Dwarf to Terraform for food and Water, and Dyson Nets. All while the Human ambassadors travel as Nomads in Generational Holoships, similar to the one in Star Trek: Insurrection.
4. Remember to sign a constitution or Bill of Rights, to help Androids, Holograms and Eugenics to prevent the extinction of the Original Human Species.
5. Remember to invent Warp Drive and Jump Gates around Red Dwarfs in order to allow instinct FTL travel.